Advantage Sports NCAA Saturday Plays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantage Sports NCAA Saturday Plays!

Okay, I have returned to the business of football after some other issues that needed addressing. Off of last night’s 4* winner on UNDER in UVA/Clemson, let's update the current record, all verifiable on this fine website.

NCAA 16-8/+21.95 Units
    NFL 8-5/+11.8 Units
    NFLX 21-13-1/+16.7 Units
    Total to date/+50.45 Units

Saturday’s Plays:

4.5* (5* is my highest rating) Oklahoma -7
    4* Texas Tech UNDER 54.5
    4* Hawaii -18
    3* Ole Miss/USC UNDER 39
    3* Georgia -12.5

If it wasn’t for the “Red River Rivalry” angle on this game, the Sooners would be favored by 10+. This has been a “no-contest” event for the last few years and I expect that to continue in a big way. The one potential weakness in the OU team may be the passing defense, which Texas can’t exploit. Expect 8 in the box to shut down Cedric Benson and force the Longhorns to throw. I actually hope that Young stays healthy at QB for UT as Chance Mock is the only QB that I worry about. Better balance offensively for OU will allow White to throw and the running game to flourish. NO WAY Texas stops both. Stoops is FAR superior to Mack Brown and always has a scheme to shut down the Longhorns. If OU jumps to a reasonable lead and takes away the running game for UT early, LIGHTS OUT.

Texas Tech actually has something that resembles a defense this year and even if their “A” game does not show up, Nebraska can’t do anything about it. This ‘Husker team is loaded with players that were recruited for the option game that NU has played since time began. Even with Callahan’s open offense, he does not possess the horses. In time, with a few classes of his own recruits that fit the scheme, sure… but that’s not now. Nebraska will be hard pressed to put up 17 and even with a decent defensive performance, NU will probably allow TT at least 27. That still falls well below this number and will likely finish closer to 41.

Hawaii came out ugly against a D1-AA team to start the season but has regained it’s dominant home field once more. Nevada is as bad as any team in the NCAA and match up terribly against June Jones’ Run n’ Gun offense. A blowout in Oahu, UH cruises by 30.

In Columbia, SC we have two teams that may not reach 24 combined. Ole Miss has ZERO offensive credibility and the Gamecocks’ D is once again solid. With Pinkins out at QB for South Carolina, Holtz will control the clock on the ground and play it close to the vest, allowing the D to control the game and burn clock. Not only does this game not reach 39, it may not reach 29.

I know that Tennessee is not as bad as they looked against Auburn last week. Auburn may prove to be the class of the SEC this year. However, starting freshmen QB’s on the road against the Dawg defense is disaster waiting to happen. With some starters returning defensively for UGA and an Vols offense that hasn’t proven itself against anyone except UNLV, I will lay the price and count on some timely turnovers from the UT rookie class to push the number to a convincing 21 point win “between the hedges”…

An opinion on one game:

As a Tulane grad, we have known success and failure as a football program. This is not a sterling year for The Green Wave, but EAST CAROLINA as a favorite????????? NO WAY… take the small number, we win this straight up…
    (small wager, not a rated selection)

Good Luck in whatever you choose to play… back tomorrow night/Sunday morning with NFL.
    Mychal
    www.AdvantagePlays.com
    Football Only Handicappers since 1991
    (877)NFL-NCAA (Toll Free)
Working...
X