Daytrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytrading

It seems a few here daytrade. How much do you guys normally start with (cash) in a day and how much profit do you want in a day? Obviously enough to cover transaction fees. But just wondering what you consider a good day...
    Pre-ban 1-0 (+1.00)
    Post ban 6-4 (+3.90)

i don't day trade as it's really meant. i'm not buying and selling stocks a couple times a day.

i hang on till i get the gain i want, then sell. maybe 2 months, maybe 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by capperjohn1
      It seems a few here daytrade. How much do you guys normally start with (cash) in a day and how much profit do you want in a day? Obviously enough to cover transaction fees. But just wondering what you consider a good day...
      At first breaking even

After that anything above breaking even.

Comment

I normally dont day trade, but there are some stocks that I have had for a long time that peaked high...so I sold and then they dipped back down, so I bought back in. I have day traded 300k in a days time. As a norm I like to make a 5% return on day trading. But the old saying is you cant go broke taking a profit!

Comment

Remember that if you want to daytrade, you have to have $25,000 of equity in your account or you are limited to 3 daytrades within a 5 day period. If you exceed 3 within 5 days and you have less than $25,000, you will not be able to open any more positions until you bring your equity above $25K.

That is for margin accounts, by the way. If you have a straight cash account, the rules don't apply, but you will not be able to short stocks.
          Every
          Villain
          Is
          Lemons

Comment

Originally posted by rented mule
            Remember that if you want to daytrade, you have to have $25,000 of equity in your account or you are limited to 3 daytrades within a 5 day period. If you exceed 3 within 5 days and you have less than $25,000, you will not be able to open any more positions until you bring your equity above $25K.

That is for margin accounts, by the way. If you have a straight cash account, the rules don't apply, but you will not be able to short stocks.
            How often do you trade using Swing?

Comment

Working...
            X