Get ready for a BLACK TUESDAY open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poskid
    I never advocated a strong buy. I said this could be a good time to buy. You need to make your own decision (which you will find is a common theme in many of my posts.)

Risk = reward. If you dont keep your eyes open and your head on a swivel every opportunity could pass you by with your head down complaining about all the missed opportunities of 5 years ago.

PK
    Some stocks are worth buying right now I'm sure, but I prefer to sit and watch a little longer.

What stocks do you currently like?

Comment

That's correct monte, they are shorts to the daily markets, it's easier to buy a stock and just say it's against the averages then short something. They are and have been my stocks for a while and i'll hold them till we see this market have 1% of confidence. And now the pre-markets are down over 600pts people will start to panic

Comment

Originally posted by robby_morini
        Look at GRAN, a small bank in NC. They are in the process of being delisted by NASDAQ beacause they didn't properly reserve enough for loan losses. Long story short, they had a couple of commercial deals that went bad. They did not refile their reporst in time.This is a long time community bank with a strong following. The bank will bring tremendous market share to a large bank wanting access to the western NC market.
        Are you telling me that their going to be a OTC stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Watchtower76
          That's correct monte, they are shorts to the daily markets, it's easier to buy a stock and just say it's against the averages then short something. They are and have been my stocks for a while and i'll hold them till we see this market have 1% of confidence. And now the pre-markets are down over 600pts people will start to panic
          I don't like shorting.

I know you can make some nice money doing it, but you can also lose your ass.

GS was a good short back when it was $220 + and I still think its too high.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
            I don't like shorting.

I know you can make some nice money doing it, but you can also lose your ass.

GS was a good short back when it was $220 + and I still think its too high.
            only company that wasn't exposed in the morgage crisis. Best and only stock i would own. GS is a beast, or WFC at a cheaper discount

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
              Curious to know what stocks you like right now as a buy
              Honestly...none. I'm speaking philosophically. To be honest my understanding of trading stocks is limited. However I do understand markets and free trade. I also have a high knowledge of the housing market as my wife and my father are both real estate agents...I have been waiting for 2 years now waiting for the right time to get into the housing market as an investor (ie. speculating properties, following values, doing research). I deem it will not be much longer till the property values hit as close to bottom as I'm willing to wait.

The biggest problem I have with trading stocks is that I prefer more complete information when I decide to invest my money. But just like any other market it relies upon the trading of goods and services. While consumers are leery about the market demand wont be high so supply will be too high causing the price to fall. Currently the market is still adjusting to the current slowing causing a discrepancy in supply and demand. I personally hope that the market will be allowed to correct naturally instead of the "fixes" that will push it back but make the fall harder.

While these values are falling this MAY be a good time to buy. You MAY see an opportunity that you like to make a buy and turn a profit. But again that is your decision to make.

PK
              No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Watchtower76
                only company that wasn't exposed in the morgage crisis. Best and only stock i would own. GS is a beast, or WFC at a cheaper discount
                I prefer WFC

Watch GS will go down IMO.

Comment

Can You Folks Please Speak English.i Am Just A Sports Gambler This Crap Is Confusing To Me.is This Going To Hurt My 401k Even Worse
                  MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                  HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                  0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
                    Can You Folks Please Speak English.i Am Just A Sports Gambler This Crap Is Confusing To Me.is This Going To Hurt My 401k Even Worse
                    Based on history, short term, yes, long term no.

Just don't open your statements for the next several months.

Comment

Working...
                    X