Buyers Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyers Beware

This is a good article I came accros today. You can draw your own conclusions

The handicapping service business has always been a seedy one. The ‘scamdicappers’ out there have always made outrageous, unsubstantiated claims. However, even some of the more reputable services are using less honest documentation with more hype and exaggeration.
    Amazingly, sports handicapping services get away with this nonsense month after month. A disturbing trend is developing where over 95 percent of all sports services simply refuse to provide any long-term documentation of their sports betting record. Instead, you receive the old stand-bye ‘Mr. Winner is 9-3 on his last 12 plays’. Never mind that ‘Mr. Winner’ is releasing plays on minus $2.50 baseball favorites.

With this background, the good handicappers out there are often reluctant to publicly disclose a long-term record of 55 percent against the spread. Though this long-term record would easily put them in the top five percent of all services, the viewing public does not understand this.

Instead, the handicappers will focus on a season where they picked well over 55 percent ATS because they know that is the only way they will attract new subscribers.

The only way the industry will ever improve is for the consumer to demand more long-term documentation of handicapping competence. Every handicapper is bound to have a good stretch he can tout during the long season. If a handicapper is unable or unwilling to provide some accurate documentation of his record for recent seasons, just say ‘no’ on a subscription to his services.

Does this mean one should ignore all sports services completely? I would say that would not be fair. There are some good services that, if used correctly, will put money in your pocket. Not surprisingly, a disproportionate number of the good services can and do provide their record to potential subscribers.

Sadly, with hundreds of services out there, I can count on my fingers the number of services that actively show their accurate year-to-date record. And even more sadly, I can count on one hand the number of professional handicappers that I’ve ever personally seen make a bet in Nevada’s sports books.

Maybe they were all betting the Pistons plus eight on-line instead of scooping up a select plus 8 1/2 out there in Las Vegas. Or just maybe they are all too busy working on how best to show their ‘documented’ records in order to make money off the unsuspecting public.

Fezzik is a professional gambler who can be reached at XXXXXXXXXX
    Here at Buzz Sports Picks Service we aim to delight our clients and readers with consistent winning Premium and Free selections
Working...
X