anyone know DRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know DRI

Anything about a stock called DRI...I've been watching it and am impressed...any info on someone's outlook would be appreciated.

From a chart perspective it looks like a buy in my opinion.

Even Darden Restaurants' (NYSE: DRI - News) anchor, Red Lobster, has been able to net more sales of late.

Darden soars on earnings, outlook
    Yum Brands higher on sales growth update
    By William Spain, MarketWatch
    Last Update: 4:45 PM ET March 24, 2005
    E-mail it | Print | Alert | Reprint | RSS

CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Darden Restaurants Inc. rallied Thursday, gaining more than 9 percent after the company reported a hefty bounce in third-quarter profit and raised its earnings target for the fiscal year.

Late Wednesday, Orlando, Fla.-based Darden (DRI: news, chart, profile) said that it made $92.6 million, or 56 cents per share, for the three months ended Feb. 27. That's up from $77.1 million or 45 cents a share earned in the year-ago third quarter, and handily ahead of the 51-cent average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson First Call.

Sales rose 11 percent to $1.38 billion, with same-store sales at the Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurant chains up by 10.5 percent and by 5.1 percent, respectively. The total number of restaurants Darden operated in the quarter rose 4.3 percent to 1,368.

Shares of Darden ended the day at $30, up $2.63.

Looking ahead, the company projected earnings growth in the range of 31 percent to 33 percent, to between $1.78 and $1.81 a share, for the current year. Excluding charges, Darden expects to earn $1.79 to $1.82 a share, compared with a Wall Street view of $1.69.

Meanwhile, shares of fast-food holding company Yum Brands Inc. (YUM: news, chart, profile) also moved higher Thursday, rising 3.4 percent to $52.32.

The parent of Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC said its first-quarter profit should be in line or slightly ahead of analysts' average estimate, with Yum Brands expecting strong sales as well as higher taxes and commodities costs. See full story.

Comment

Red Lobster is always freaking packed here where I live. I mean theres never know where to even park.

Comment

Chart looks good, it wont be a huge hit for you though since it is a restaraunt stock and will likely top out when the PE hits 25 or so.

Could be worth a play on this breakout..

Not my style of stock though.

Nothing better than Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster...bring lots of those and leave everything else in the kitchen..they are the king of bland if you ask me.

Comment

Well I've ridden DRI from 27 to now around 33....was a nice gain from a good stock....I'm thinking of holding onto it longer...can I get anyone's opinion on what I should do?

Comment

I'd hold on to it until it hits 34 1/2 or hopefully 35....then I would sell. If it drops before it hits the 34 1/2 mark, I would buy more of the stock at your discretion and hold on to it until you feel comfortable. Just don't get grredy with a food stock!
            5* 0-0
            4* 0-0
            3* 1-0
            2* 1-0
            1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

Originally posted by joelatti
              Well I've ridden DRI from 27 to now around 33....was a nice gain from a good stock....I'm thinking of holding onto it longer...can I get anyone's opinion on what I should do?
              Ask Brian Mac what to do with it.

Comment

Def will not get greedy....I have an order to sell in for 35.25.....if i get that I'll be very happy....If I see high volume again and get 34.5 I may take that also

Comment

DRI is great!!

Hold on to DRI.

Comment

Stallion what do you see DRI as a short term gain...by short term I mean w/in a year...I see it topping out at 36....maybe 37...so i'd be happy with 35 and change......your thoughts?

Comment

Closes at a 52 week high....Gonna hold about 3/4 and sell the other 25% at 34...hope to get that next week

Comment

Working...
                      X