Mondays' Top Selections !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondays' Top Selections !!

Visit www.WhizSports.com and receive these fully analized free picks straight to your inbox!!

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR SPRING PROMOTIONS, BUY 2 DAYS OF MY PREMIUM PICKS AND RECEIVE 4 DAYS !!

CONTACT THE WHIZ TO RECEIVE ANY AND ALL PROMOTIONS OFFERED!!

NCAA Basketball
    4 Units on Kansas -5 -110
    Syracuse (29-5) is seeking its first national title and can erase the memory of its 1987 title game loss to Indiana when Keith Smart's jumper in the closing seconds gave the Hoosiers a 74-73 victory. The Orangemen also lost to Kentucky in the championship in 1996. Freshman sensation Carmelo Anthony will be the reason, if Boeheim is to earn his title. Anthony has been nothing short of spectacular this season and poured in a season-high 33 points in a vintage performance in Saturday's 95-84 semifinal victory over Texas. "I wanted to experience something like this," Anthony said. "It would be big for him, but it would be even bigger for me. This is my first year and to won a national championship in my first year would be big." Anthony is poised to join Louisville's Pervis Ellison in 1986 and Utah's Arnie Ferrin in 1944 as freshmen to be named the tournament's Most Outstanding Player. The Orangemen feature a pair of freshmen and two sophomores in their starting lineup. The youth has not been a hindrance since sophomore Hakim Warrick averages 15.1 points and freshman Gerry McNamara chips in 13.2. Kansas (30-7) is seeking its third national title and first since 1988. The Jayhawks put on a fast-break clinic in a 94-61 rout of Marquette in their semifinal on Saturday.

MLB Baseball
    4 Units on San Francisco Giants -1½ -125 (Perez - L, Schmidt - R)
    The Giants opened the season with six straight road wins, including a 5-0 victory over Milwaukee on Sunday. San Francisco also started out 6-0 last season, and went on to win the National League pennant. ``We got off to a good start,'' new Giants manager Felipe Alou said. ``We're playing good baseball and hitting a lot of home runs that I didn't expect to hit this early. We've gotten good pitching, a pretty good bullpen. Hey, let's hope it stays that way.'' The opener at Pac Bell will feature the unveiling of the NL championship banner in a ceremony prior to the game. Giants slugger Barry Bonds will also be honored during the pregame festivities, receiving his fifth NL MVP award. ``I can't wait for it,'' Alou said. ``It's too bad we're going probably to be a little bit tired because of this trip. I'm looking forward to opening day. I was there many, many times for opening day as a player in two different stadiums. I was at opening day at Seals Stadium and opening day at Candlestick Park and finally I'm going to be there opening day at Pac Bell as a manager. It's a privilege.'' The Giants are playing their first official game at Pac Bell since they took a 3-2 lead in the World Series last October with a 16-4 win over Anaheim. The Giants lost the decisive seventh game after blowing a 5-0 lead in Game 6. The Padres, meanwhile, are coming off a 4-3, 13-inning loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday. San Diego was trying to sweep a four-game series after getting swept by San Francisco to open the season. The Padres lost on Sunday despite pitching well. The Dodgers did not hit the ball out of the infield during their game-winning rally in the 13th, using a bunt, a walk and two infield singles to plate the decisive run.

3 Units on Pittsburgh Pirates -1½ +110 (Rusch - L, Wells - R)
    The red-hot Pirates are set to make their PNC Park debut when they open a three-game series against the Milwaukee Brewers. For the second straight season, the Pirates are sizzling at the start of the season, winning five of their first six games, including Sunday's 2-0 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies. ``We're playing sound, fundamental baseball,'' manager Lloyd McClendon said. ``We're running the bases well, catching the ball, throwing to the right bases. We're able to add on (runs) when we do get a lead. Those are things that win ballgames.'' Pittsburgh has been in this position before. The Pirates went 5-1 to open last season en route to a 12-5 mark on April 21 and 2 1/2 -game lead in the NL Central. However, that was the high point of the season. Pittsburgh then lost 84 of its final 144 to finish 72-89, the Bucs' 10th consecutive losing season. General manager Dave Littlefield doesn't see a repeat of that futility ``We're a better team than we were last season,'' he said. Despite their struggles last season, the Pirates feasted on the Brewers, winning 15 of 19 meetings.
    WHIZSPORTS.com is America's Solid Sports Handicapping Service! At Whiz Sports we provide something that few other sports services can---CONSISTENCY. This consistency comes from years of experience and hours spent studying the numbers. Using this method and our contacts in the sporting world, we deliver a solid product that has consistently won in the past. You will always receive a detailed analysis of the game at hand. All this, delivered directly to your email!!
Working...
X