X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for opinion

any thoughts on SOV???
    Don't be afraid

I'll try to look at this stock this week and give you an opinon.

Others feel free to help out too.

Comment

thanks
      Don't be afraid

Comment

I don't like the PE at all as its too high IMO. Personally looking at any of these bank stocks is a wait and see. I believe several of them will be good long term investments though. It's just a matter of which ones won't fold.

Comment

AP
          Moody's to Review Sovereign Bancorp
          Thursday January 17, 8:13 am ET
          Moody's to Review Sovereign Bancorp for Possible Downgrade As Bank Takes Impairment Charges

NEW YORK (AP) -- Credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service said Wednesday evening it will review Sovereign Bancorp's rating for a possible downgrade.
          Moody's is reviewing Sovereign's senior rating, which is currently an investment-grade "A3."

The review comes after Sovereign said it would take an impairment charge in the fourth quarter to reflect declining value in its consumer and New York metro segments.

Moody's will focus on Sovereign's ability to enhance its capital position, which is below similarly rated competitors. Moody's said it might be difficult for the bank to increase its capital ratios in the near term because of "continued weak profitability."

Sovereign also could face rising delinquencies in its auto, home equity and commercial real estate portfolios in the coming months, Moody's said.

Comment

thanks for your input
            Don't be afraid

Comment

Working...
            X