X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to gamble?

4M Technologies Holding
    CH0009115129

This stock is a huge gamble, but there are some good news coming from the management. It could make the portfolio more interesting.
    Check the charts out!

GB
    You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say Hey there's the bad guy! So, what does that make to you. Good guys? Don't kid yourselves. You're no better'n me. You just know how to hide and how to lie. Me, I do not have that problem. I always tell the truth, even when I lie!
    Tony Montana, Scarface

GB,

I am impressed with the CUSIP you gave there..to 99.9% of investors, they dont know what a cusip is.

The symbol on this 4M is FMMTF for those who were wondering.

Or GB is it FTLGF?

Interesting stock, I cant find much on it, so please fill us in on what you know!

Comment

It took a while until I found out what do you mean with "Symbol".
      We don't usually use it in Germany, we just use the ISIN number.
      But I think the symbol is:
      FMZ.ETR

I will write more later, it's early in the morning here and I have to leave the house now!

GB
      You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say Hey there's the bad guy! So, what does that make to you. Good guys? Don't kid yourselves. You're no better'n me. You just know how to hide and how to lie. Me, I do not have that problem. I always tell the truth, even when I lie!
      Tony Montana, Scarface

Comment

[url]http://www.faz.net/imagecache/B920552B-E53C-4C03-9CE0-5B308F00390B}picture.gif[url]
        Found these two charts. Check them out, Wallstreet.
        Last edited by GermanBettor; 04-23-2004, 12:55 AM.
        Tony Montana, Scarface

Comment

GB,

Here is what I found, let me know which one this is?

http://finance.yahoo.com/l?s=4M&t=S&m=

I tend to think it is the top one.. the FMMTF.PK

Oh and btw.. in the US and Canada the way we look up stocks is by the 3-5 letter symbol..so for IBM it is IBM as a symbol etc.

The cusip is what you gave..a numerical sequence representing a security. It is rarely used outside the back office at a financial services company.

If it is the FMMTF then it never trades, both ones are illiquid and would be tough to trade even if someone wanted to..

GL

Comment

Nope, it should be the one that is traded in Frankfurt.
            MMMMN.F

4M is on its way back into business.
            They made 300% more money than in the last year! 4M is still on the negative side, but there are several rumors that they might be able to go back into the black numbers in a pretty short period of time. And if this happens, their stock can rise very, very, very fast! It is a gift now, if you are willing to gamble.
            As a matter of fact, if this company goes down more then it will become a money burner.

But maybe 100 stocks in the portfolio could be worth a shot.
            I wouldn't by a huge number with one order.

Hope I could help a little bit.
            GB
            Tony Montana, Scarface

Comment

GB,

The issue is that a US investor cannot buy a stock on your exchange. Unless I have an acct with a huge firm that does business in your market, I cannot buy that stock as you are giving me that symbol. What happens is companies in the UK or in Germany etc that want US investors to buy their shares will put their stock on a US exchange..say like Vodaphone..they trade primarily in Europe, but have an ADR (depository receipt) in our markets...much like IBM or GE does in YOUR market.

So I cannot buy 4M from my broker on a foreign market, they must have a US trading symbol..that is the top 2 symbols on that previous link..the FMMTF one. It represents the US equivilent of the stock...converted to US dollar pricing too.

Long story short if I want 4M stock, I buy on my exchange what is offered to me..the downside is a lack of volume and liquidity..I would have to take a greater risk since 4M is not US based and originally traded...the bid/ask spread is higher and if I bot and wanted out quick, I would have to take a loss to do it.

I know this is confusing a bit, but I cannot trade on the DAX market in the US..so if I want in a foreign stock I gotta do what is presented to me. Most foreign stocks cannot be traded in the US, just as you couldnt buy a stock like CLN or PKCY.OB etc on your exchange..until all markets are linked (I believe it will happen in less than 10 yrs) it is just a drawback we all face.

Ask questions, I can explain..it makes sense to me, but not to 99% of the general public.

Comment

Oh,

I didn't know that.
                I thought it would be the same way than it is in Germany. I never had a problem buying US stocks, like Boyd Gaming or stocks from small banks. I thought you could do it, too without any problems.

OK, if it's that way, than you will be right that is the first symbol!
                Hey, this stock is a gamble here, too. Nobody cares at the moment about the stock, except for a few people and I think some of them are arb's.
                I have a good article about the stock, but it is in German!
                And I can not translate all the high-finance words that are used there. I tried to describe in my previous posting. If you need some more facts:

In 1999 the stock was worth 254,33 Franken (Swiss money). In autumn 1999 it was up to 697,76! It fall down to 2,59 then!!

On wednesday this week the stock suddenly showed a little bit dynamtic and the stock climbed one percent.
                The reason for this might be that the stock will be send to another SWISS market. From the SWX New Market to the major Swiss market. So, more people will be interested in it.
                And that is exactly the clue. If this stock can be found in the major market and will be traded heavily PLUS the management of 4M is able to reduce their losses and go back to the black numbers this stock can rise very high.
                In the year 2001 4m had -50 Millions.
                Last year they had -13 Millions and this year they have -7 Millions!
                This shows that the management does everything they can to make their company liquid!
                4M makes High-Tech solutions for factories in the CD and DVD industry.

That were all the important facts about the stock.
                It is a huge gamble and few people will have the balls to buy a massive amount of this stock. But I see it that way:
                They have a good management, they are nearly in the black numbers and the DVD industry is rising.

GB
                Tony Montana, Scarface

Comment

Hey Wallstreet....
                  Stock is rising! *laugh*
                  :D :D :D
                  from 6,73 Euro to 6,91 Euro.
                  Tony Montana, Scarface

Comment

GB,

I saw that, and yesterday too. The problem is that the spreads here too wide, so to play this stock right you gotta have a brokerage that can trade that stock on your exchange.

I sold my MAGS for a little profit, they have earnings today or tomorrow and the damn thing made me motion sick!!!

A bunch of pumps and dumps today..mainly IMCL and TASR..

Market might be getting toppy here..

Comment

Working...
                    X