Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

Some dude that I know told me to check out some company that makes synthetic blood that has the ticker BPUR I think or something of that sorts. Hes tellin me its tradin less than 2 bucks but once it gets FDA approved its gonna blow up.

Anyone here know of such a thing or is this all smoke? I was thinkin of investin a couple K in this and hopin for the best? ANy advice

PEACE

AP
    Biopure Avoids SEC Fine
    Tuesday September 12, 4:58 pm ET
    By Siobhan Hughes, Dow Jones Newswires
    Biopure Avoids SEC Fine for Touting Blood Product Under FDA Cloud

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Biopure Corp. won't have to pay penalties to settle allegations it touted the prospects for a synthetic blood product without disclosing that drug regulators had concerns about the product's safety, the Securities and Exchange Commission said Tuesday.

The SEC had originally sought to impose civil penalties when it sued Biopure last year. The SEC said that a judge has approved a settlement under which Biopure, of Cambridge, Mass., must hire an independent consultant to review disclosure and other policies. Biopure also is banned from future fraud violations.

"This settlement removes a cloud over the company," said Biopure Chairman and Chief Executive Zafiris G. Zafirelis. "I am pleased to put this issue behind us as we focus on the development of our oxygen therapeutics."

Biopure's general counsel, Jane Kober, must pay a $40,000 civil penalty under a separate settlement with the SEC. Kober's attorney couldn't be located.

The SEC had accused Biopure of failing to disclose that it had been barred by the Food and Drug Administration from conducting clinical trials of the blood product Hemopure on trauma victims. From April through December 2003, the SEC said, Biopure concealed the FDA temporary ban, while seeking to raise money by touting the potential use of Hemopure by trauma patients.

Biopure also issued a press release that sent its stock up 22 percent in August 2003 on the false impression it had received good news from the FDA, the SEC had alleged.

On the Nasdaq Stock Market Tuesday, Biopure's shares closed at 98 cents, unchanged.

Comment

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=BPUR&...07:00:00-04:00

Comment

I used to own this stock but they ran into contamination problems and the stocked tanked.

Comment

Originally posted by moondog22
          I used to own this stock but they ran into contamination problems and the stocked tanked.
          will they ever rebound or is it horse shit? this guy who I was talkin too said somethin like if they get approved like 100 a share..that got my attention.

PEACE

Comment

98 cents a share aint shit......a grand could make it big if this stuff has a chance of gaining approval.....whatcha think?

I know its a gamble but thats the point.....I aint tryin for 10% gains here......Im lookin for 5000% type gains

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
              98 cents a share aint shit......a grand could make it big if this stuff has a chance of gaining approval.....whatcha think?

I know its a gamble but thats the point.....I aint tryin for 10% gains here......Im lookin for 5000% type gains

PEACE
              buy a lottery ticket instead, worse case scenerio you helped your states school system with 50% of your losses...

Comment

Working...
              X