Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I was wondering if there was a way, trick or whatever to try and get a trade that you place overnight to be one of the first to go through in the morning. I know of a stock picker that produces explosive profits, but it moves so fast that I can't get in on time. I always appreciate your guy's help/insight. Thank you!

Here is your answer.

You can trade pre-market for all NASDQ stocks. So that means stocks like CSCO (Cisco) MSFT, INTC etc, you can trade from 8 AM EST until the market opens.

Go with a firm like Ameritrade or ETrade or someone who has extended hours trades for a good price.

If you are talking about pink sheets stocks or BB stocks, nobody gets in the door early with those babies.

If you want, just use limit orders, and please do NOT chase stocks. Miss an entry versus puting in market orders.

I am getting the impression that your pal is a Pinkies trader, am I right?

And for stocks to buy...I have a ton of them..I had an order to buy one of my favorites today..HLIT at 8.45, missed it by 3 cents..stock went up over 9 in the last hour...would have been 250 or 500 bucks on the trade.

Ask me tomorrow and if you want some stocks, I will give a nice list. Tell me your price range too..

One for sure, nibble on NT (Nortel) they are in some accounting issues, but have a good business..same goes for SONS.

Comment

wallstreet: thanks! i will check those out.

Comment

49er..

Tell me about this pal. I dont need tips, but would like to hear what you have and if I could advise at all..

If not, I understand, but what you can tell me would be great..I am curious and I might know of the person too..

Comment

its nothing secret I ued to be a member of this website: pennystockinsider.com that turned out great picks, and I made some money. But they got too popular and sold too many subscriptions so whenever they would put out a stock it would go up tremendously in the first few minutes. Yes, they do stocks on the otcbb. I would appreciate any information. I only am looking to invest about $1100 right now I know it isn't much but you have to start somewhere. I would appreciate any advice as I have been reading your threads and you seem quite experienced and intelligent.

p.s. What were those two stocks that were the satellite radio? I know they have come up in discussion a few times.

Comment

wallstreet... what scares me about nortel is not that it has taken a tumble but has lost on very high volume. What are your thoughts? I know little to nothing about the stock market but would sure like to learn. I always seem to sell my shares too early and take profits too soon! I think i sold nextel (NXTL) last year for around 7 or eight dollars. I just looked at the quote . Oh well can only hope for better in the future.

Comment

S49er..

I know about NXTL, isnt that amazing..from 5 or 6 to 27 or so on the high. That sounds amazing, but how about TASR? There are so many stocks that have 10-20X themselves that I cannot believe it. Even SONS with its trouble was 25 cents over a year ago..and now over 5 bucks.

NT- there will be some heads that roll and I am sure some restatements. The volume is no biggie, they always trade heavy. If I were to get in (and with 1100, I wouldnt get in) but I would leg IN to the stock..give it a few weeks to sort things out..might even take longer.

Satelite-- SIRI and XMSR. Both are valued about the same in market cap..but SIRI is gutted to the hilt..many more shares out there than XMSR. I dont like either one, but SIRI seems to be a nice trade when it gets around 2.75 or so. Who knows, maybe it will be valued at 10 B instead of 3 or what it is now..I dont see how, but that is the kind of numbers you would need to get some movement.

Nothing wrong with the pinkies/BB stocks, you just gotta know what it is and what it isnt. We both know it is high risk speculation, not investing..and that is no big deal. The deal goes bad when people put retirement funds into those..for sh!ts and giggles, Hard 8 money, Pinkies are fun!!!

GL

Comment

Working...
              X