Detroit's New Dominator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBURGH
    Well written Mr. Pain. I am a huge Pens fan and I am shocked at our play. We actually learned to play a pretty good defensive style when Crosby and Fleury were out for most of the season, but that doesn't seem to be enough as Detroit just dominates us on both ends of the ice. I do like the new style of hockey, and I have been around to watch the old style of hockey. But clutching and grabbing and holding still wins championships, especially if you are offensively talented enough to turn immediately to the offensive and make a team pay. It appears that Detroit will win this series, I just hope that Pittsburgh puts up more of a fight.

Chado, a question for you Mr. Detroit, I thought your team was the Canadians, what style of hockey do they play, and why aren't they playing right now?
    thanks dburgh appreciate it especially seeing your a pens fan. Let's face it, this is hockey, it's a contact sport. Clutching, grabbing, holding to an extent HAS to be allowed or it would not be hockey, and it is a skill, you want proof, look how easily you beat philly, you going to tell me philly doesn't clutch, grab, hold

the skill is knowing when and where you can do those things and the wings know exactly what they are doing. I would also like to add that I have heard puck possession team more in the last week than i did all year. News flash, ever since they cleared out that hull, shannahan,yzerman crew they have been a puck possession team, they have just perfected it now.

I used to hate the red wings because of how they ran the team(similar to yankees in baseball, buy the trophy) I am actually quite a fan now of the team that does things the "right" way. Load up on good scouting and draft picks, keep everyone in house for at least 3 years and learn the system, build chemistry, while not over extending anyone's greedy contracts. IMO why the have some many swedes.

Think about it in the yzerman days how many sweedish players could you name on the red wings Lidstrom and that's about it.
    Now you have Datsyuk from russia who plays like a swede(very unselfish), huddler from czech, but played in swedish elite league and.......Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Holmstrom,Samuelsson, Franzen, Filppula,Kronwall and Lilja are all from sweeden. Their top defense prospect Ericsson is also from sweden.

puck possesion..........if detroit has it, pittsburgh doesn't (a lot easier said than done)

Comment

Originally posted by vinnyvegas
      Go Wings...been watching them since late 80s to now...riding the wave & doesn't look like Pens give them much trouble. It'll be interesting to see if they can score at home & make this interesting...NHL RATINGS need a boost so maybe Pens win a game or 2 but sure doesn't look that way.

GL Pain & nice job.
      appreciate it vinny, i know it doesn't look that way now but I do think the pens will win 1 game. IMO detroit will lock em down again in game 3 which they are DOGS I just took it @+110 and probably play game 4 without enough urgency. Then wrap it up at home.

if anyone has watched the last 2 games how can you not take det as a dog ??

Comment

Originally posted by DBURGH
        Well written Mr. Pain. I am a huge Pens fan and I am shocked at our play. We actually learned to play a pretty good defensive style when Crosby and Fleury were out for most of the season, but that doesn't seem to be enough as Detroit just dominates us on both ends of the ice. I do like the new style of hockey, and I have been around to watch the old style of hockey. But clutching and grabbing and holding still wins championships, especially if you are offensively talented enough to turn immediately to the offensive and make a team pay. It appears that Detroit will win this series, I just hope that Pittsburgh puts up more of a fight.

Chado, a question for you Mr. Detroit, I thought your team was the Canadians, what style of hockey do they play, and why aren't they playing right now?
        Well Dburgh you got what you wanted, pitt definitely put up more of a fight over the last 4 games, If we erase the first 2 who knows who would of won ?

Comment

As the title of yahoo sports put it HOW SWEDE IT IS (referring to the dominant play of all the swedish players on the red wings)
          The first european captain to win a stanley cup goes to sweden's nick Lidstrom. That other trophy for MVP of the playoff's went to sweden's Henrik Zetterberg who was tied for the most playoff goals 13 along with another swede Johan Franzen who missed 10 games !! and some other kid named crosby. If 13 goals wasn't enough he is also nominated for the selke award which goes to the best defensive forward in the league. Keep calling swede's soft, I love it

Comment

One last pat on the back for Chris Osgood as he did falter a bit in game 5, but got things back in order for game 6, and the BACKUP goaltender carries his team from the middle of the 1st round all the way to the cup.

How about that poke check with about 1.2 seconds left, if he didn't reach out and poke, who knows if it would of gone in, but he did and it didn't.

What really capped the whole thing off for me is...................................was i the only one that noticed that nobody wanted to be the guy to give the cup to you know who, yea Hasek. They showed him on camera 1 time I watched the whole celebration, they had guys like kopecky ?? and hartigan (who played 13 games all year carrying it around)
            1 final time, good for you ossie ! great playoff run wings ! Peace.

Comment

Nice Win Man
              MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
              HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
              0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Working...