Detroit's New Dominator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit's New Dominator

I'm sorry I had to create a thread for this even though there are not very many hockey nuts on here.

I am quoted in at least 3 or 4 threads before the playoffs started saying if detroit wants to win they better throw osgood in there. Osgood has been the better goaltender all year long going 27-9-4 with a .914 save % and a 2.09 gaa yea and he's the "backup" you want the "starters" #s 27-10-3 with a .902 save % and a 2.14 gaa.

osgood really isn't the new dominator as he's been doing it his whole career it just goes unnoticed wherever he goes. as a former goalie I can tell you when I see the guys in front of me playing hard to let up even 1 goal is letting them down.

Tonight was a perfect example detroit get's a goal in the first half of the first period and osgood holds a shutout up until 46 seconds left and nashville ties it to go to OT. SO........what does detroit do..... respond immediately with the game winner 1:48 seconds into OT. I guarantee all they said in the locker room was Ossie is going to hold us up now we need to go win for him. (they probably thought he had the win and a shutout in regulation)
    Just a little shout out to chris osgood as he well deserves it, and all those people that took a chance on nashville, they would have beat detroit if they left hasek in. Does anyone really think he would have posted a shutout through 59:14 seconds. he can't go 8 or 11 seconds for that matter without giving up 2 ! Good for you Osgood

haha, are you serious? he had nothing to do with that shit...the shots were 53-18....they should have won 10-1. How bout you talk about ellis stoping all those shots
    1 = $25

MLB Posted (as of 4/15) - 20-11 +21.86

God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of

Comment

Originally posted by vondie
      haha, are you serious? he had nothing to do with that shit...the shots were 53-18....they should have won 10-1. How bout you talk about ellis stoping all those shots
      you obviously haven't read any of my other posts like in one where I say dan ellis is outplaying dominik hasek, then I went on to say who knew that the dominator was going to wear # 39 in blue. (again referring to ellis being better) I even gave greek nashville for the series when he asked for dogs to take, and chado told me i was out of my mind to think ellis could keep up with detroit.

Yes I'm serious because your missing the whole point here, teams play better in front of certain goalies, 53-18 so what's your point. If hasek was in he WOULD NOT have posted a shutout until 46 seconds left. 10, 18, or 53 shots it doesn't matter all that matters is osgood stopped everything in front of him when he NEEDED to.

I'd love to hear your reasoning on how osgood had nothing to do with it when goaltenders basically decide games in the playoffs. (like he did last night) So your saying that if hasek was in, detroit still would have won 2-1.

I've done nothing but praise ellis, and rip hasek all throughout the series, and I told detroit dave in multiple threads that detroit WILL lose if they stick with hasek, I told him dave if you want to win this series chris osgood is your starting goaltender.

hey a vondie ? is it how many hockey teams/games have you played. And if you did play were you a goalie, I can already tell you were not by your comment. Anyone who played that position would just not say something like that.

I played 5 years between quebec AAA, and thunder bay junior B league for the north shore river rats. 2 years 1st starter in all star game, and even played a little in the USHL for the lincoln stars.

have you ever played or are you just mad detroit won ? I am by no means a detroit fan. let's make that clear.
      Last edited by MR Pain; 04-19-2008, 12:35 PM.

Comment

osgood had nothing to do with it. I guess nashville should have won 18-1 right, because without a goalie all the shots would go in

Comment

easy buddy, no need to get defensive. I took nashville for the series too....I was just saying that to credit osgood for that win is silly, their offense really got going and they shut down nashville as they obviously couldn't get anything done.

and congratulations on your hockey career
          1 = $25

Comment

easy buddy, no need to get defensive. I took nashville for the series too....I was just saying that to credit osgood for that win is silly, their offense really got going and they shut down nashville as they obviously couldn't get anything done.

and congratulations on your hockey career
            If your serious then thank you, it could have been better like the NHL. If your just being sarcastic.............use your imagination.

OK..... how about that SHUTOUT that osgood got yesterday. 20 shots , 20 saves. Pretty good considering nashville even had a 5 on 3 power play. so that is 2 starts and 1 goal given up that seems pretty dominant to me. But what do i know.

I guess giving credit to osgood for this win is silly too. we should credit Lidstrom for scoring a short handed goal from center ice.

Anyone who actually says it is silly to credit the goaltender for a win in the playoffs is well......................silly.
            Goaltenders win games buddy. There were 3 other games yesterday, philly (who i have for the series) should have tied it up in the end but............a great save by huet and they lost. Anaheim was in full control for 2 full periods and easily could and should have had more than 1 goal. turco made save after save and his team responded with 4 goals in the third to win. And oh yea that other game where Kipprusoff got a shutout in a must win situation to force a game 7.

That goaltender in colorado seems to be doing a pretty good job too.

This thread is really to give credit to chris osgood as he has been one of my favorites for a long time and has always been overlooked. 2 starts 1 goal given up, 1 shutout. You can put you know who on a plane back to the czech republic, he's not needed.

Comment

sarcasm
              1 = $25

Comment

sarcasm
                3,000 posts and you're still an asshole. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                  3,000 posts and you're still an asshole. Congrats
                  hahaha, i didn't even realize i hit 3K....glad I havn't let this place change me
                  1 = $25

Comment

Good for you ossie !

Ok this thread NEEDS to be updated. as stated in my previous posts in this thread is to praise chris osgood....let me make that clear from the start.....before i start........... here i go

well the avalanche who are my favorite team were hit with many injuries at a time when they couldn't beat detroit with everyone healthy. I fully expected to lose that series and had a series play in another post on detroit. So detroit made quick use of that en route to sweeping the avalanche, and even though franzen got all the glory for setting the record, ossie was between the pipes when they needed him, they got the sweep, and more importantly rest while the stars and sharks were wearing each other out.

Then we move to the dallas series which was trouble from the begining considering turco was 0-9-2 lifetime going into that series @ detroit. (also had an even bigger play on that series referring to turco's #'s vs the red wings in pain's puck pick thread, not a bad 10-0-1 thread if i may say so myself.) Everyone has that team they just can't beat, turco's is detroit. Everyone has to start somewhere and my hat goes off to turco for getting his first win in detroit, but it wasn't enough and his overall record at "the joe" is now 1-12-2.

and now ladies and gentelmen.............................

I've held my toungue now for two whole games, didn't start a thread, didn't go off or even post in a in-game, and didn't back chado up as I was going to in his post the other night when the wings won.

I have heard so much garbage-talk(people that IMO don't know the game or history of hockey) from people all around me about this eastern conference. NOT so much on this site, but everyone in general is just all over pittsburgh. I guess because they are fun to watch ??? (NOT FOR ME) I hope you "NEW" NHL fans are getting a good look at will work all season, but not fore a minute in the playoffs. Yea, maybe against other eastern conference teams that;s a whole other thread.

seriously it seemed like there were like 20 people that would all ring in when pitt won, where were you all season? I know there are a couple guys from the pitt area on here but not that many. Too much talk about pitt, back to Chris Osgood who's playoff #'s go a little something like this 14 games started so far 12-2 with a 1.48 GAA and a .935 save % with 3 shutouts. Those #'s will be even better as tonight's shutout is not included in the GAA or %.

Even more enjoyable to watch is the high flying, "new" look NHL penguins that had NO problem running over the east only losing 2 games, while they made scoring look EASY...............be COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN. what is my definition of shut down, well you claim you have the best player in the NHL,you went 12-2 through the east and now 2 games in @ detroit and you have just as many losses, and NO GOALS ! (I'm sure chris osgood has nothing to do with it)

I know i'll say it for you.........it's only 2 games and now they go back to PITT. (does that mean they will score ?) probably and i will update this as soon as they do, and especially if they don't. They are completely unraveling reverting back to typical old school eastern conference play with the rough stuff at the end of the game. Did anyone else see datsyuk of all people get a really good shot in on gary roberts, yea that's right gary...........pavel just rocked you. (i've never seen datsyuk fight once) he's so good he doesn't have to.

one last time, i completely understand not wanting to read this short story, but hockey is my favorite sport and it's the finals. Before the comments come piling on let me say 1 last time that this thread is to praise chris osgood. I did rip the pens a little, but they deserve it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MR Pain
                      Ok this thread NEEDS to be updated. as stated in my previous posts in this thread is to praise chris osgood....let me make that clear from the start.....before i start........... here i go

well the avalanche who are my favorite team were hit with many injuries at a time when they couldn't beat detroit with everyone healthy. I fully expected to lose that series and had a series play in another post on detroit. So detroit made quick use of that en route to sweeping the avalanche, and even though franzen got all the glory for setting the record, ossie was between the pipes when they needed him, they got the sweep, and more importantly rest while the stars and sharks were wearing each other out.

Then we move to the dallas series which was trouble from the begining considering turco was 0-9-2 lifetime going into that series @ detroit. (also had an even bigger play on that series referring to turco's #'s vs the red wings in pain's puck pick thread, not a bad 10-0-1 thread if i may say so myself.) Everyone has that team they just can't beat, turco's is detroit. Everyone has to start somewhere and my hat goes off to turco for getting his first win in detroit, but it wasn't enough and his overall record at "the joe" is now 1-12-2.

and now ladies and gentelmen.............................

I've held my toungue now for two whole games, didn't start a thread, didn't go off or even post in a in-game, and didn't back chado up as I was going to in his post the other night when the wings won.

I have heard so much garbage-talk(people that IMO don't know the game or history of hockey) from people all around me about this eastern conference. NOT so much on this site, but everyone in general is just all over pittsburgh. I guess because they are fun to watch ??? (NOT FOR ME) I hope you "NEW" NHL fans are getting a good look at will work all season, but not fore a minute in the playoffs. Yea, maybe against other eastern conference teams that;s a whole other thread.

seriously it seemed like there were like 20 people that would all ring in when pitt won, where were you all season? I know there are a couple guys from the pitt area on here but not that many. Too much talk about pitt, back to Chris Osgood who's playoff #'s go a little something like this 14 games started so far 12-2 with a 1.48 GAA and a .935 save % with 3 shutouts. Those #'s will be even better as tonight's shutout is not included in the GAA or %.

Even more enjoyable to watch is the high flying, "new" look NHL penguins that had NO problem running over the east only losing 2 games, while they made scoring look EASY...............be COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN. what is my definition of shut down, well you claim you have the best player in the NHL,you went 12-2 through the east and now 2 games in @ detroit and you have just as many losses, and NO GOALS ! (I'm sure chris osgood has nothing to do with it)

I know i'll say it for you.........it's only 2 games and now they go back to PITT. (does that mean they will score ?) probably and i will update this as soon as they do, and especially if they don't. They are completely unraveling reverting back to typical old school eastern conference play with the rough stuff at the end of the game. Did anyone else see datsyuk of all people get a really good shot in on gary roberts, yea that's right gary...........pavel just rocked you. (i've never seen datsyuk fight once) he's so good he doesn't have to.

one last time, i completely understand not wanting to read this short story, but hockey is my favorite sport and it's the finals. Before the comments come piling on let me say 1 last time that this thread is to praise chris osgood. I did rip the pens a little, but they deserve it IMO.
                      Couldnt agree more about all of this bro. People love to jump on the Pens band wagon but what only true hockey fans that have a sense of what wins in playoff hockey know that high scoring offenses with lack luster defenses DO NOT win Championships. I stated with the very first sentence in my Wings to win the Cup thread "the difference between the two teams in this series is gonna be defense and goaltending" HUGE EDGE TO THE WINGS over the Pens. The Eastern Conference is more fun to watch and it is built around offense first and defense seconds. However the West is a totally different breed as the main priority is defense and goaltending and offense gets generated from it. This is what it takes to win in playoff hockey not run and gun offenses like the Pens have. They had not seen a shut down defense evern close to how good the Wings is when the played the Sens, Rangers, and Flyers all whom which have mediocre to terrible defensive corps. I knew this was gonna be the deciding factor and will be waiting at the pay window when the Wings win this Cup easily for ALL THE REASONS stated in my thread to a tee while the Pens band wagon jumpers will sit there in shock not realizing what it takes to win in the playoffs. A perfect example is what does not show up in the box score with defensive categories. If you watched game 1 and 2 all you had to do was see every single one of the Wings defenceman tying up every Pens player in front of Osgood and clearing rebounds in split seconds and these little defensive things are what it takes to win it all when it comes down to the end. Nice to hear from ya Pain and GL brother!!!
                      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                        Couldnt agree more about all of this bro. People love to jump on the Pens band wagon but what only true hockey fans that have a sense of what wins in playoff hockey know that high scoring offenses with lack luster defenses DO NOT win Championships. I stated with the very first sentence in my Wings to win the Cup thread "the difference between the two teams in this series is gonna be defense and goaltending" HUGE EDGE TO THE WINGS over the Pens. The Eastern Conference is more fun to watch and it is built around offense first and defense seconds. However the West is a totally different breed as the main priority is defense and goaltending and offense gets generated from it. This is what it takes to win in playoff hockey not run and gun offenses like the Pens have. They had not seen a shut down defense evern close to how good the Wings is when the played the Sens, Rangers, and Flyers all whom which have mediocre to terrible defensive corps. I knew this was gonna be the deciding factor and will be waiting at the pay window when the Wings win this Cup easily for ALL THE REASONS stated in my thread to a tee while the Pens band wagon jumpers will sit there in shock not realizing what it takes to win in the playoffs. A perfect example is what does not show up in the box score with defensive categories. If you watched game 1 and 2 all you had to do was see every single one of the Wings defenceman tying up every Pens player in front of Osgood and clearing rebounds in split seconds and these little defensive things are what it takes to win it all when it comes down to the end. Nice to hear from ya Pain and GL brother!!!
                        Yep, i forgot to leave out the fact that other than the power play pitt had in the first period, guess how many shots they had on goal. Zero, not 1. So your down a game in the finals, you have crosby, malkin,hossa, and you can't even get a shot on goal, and when they did osgood was there. Dude I made my biggest play ever on this series. so a little worried talking about it, but i will be up a G and be able to take baseball and my ufc stuff all year long if the wings come through. Let's Go Red Wings

Comment

Well written Mr. Pain. I am a huge Pens fan and I am shocked at our play. We actually learned to play a pretty good defensive style when Crosby and Fleury were out for most of the season, but that doesn't seem to be enough as Detroit just dominates us on both ends of the ice. I do like the new style of hockey, and I have been around to watch the old style of hockey. But clutching and grabbing and holding still wins championships, especially if you are offensively talented enough to turn immediately to the offensive and make a team pay. It appears that Detroit will win this series, I just hope that Pittsburgh puts up more of a fight.

Chado, a question for you Mr. Detroit, I thought your team was the Canadians, what style of hockey do they play, and why aren't they playing right now?
                          Let's Hammer the Book.

Comment

Go Wings...been watching them since late 80s to now...riding the wave & doesn't look like Pens give them much trouble. It'll be interesting to see if they can score at home & make this interesting...NHL RATINGS need a boost so maybe Pens win a game or 2 but sure doesn't look that way.

GL Pain & nice job.
                            FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

Originally posted by DBURGH
                              Chado, a question for you Mr. Detroit, I thought your team was the Canadians, what style of hockey do they play, and why aren't they playing right now?
                              It is the Habs and that is also the reason we are done aswell as your Pens will be shortly. We both have high powered offenses and mediocre defenses. Until Price shows he can hold down the fort and our defense strengthens we will be on the outside looking in cause that is what wins in playoff hockey. What can I say right?
                              SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X