Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i the only one who believes Rafael Palmeiro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i the only one who believes Rafael Palmeiro?

Seeing him on ESPN last night and this morning, i really believe he did not knowingly take steroids. I really think he took something given to him, was told it would help him feel better or energized as he was getting older and assumed it was fine. Maybe a stupid idea to assume but hey, it happens.

I don't know but something about the guy makes me believe him. Just weird.

I'm 99% positive i'm the only one who believes him but i was just curious what others thought!

And why is Manny the only guy who failed a test that is being treated like a hero? It's fucken sickening .........

Comment

he took roids dude
      U-C-O-N-N = Uconn! Uconn! Uconn!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        I'm 99% positive i'm the only one who believes him but i was just curious what others thought!

And why is Manny the only guy who failed a test that is being treated like a hero? It's fucken sickening .........
        don't have any strong opinions on Palmeiro, but 10000% agree w/ you on Manny........fucking joke. The whole thing is treated like a joke and everyone is just laughing with Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by uconnplayer View Post
          he took roids dude
          I never said he didn't.

Comment

Im not sure about Palmeiro u kind of believed him to but he was in Texas with Cansaco and im pretty sure he said he was among the roid users.. But I think Manny get a pass because he laughs it off and doesn't say I didnt do it... But yea Kind of Crazy

Comment

just look who was on that texas team and u would change your mind they all were killing the ball a-rod,congress-palmeiro,jose s nitch,and pudge i have not hit more then 10 homers since juice days they all took it and all of baseball know it
              Last edited by flashypants; 07-04-2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Wasn't he in Baltimore when he failed a test, not Texas?

Comment

Yea he was in Baltimore. I followed his career while in Baltimore and Texas and I do believe he took roids at some point in his career. Although I do agree with you that he probably didn't knowingly take roids when he got caught. He very well may have thought he was taking a B-12 shot. He had too much to lose since he was already a sure fire Hall of Famer to risk taking roids at the end of his career. However I believe he did take them at some point.

Comment

Wasn't he in Baltimore when he failed a test, not Texas?
                    Yes. There was something going on in the Baltimore club house a few years back. Tejada, Raffy and even Brian Roberts were all said to have been taking something. I'm wondering if he got something from Tejada that was unknowingly a steroid...

Comment

yes he was in balt but he was on something way before that but agree that tejada which got caught my have feed him but at that point in your life should u not be wiser

Comment

Wayne i swear dude i was thinking the exact same thing last night.it was his eyes dude he was real convincing.if he was lying he is very good at it.when mcgwire and sosa had that deal i could tell they were lying but last night he did look like he was telling the truth
                        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
                          Wayne i swear dude i was thinking the exact same thing last night.it was his eyes dude he was real convincing.if he was lying he is very good at it.when mcgwire and sosa had that deal i could tell they were lying but last night he did look like he was telling the truth

Exactly tech. Before i saw that last night, i was totally convinced he was a fraud. After seeing that, i totally believe him. I wonder if everyone who commented in this thread saw it because IMO, he was pretty convincing and it made me change my mind.

Comment

Exactly tech. Before i saw that last night, i was totally convinced he was a fraud. After seeing that, i totally believe him. I wonder if everyone who commented in this thread saw it because IMO, he was pretty convincing and it made me change my mind.
                            I believe him. I was really disappointed and frankly shocked when he tested positive in 05. I grew up an O's fan and he was always one of my favorite players. Always just struck me as a hard working, soft spoken, consistent hitter. He isn't a huge guy and it's not like he hit 60 HRs a year and hit tape measure bombs. I think he got unfairly lumped into a group of guys because of guilt by association. He was the only one of those guys on Capitol Hill that adamently said he never knowingly took perforomance enhancers. That struck me as being key when guys like McGwire couldn't talk about the past and Sosa suddenly couldn't speak English, Palmeiro at least gave a firm answer and seemed convincing to me. Last night just reaffirmed that. I think it would be a shame if he never gets a chance at the Hall.

Comment

Rafael Palmeiro continues to deny knowingly using performance-enhancing drugs
                              Rafael Palmeiro spent some time reflecting before he was inducted into the College Baseball Hall of Fame on Friday in Lubbock, Texas on Friday.

Rafael Palmeiro continues to deny knowingly using performance-enhancing drugs - ESPN

Comment

Working...
                              X