Stock ? for anyone who might have input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock ? for anyone who might have input

Let me start by saying I don't know much about this field. Just curious if anyone has any idea or input on the potential of what these two stocks can do or when to get out:

I bought Sirius Radio at $2.95 and is at about $4.90 today. How high can this go?

Also have a stock DDD (symbol) that is a pharmecutical working on a ibuprofin time release. It seems they are getting close to an FDA approval, but that could just be talk. I bought at like $3.10, and it is like $3.40 now.

Gookis,

In my view about SIRI..it is a bloated pig. Does that mean it cannot go to 6? No, but I think reality sets in and the stock is very over bought and will retrace. You cannot have a market cap that they do and not have it retrace. Dont look at the price, look at the market cap..

SIRI sells shares almost every other day (just kidding) and they are heavily leveraged.

Given that..once the Stern issue is resolved I think the stock will drop. That could be as early as Thursday when Stern goes on Letterman and says what his plans are. If SIRI has to buy out Howards contract, plus pay him 100M a year, or whatever it is..I dont see the numbers working for the company. Watch your shares, set the price where if it goes down you settle for a profit.

Either that or take a percentage of your position off the table, let some of the stock run. The decision is yours, if it were my shares I would watch for the reaction of the stock after Stern says he is coming or going and does it officially. After that if it goes lower, I think it will go even lower than the initial reaction.

Congrats on the nice hit..I sat on my hands with it and you cannot expect how that Stern news made you money. Thank him personally...lol

Comment

wallstreet

Thanks a lot for the response and insight.

Comment

A Stern Warning For Sirius Satellite

Banc of America Securities downgraded Sirius Satellite Radio (nasdaq: SIRI - news - people ) to "sell" from "neutral," mainly on valuation. The research firm however raised the 12-month price target to $3.68 from $3.19 to reflect slightly lower out-year subscriber acquisition costs, and slightly higher operating cash flow from increased deferred revenue collections. "We continue to believe Sirius is in a fast growing industry with tremendous potential. But our new price target of $3.68 implies a downside of 25.7% from the current stock price, necessitating a 'sell' rating based upon the Banc of America ratings system," the firm said. Banc of America said the upside from an early switch by Howard Stern to Sirius "would be only slightly positive to overall firm value" and will be "expensive," potentially increasing cash costs per user by about 30% next year. The research firm's analysis assumes Howard's standard costs of $100 million would occur in 2005, plus it assumes a one-time $80 million cash settlement with Viacom (nyse: VIAb - news - people ) to buy out the last remaining year on the show. The firm said, "Upside for the stock from an early Stern move to Sirius Satellite Radio is limited, we believe, and more than priced in." Sirius is Banc of America's least favorite pick in its radio and television broadcasting coverage. The firm's top picks are Clear Channel Communications (nyse: CCU - news - people ) and XM Satellite Radio Holdings (nasdaq: XMSR - news - people ), both rated at "buy" with respective price targets of $40 and $37

Comment

SCOLR Pharma Reports Third Quarter and Nine-Month Results
          Friday November 12, 2:51 pm ET

Updates On APPS Conference and Meeting With FDA in Preparation to File IND for CDT Ibuprofen

BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 12, 2004--SCOLR Pharma, Inc. (AMEX:DDD - News) reported today financial results for the three- and nine-month periods ended September 30, 2004. The results for the periods reflect both the December 31, 2003 sale of the Company's probiotics business (which had historically generated substantially all of the Company's revenues) and SCOLR Pharma's transition to a specialty pharma/drug delivery business model

For the three months ended September 30, 2004, the Company reported net revenues of $105,465, an operating loss of $(1,079,638) and a net loss of $(1,067,700), or $(0.04) per share (basic and diluted), as compared with net revenues of $1,595,267 an operating loss of $(665,059) and a net loss of $(1,244,704), or $(0.06) per share (basic and diluted), for the third quarter in 2003.

For the nine months ended September 30, 2004, SCOLR Pharma reported net revenues of $349,611, an operating loss of $(3,007,700), and a net loss of $(2,913,394), or $(0.10) per share (basic and diluted), as compared with net revenues of $5,420,882, an operating loss of $(1,206,509) and a net loss of $(2,143,904), or $(0.10) per share (basic and diluted) for the nine-month period last year.

With the transition to a specialty pharmaceutical company, the Company's business depends exclusively on its drug delivery operations. SCOLR Pharma's drug delivery business generates revenue from CDT®-based sales in the dietary supplement markets, including sales by national retailers such as Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid, Trader Joe's and the General Nutrition Corporation. Sales, general and administrative costs all declined during the nine months of 2004, primarily in connection with the sale of the probiotics operations. The Company's strategy includes a significant commitment to research and development activities in connection with the growth of the drug delivery program. The Company will continue to incur substantial operating losses for the foreseeable future as it develops its technology and expands operations to support commercialization of the CDT platform.

Daniel O. Wilds, President and CEO, stated, "These operating results are in line with expectations and directly attributable to the costs of developing our specialty pharma/drug delivery business. With more than $7 million in working capital, we are actively moving forward on our development candidates.

"As previously announced, we successfully completed our preliminary human trial work for CDT Ibuprofen. Subsequently, we met with the FDA in order to prepare for our IND filing (targeted for late December), which anticipates our first quarter 2005 human trial for 12-hour extended release CDT-based Ibuprofen.

"We would then expect to submit an NDA filing in the summer of 2005 for the first 12-hour formulation of Ibuprofen in the U.S.," said Wilds.

SCOLR Pharma just completed a successful exhibition at the AAPS Convention (American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists) earlier this week where nine poster presentations were made on its patented CDT technology. As part of that exhibition, the Company also presented to the scientific community the positive results of its recently completed animal tests on Raloxifene and Ondansetron using its patented amino acid platform on poorly soluble and insoluble compounds. The amino acid platform test poster presentation received considerable interest. Over the course of the convention the Company met with dozens of representatives from a diverse range of enterprises including emerging companies through several big pharmaceutical corporations.

Comment

Working...
          X