No announcement yet.

Team total that's not close in the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no faith in Jim Haslett whatsoever, and I would not wager my money on that team until they got a new coach. Having said that, I will maintain that they are a very TALENTED team. As we all know, football games are won in the trenches, and the Saints have some very good players up front on both sides of the ball. They also added Mayberry and drafted Jamaal Brown to make their OL even better.

I see the Saints as one of the most unpredictable teams in the NFL. However, I am guessing that their win total will most likely land right around 8.
    Posted Plays

2006 NFL Record: 10-8-1 (+11.21 units)
    5*: 1-0

2006 NCAA Football Record: 25-20 (+10.74 units)
    5*: 0-2

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger
      3) True, the Saints had a horrible defense last year, but they made HUGE strides in free agencies on the defensive side of the ball. That's where you want to get your defense, NOT THE DRAFT... you want guys that have proven themselves in this league. (Rookies = Laughing)

~~ Tigger

Key offseason acquisitions

DB Jimmy Williams

DEFENSIVE STATS

Year Team G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
      2001 San Francisco 49ers 10 6 5.0 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
      2002 San Francisco 49ers 13 12 10.0 2 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
      2003 San Francisco 49ers 15 22 21.0 1 0 1 6 6.0 6 0 0
      2004 San Francisco 49ers 12 47 38.0 9 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 5
      TOTAL 50 87 74.0 13 1 1 6 6.0 6 0 5

Impressive...1 interception in 4 years. Who's next?

DB Dwight Smith

2001 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 15 26 21.0 5 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 3
      2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 41 38.0 3 0 4 39 9.8 35 0 4
      2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 73 61.0 12 0 5 3 0.6 3 0 5
      2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 83 72.0 11 0 3 13 4.3 13 0 10
      TOTAL 63 223 192.0 31 0 12 55 4.6 35 0 22

Much better....that might be the ONLY pick up worth anything this year for the Saints.

LB Levar Fisher

2005 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
      Grade: 65 | Key
      Alert: None

Comment:
      Fisher is an excellent athlete and he has some definite measurables that will enable him to compete for a starting role at the linebacker position. He has excellent speed and foot quickness and he shows great change of direction skills. He does not club up with his arms on tackles and he has too many misses. He has had serious durability problems and is one of those players who will have trouble keeping his weight and will wear down during a season. He should be a great contributor on special teams with his athletic ability but nagging injuries have kept him off the field.

Wow....your right...my bad. HUGE strides on defense via free agency.

Next time..make sure you proof read before you post...I hate making you look bad time after time.

Comment

Originally posted by STaylor36
        I have no faith in Jim Haslett whatsoever, and I would not wager my money on that team until they got a new coach. Having said that, I will maintain that they are a very TALENTED team. As we all know, football games are won in the trenches, and the Saints have some very good players up front on both sides of the ball. They also added Mayberry and drafted Jamaal Brown to make their OL even better.

I see the Saints as one of the most unpredictable teams in the NFL. However, I am guessing that their win total will most likely land right around 8.
        I agree with that analysis. They made more strides on offense then defense, but with the defense as their weakest link...you proabably are right...8 wins at the most.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
          I agree with that analysis. They made more strides on offense then defense, but with the defense as their weakest link...you proabably are right...8 wins at the most.

They are a classic underachiever. But when they turn it on they can play well. On the last Sunday of the season they won at Carolina who at the time was red hot and very much in the hunt for a wildcard spot.

It's like I think that the Saints Under is a terrible pick. I am just saying that I think the total of 8 is more accurate than you are saying it is. Doesn't it seem like the Saints go 8-8 every year? They do have a real tough schedule though so 6-10 is a possibility.

My favorite season total Under is 49ers Under 4.5. The Niners went 2-14 last year, winning both games over the Arizona Cardinals (who have improved) and both games went to overtime. They didn't win even ONE game in regulation in 2004. They could have easily gone 0-16. And now add a rookie head coach AND a rookie QB to the mix?? Talk about a mess. I don't see how they will win 5 games, even in that crappy divison.

I also like Dallas Under 8.5. The Cowboys went 6-10 last year but out of those 10 losses, 7 were by 14 or more points. In almost HALF their game they lost by two touchdowns or more. That's pretty bad. I won't bet this however because this could just be my hatred of the Boys talking.

Good luck to you!
          Posted Plays

2006 NFL Record: 10-8-1 (+11.21 units)
          5*: 1-0

2006 NCAA Football Record: 25-20 (+10.74 units)
          5*: 0-2

Comment

saints go 9-7 and make playoffs

Comment

I also personally don't think anyone can say EASY under on the saints, they are a 8-8 team and really everyone in camp is happy. All you need is Brooks to be OK and they could be easily 9-7, but he usually sucks BUT i do LOVE your Under 4.5 Staylor on SF.......

My 4 locks for the season are

MN over 9.5
              Baltimore over 10
              Green Bay Under 8
              San Fran Under 4.5

Comment

WOW Tat2 that was a marvelous job on selective player additions you just did for everyone there.....

But you did miss out on a few off season pickups they've made recently....
                1) SS from TB Dwight Smith who in the last 3 years averages 4 INTs/year & approximately 68 tackles.... GOOD PICKUP

2) CB from GB Mike McKenzie averages about 3 to 4 INTs a season & 55 tackles... he was picked up last year with 10 games to go in the season, he had 5 INTs. GREAT PICKUP

3) MLB from ARI Ronald McKinnon, solid PICKUP

Yeah, yeah... but if anyone goes down the Saints are in trouble! I hate to break the New Flash to some of you, but that's the case with about 90% of the teams in the NFL this day in age. Bottom line.... I believe the Saints will finish the season about 9-7 this year.

~~~ Tigger

Comment

Tat2......

Now how about the offer that I made you on the "extension" of the bet? You up for it, or no?

Don't worry about taking money from me buddy, that's why we're keeping it "friend" with $50. Let's have some fun with this as well. Good Luck to you and your Bears, you're gonna need it.

~~~ Tigger

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger
                    WOW Tat2 that was a marvelous job on selective player additions you just did for everyone there.....

But you did miss out on a few off season pickups they've made recently....
                    1) SS from TB Dwight Smith who in the last 3 years averages 4 INTs/year & approximately 68 tackles.... GOOD PICKUP

2) CB from GB Mike McKenzie averages about 3 to 4 INTs a season & 55 tackles... he was picked up last year with 10 games to go in the season, he had 5 INTs. GREAT PICKUP

3) MLB from ARI Ronald McKinnon, solid PICKUP

Yeah, yeah... but if anyone goes down the Saints are in trouble! I hate to break the New Flash to some of you, but that's the case with about 90% of the teams in the NFL this day in age. Bottom line.... I believe the Saints will finish the season about 9-7 this year.

~~~ Tigger
                    OK Tigger...if we're going to keep this competitive yoru going to have to work with me here OK?

I will give you this...I missed Mike McKenzie. That is a solid pickup. Looks like he'll start right away. But if you read my post...I mean actually read it...you would have seen that I had Dwight Smith already up there.

Ronald McKinnon....um if he's a solid pickup, what's he doing 3rd on the depth chart of the worst defense in the league?

Comment

First of all, they just threw McKinnon in there on the depth charts, once he learns the Defense, he'll be moved right up. There are rumors of the Defense switching to a 3-4 for the season. Who knows....

Well buddy..... your hero Rex Grossman is out for a great part of the season, if not the whole season.

Maybe I should give you an opportunity to hedge your bet with a side bet.... who is the next "key" player on the Bears team to go down in an EXHIBITION GAME??? Or better yet.... are you ready to say here and now that the Saints are truely your favorite team and you're just jealous that you don't live closer to them, so you can share in the spirit? LMAO

~~~ Tigger

Comment

This is PRICELESS!!!!

Tell you what, after you send me the check... when my Saints come marching in this year..... I'll buy you a Saints hat and mail it back to you, then you have to take a picture with it and post it on BC for all to see your new chrome-dome cover!

Do we have a deal?

~~~ Tigger

PS. You're gonna have to buy your own Aaron Brooks jersey, LOL

Comment

I"ll say this...I may lose $50 on a side bet, but if everyone cashes in on this no brainer team total under...I'll be more then pleased.

Our bet is chump change compared to what I put on the team total.

Glad to see that re-vamped defense play so well against Seattle Friday.

Comment

Me too!

The first squad held the Seahawks to 58 yards, and got a 7 yrd sack which totals 51 yards for Seattle first team for the 1st Quarter, not bad at all. The only reason they scored any points was they got the ball on the Saints 20 yrd line after a Deuce fumble. Not bad at all, I agree with you. Good things to come.

~~~ Tigger
                            Last edited by Tigger; 08-14-2005, 11:49 PM.

Comment

i think you're right here Rook!

Comment

bump for tigger

Comment

Working...
                                X