No announcement yet.

MLB Play For Monday! Write-up Included!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Play For Monday! Write-up Included!

Slade Henning
    Southcoast Sports
    http://www.southcoastsports.net

Take:

912 Chicago(AL) -1 1/2 +120(RL)
    2-Units (7:05 P.M. CST)
    (Estes vs Contreras)

Arizona is 1-5 last 6 on the road.
    Arizona is 4-8 in Estes starts.
    Arizona is 1-4 last 5 as underdogs.

Chicago is 6-2 last 8 at home.
    Chicago is 6-6 in Contreras starts.
    Chicago is 7-2 last 9 as favorites.

Diamonbacks Pick to Click:
    Shawn Green
    2 for 3 with .667 BA against Contreras.

Diamondbacks Likely for a Letdown:
    Jose Cruz Jr.
    0 for 5 with .000 BA against Contreras.

White Sox Pick to Click:
    Carl Everett
    2 for 5 with .400 BA against Estes.

White Sox Likely for a Letdown:
    Scott Podsednik
    3 for 14 with .214 BA against Estes.

Todays card offers a few interesting matchups. Several potentially big scoring teams coming off of the road and playing at home. Both Texas and Boston could easily have huge nights. It has been my experience that the obvious doesn't happen, especially when I bet it. So I will be passing on both.

I will be taking the Chicago White Sox today on the Run Line -1 1/2 +120. They have won the majority of their games with good pitching, while just managing to score enough runs to get by. After digging a little deeper I found that Chicago was 12-6 on the year vs Lefties while maintaining a .287 Batting average.
    Chicago's Contreras has had control problems in the past, but seems to have settled into a nice little groove his last 3 times out. He could still go wild , but Chicago has a more than adequate bullpen to takeover should he loose site of the strike zone.

Arizona is not playing good baseball. They have lost nine of twelve, including two of three to the Kansas City Royals. They gave up a total of 28 runs in the three game series. Not only has their starting pitching let them down, but their bullpen has been a disaster. This will not bode well for Arizona in this series with Chicago.

Chicago has hit Estes very well in the past, while Contreras has managed to do a fine job against the Diamondbacks. Chicago should put up enough to cover the runline in this spot.

Take:

912 Chicago(AL) -1 1/2 +120(RL)
    2-Units (7:05 P.M. CST)
    (Estes vs Contreras)

Slade Henning
    Southcoast Sports
    http://www.southcoastsports.net
Working...
X