For Anyone that Trades on Margin!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Anyone that Trades on Margin!!!!!

Short LAZARD (LAZ) !!!! It just came out as an IPO last week at $25.00 a share. This IS A DOG!!!!!!!! The first day it came out it dropped to $24.00.

Today it came out already down another 0.73.

Short the hell out of this stock...........

shorting a stock is always dangerous, the market's flashed some accumulationg (buying) signals the last week, which increases your odd's of failure when short selling. if a stock comes out ipo I'd want to know the underwriters, the bigger names wouldn't want to be attached to a dog regardless of the fees they recieve, as it would hurt further business. a smaller shop might go with any tom dick or jane stock, but as with any investment advice, do your homework, and if the stock is really a poor company, you'll have plenty of time to profit from it's implosion.
    boxing 7-3 +12.95 units

Comment

Originally posted by amhlilhaus
      shorting a stock is always dangerous, the market's flashed some accumulationg (buying) signals the last week, which increases your odd's of failure when short selling. if a stock comes out ipo I'd want to know the underwriters, the bigger names wouldn't want to be attached to a dog regardless of the fees they recieve, as it would hurt further business. a smaller shop might go with any tom dick or jane stock, but as with any investment advice, do your homework, and if the stock is really a poor company, you'll have plenty of time to profit from it's implosion.

Oh, I know A LOT more about LAZ than just it came out last week as an IPO and is already down 15%. This is a dog with fleas!!

Comment

Shorting an IPO is very difficult. Most firms dont allow an IPO to be margined for usually 60-90 days, so unless it can be margined, it cannot be shorted. And there are no options on this one, so you cannot buy puts either.

Comment

Originally posted by wallstreet
          Shorting an IPO is very difficult. Most firms dont allow an IPO to be margined for usually 60-90 days, so unless it can be margined, it cannot be shorted. And there are no options on this one, so you cannot buy puts either.

that sucks because it is garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You can't short that stock for at least 60 days. I inquired at my broker, just as an FYI.
            Every
            Villain
            Is
            Lemons

Comment

Originally posted by rented mule
              You can't short that stock for at least 60 days. I inquired at my broker, just as an FYI.

thanks man, hopefully it stays around 23 or $24 a share and then after 60 days I'll short it.

Comment

Alternative is to buy some put options

They have listed put options on this stock. I have included the September Puts. That is as far as they go. They do have June, through September puts. What is your estimate as to how low this stock may be in September??

September Puts Symbol Bid Ask Last Vol Op Int
                Strike
                20.00 +LAZUD 0.75 0.95 -- 0 40
                22.50 +LAZUX 1.80 2.00 -- 0 20
                25.00 +LAZUE 3.40 3.80

Comment

I don't know, it is already down to 21.60 a share. It came out about a month ago at $25.00

Comment

Working...
                  X