Hey looked who showed up to play!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey looked who showed up to play!

Thanks Cubbies...preciate you showing up for a change this week!

4-0 good guys.

wait...your a service now??

Comment

Now? Have been all the time. Why?

Comment

Rook, I was going to shoot you when i saw this after the second inning ... 4 runs for the WS are nothing ... Maddux did a great job after he settles down ... I had tickets but I gave them away ... No way i am going to sit in 97degree heat ...

Comment

LOL.... you see why I didn't say anything after that. If I could have deleted the post I would have. I hate to Mush myself.

I heard some of the south side is without power.....that's gotta suck big time.

Maddux did exactly what we needed him to do. Now tomorrow is do-able with a rested bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
            LOL.... you see why I didn't say anything after that. If I could have deleted the post I would have. I hate to Mush myself.

I heard some of the south side is without power.....that's gotta suck big time.

Maddux did exactly what we needed him to do. Now tomorrow is do-able with a rested bullpen.
            Bullpen?? What bullpen?? Do you know something i don't??? hahaha Really is not funny though

Comment

LOL...no your right...it's not.

They've had a bad week...but overall....a 4.00 ERA isn't the death of the cubs..but it's not helping any either.

Comment

CHICAGO (AP) -- Chicago Cubs pitcher Kerry Wood, who is on the disabled list with a strained right shoulder, probably will start Wednesday's game against Milwaukee, manager Dusty Baker said.

With the return of Wood and Mark Prior, who is scheduled to start Sunday against the White Sox, the Cubs' rotation will be at full strength.

``I look at it as we acquired two quality guys, similar to a trade,'' Baker said. ``We've done what we could with who we could. We've sort of treaded water.''

Wood (1-1, 6.15 ERA) has been on the disabled list since May 3. Prior (4-1, 2.93 ERA) went on the DL with a fracture in his right elbow May 28.

``If they get back to how we know them in a short period of time, that solves a lot of problems,'' Baker said.

The Cubs sent right-hander Todd Wellemeyer to Triple-A Iowa and recalled righty Roberto Novoa before Saturday's game. This will be the third stint this season with the Cubs for Novoa, who is 1-1 with a 4.50 ERA in eight relief appearances. Wellemeyer, who allowed five runs 2 1-3 innings of relief Friday, was 2-1 with a 4.74 ERA in two stints with the Cubs.

Updated on Saturday, Jun 25, 2005 5:34 pm EDT

Comment

Thanks Rook .. They should have dumped Wood when they could have gotten something for him ... he is worth shyt now .. he will be back on the DL in no time ...

Comment

Damn I hate to agree with that...but I do.

Comment

Working...
                    X