Nhl Finals Gone Up In ..... Flames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nhl Finals Gone Up In ..... Flames?

Why is it that everyone is talking about Ville Nieminens return to the lineup for Game 6 like it's such a sure thing, like his name is carved in stone on his locker or something? Nieminen needs to look a little closer at his stall, notice how the nametag with his name on it peels off just as his latest victims helmet did when Nieminen delivered the jarring hit that cost him a one game suspension.

Keep in mind that not only is this the second time these playoffs in which Nieminen crossed the line (Cujo was his other victim) so far that the NHL had to step in like a father figure, but what really hurt this time is that his 5 minute major cost the Flames ANY chance at coming back against the Bolts. Think about it, instead of going into Game 5 Thursday all knotted up in this series, the Flames COULD have been one win away from the Stanley Cup .... instead their on the brink of being down 3-2 in this series.

What would Flames head coach Darryl Sutter want Nieminen back for, to cost his team in another dire situation, one that could not be recovered from? If the Flames are down 1-0 in a doe-or-die situation and this guy pulls his antics in the dying minutes, then what? Does Sutter want to risk these final few games of their season - their championship year - what they have ALL played for, does he really want to put it all on the line with this guy?

I'm the first guy that would tell you that Nieminen plays with heart and soul, Nieminen is the guy that is always smiling even when getting hammed in front of the net or on the boards, Nieminen is always riling up opponents and that's a valuable spot in the lineup ... but at what cost? I like Nieminen and I like him even more when he plays smart, the problem is .... that's becoming less often.

Everyone on the Flames team, including Nieminen, is talking like his return to the lineup for the next game is a done deal. I hope for the Flames sake that they seriously think about whether that's really a good idea, about whether his recent actions might resurface for yet a third time, you're not talking about one game suspension, you'll be talking about your season - gone up in flames.

Free plays, premium plays and more information of interest at www.winsrus.com

Also visit my service at http://www.procappers.com/handicapper.php?CapperID=6072
    - Russel Joseph
Working...
X