Please teach me about stocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please teach me about stocks!

Hey guys! I want to get into stocks but just know the basics: buy low, sell high. Is there more to this? How can I start making a profit? Help wanted.

Spark,

Please ck out the stock forum on this site, there is some good info in there.
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
      Spark,

Please ck out the stock forum on this site, there is some good info in there.
      MY MEAT IN THE HOT DESERT.......

Comment

you can also sell high and buy low to make money in stocks, you can write covered call options, you can make money all kinds of ways.

to ask to be taught how to make money with stocks on an internet message board is impossible, but one thing is to keep your commission costs low, I like scottrade.

go to the library and get some books on stock investing.
        boxing 7-3 +12.95 units

Comment

thanks guys! will do.

Comment

In my opinion don't short stocks and don't use margin!

Overall stocks tend to go up over the long run.

Also you need to have stop losses. In other words whatever price you buy a stock at how much are you will to lose on it if it goes down?

If you buy it at $15.00 x 1,000 = $15,000

Are you will to lose $500 or $1,000 or ?

If you're willing to lose $500 then if the stock dips to $14.50 you would get out.

Now this is only for daytrading or very short term trading.

Another thing you would want to do is right down a list of stocks you like and paper trade them. In other words act as if you bought them at X price that day and see how they do before actually investing $.

And as the other poster mentioned you need to get some good stock books. Try amazon.com and look at the reviews.

Comment

Working...
            X