Rumor has it UK has found their new coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor has it UK has found their new coach

Memphis fan wont like this but John Calipari looks like the new boss at UK.
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Smart hire. The UK AD finally got it right. He has won every place he has coached except in the NBA. I bet Calipari brings some of his Memphis recruits with him.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
      Smart hire. The UK AD finally got it right. He has won every place he has coached except in the NBA. I bet Calipari brings some of his Memphis recruits with him.
      Is this confirmed?? Wow--that would be a great hire.

Comment

if this is true Calipari is a liar and an asshole
        "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Pretty much a done deal, and yes he is bringing the recruits with him

5 mill a year
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
            if this is true Calipari is a liar and an asshole
            all coaches are liars and assholes

signed Bobby Petrino
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
              all coaches are liars and assholes

signed Bobby Petrino

Seriously however, if this is true Cali can go fuck himself.

Comment

From fox sports

Talks between Kentucky and Memphis coach John Calipari have intensified and the two sides are moving closer to an agreement that could make him the highest-paid coach in the country.

According to sources close to the Tigers coach, Calipari is close to a deal that will pay him in excess of $5 million per season.
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post

Seriously however, if this is true Cali can go fuck himself.
                  I agree bro, been fucked by a coach or two myself. Its the business, it sucks too.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Cal would be stupid NOT to take the UK job and he will take it. He brought Memphis back to prominance and it is time to move on. He will be the King of Kentucky if he does there what he did at his previous stops. Look out SEC!!!

Comment

I also heard he had recruits that said they will follow him to UK if he goes. John C. has put his time in and UK will LOVE him down there. It is the 2nd best CBB job in the Country behind UNC. UK hits a home run with this one if they get him.

Maybe now he'll get in those guitar hero commercials too!

Comment

He put Memphis back on the map, would be moving to one of the top 3 jobs in College Basketball and would be getting $35 million over 8 yrs. Its not like he bailed after a year or two.

Good for him....
                        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Might as well shut down the Ville program imo

Comment

I feel this is a no brainer for Cal and this is my reasoning.

1) Kentucky is dying for a basketball team that is competative in the SEC and to make it back to the Final Four and as it has been reported are willing to pay for it. $5,000,000 a year and don't be surprised if there are a few huge bonuses if he wins a title in the SEC or a national championship.

2) He has been able to win at UMASS and now Memphis which have NEVER been basketball meccas yet he has been a good enough coach to take average talent and get a few studs (Rose) to come to these schools and make impressive runs in the tourney with these teams. Now he heads to a school where parents breed for the simple reason to develop a basketball player that will start at Kentucky. He has the ability to bring in talent that will make Kentucky an Elite 8 regular and become a GOD-like figure.

3) He isn't going to have to work as hard in recruiting since his track record over the past few years indicates that he can get players to the NBA. I mean you have to be a great talker to get players to UMASS and Memphis. Now you have a college where basketball players are rock stars, where the arena will have 15k each home game and you are competing in a good basketball conference.

This is an absolute no brainer. Kentucky has no where else to go in terms of a big name and Cal knows this and can write a blank check on this one.
                            Get the best line possible....or you can just gamble!

Comment

Fuck Calipari..........

And oh yeah, when your up 3 with 10 seconds left..... YOU FOUL. Douchebag

Comment

Working...
                              X