question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

if you have alittle less than 10k to spend on a stock and all you want is a safe investment that returns more than a 3.5% money market fund. What do you guys suggest. I want to buy stock in 1 company not spead out, i dont want to get rich all i want is a okay return at a low risk. not looking for anything more. Would opening a fidelity acct online be a good idea?? thanks

PS i have 401k that has alot more $$$ that is spread all over.
    Last edited by 10DimeBry; 03-13-2006, 03:52 PM.
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Just take the 10K and bet Wayne's Arena Football plays. Or ... Wait for MLB and bet Chuck or Spark's plays. You'll do just fine
    "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

bump
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
        if you have alittle less than 10k to spend on a stock and all you want is a safe investment that returns more than a 3.5% money market fund. What do you guys suggest. I want to buy stock in 1 company not spead out, i dont want to get rich all i want is a okay return at a low risk. not looking for anything more. Would opening a fidelity acct online be a good idea?? thanks

PS i have 401k that has alot more $$$ that is spread all over.
        Buy Pizza Hut or MCDonald's stock. Don't you make sure to keep them in business.

Comment

Bryan,

If I were you and you just want to buy a stock, buy either:

GE
          MSFT

But if you don't NEED to buy just one stock, I would take it and put it into 3 or 4 mutual funds. 1 Large Cap Growth, 1 mid size, and 1 small cap....... and if you do 4, 1 international fund. Thats your best bet, and probably get about 9% return on average per year. And with Mutual Funds, you have a manager managing that fund...........

Just in case you don't know what a mutual fund is, it is just a group of stocks that make it up. The manager of the mutual fund changes the stocks in that mutual fund from time to time depending on their performance.

Some of the best ones I like are American Funds.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Comment

10 Dime I agree with RJ. Putting everything in one stock is a hard way to go. I have two stocks I have money in and the rest is in mutual funds.
            Today I will be Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

Comment

Working...
            X