Jimmy Spats ruffling feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Spats ruffling feathers

Rumor has it that Jimmy Spats and his righthand man are ruffling feathers after just four months on several capping sites, including Don Best.

Spats had his First Half Game of the Year this past Saturday on the Dodgers 10-0 over Arizona (that is what I saw the result to be on ProCappers), and also had his Western Conference Finals Game and Total of the Year with Minnesota and Over.

Not bad at 3-0.

But the veteran cappers on the sites he is on have been whining because Spats is charging large amounts for his Guaranteed (Pay-After-Win) plays. There is no way for any of us to know if he is getting anyone to buy these prices, but since he started in March with several of these companies, he's continued to charge $100 on a regular basis for his top play.

Apparently the $200 price tag this past weekend was too much for his rivals to endure, and they've been buzzing the industry ever since.

But why? You'd think they'd be under the assumption the overcharge of these plays would help them get buys on their lower-priced games. Could it be that they're jealous he is getting the customers they've been charging $30 and $40.

It seems to me that if a customer puts himself in a position to be charged $200 if a handicapper wins, then it's a foregone conclusion that this guy is making the buck for players.

A while back on this site I mentioned that a bit of research found Spats at the top of the leaderboard at ProCappers.com and at Vegas Insider. Since then his units are up to +$2446 - and since I am betting a nickel per game, I look at it like I could be up $12K with this guy off his baseball plays alone.

Guys like Big Al stake claims everyday, but where is the documentation? And, to me, it is quite obvious that Spats is confident enough in his reputation to charge that much - and then produce! If these other guys were confident in their plays, then maybe they'd be firing the same way.

All this crap with the challenge and the receipts and the deposit slips ... here we have legit sites offering handicappers' guaranteed plays that have to win - or they get nothing. Now that is proof in the pudding and that is handicapping for the players! Regardless of who it is ...

Spats is legit and so was his pick on the Dodgers but that "pay after you win" policy is not as great as they make it seem. For instance, suppose you do a guaranteed pick for $50. A dime player like you lays $1100. If you lose the pick, YOU lose $1100. Big fuckin deal that you don;t have to pay the $50, it's the $1100 that's the problem!

"Pay after you win" or "guaranteed picks" are a no-lose proposition---for the handicapper, not the person buying the picks. Good handicappers should just charge a reasonable rate.

GL tonight
    "Your first shot puts him down, then you put one in his brain. Then he's dead, then we go home."

Comment

THis guy is a crook. A few weeks back he said his weekly service was sold out. Isn't that impossible, how can it sell out? He wanted to fool people into thinking his service was so great due to the sellout , that you would buy a more expensive package. Trust me his record is probably bogus too. I could never trust a tout who claims to be sold out. You can sell out of bananas or or an x-box, but not information. dont trust this guy, he is a class a bullshit artist.
      Lord Knows I'm A Voodoo Child

My record Click Here

Comment

Blackbeard,

I remember you posting that and I thought it was odd. Are you sure you understood that correctly?

I can only vouch for what I know and have heard from people I trust, and that he's ok.

GL tonight
        "Your first shot puts him down, then you put one in his brain. Then he's dead, then we go home."

Comment

Originally posted by 4realyo
          Blackbeard,

I remember you posting that and I thought it was odd. Are you sure you understood that correctly?

I can only vouch for what I know and have heard from people I trust, and that he's ok.

GL tonight
          Yeah, I'm positive, he even went so far as to put a red line through the weekly package on his page at freeplay s . com. Of course he took that off now, because it was so outrageous, I'm sure he got some flak about that.

My record Click Here

Comment

The only way to profit on pay after you win plays or any other pay pick for that matter is to split the cost with other people, this way you dont have to bet as much to make up for the price of the pick

My record Click Here

Comment

Not a crook, I can say ...

I have been reading this site for quite some time and basically get a kick out of everyone that is on here, and most recently have been thoroughly entertained by the whole Ty Gaston/East Coast tussle. GREAT STUFF

Read the thread on Jimmy Spats today and can say he is no crook! When I read that, I threw down the force field and went ahead and registered for bettorschat to clear one thing up, because I was curious about the SOLD OUT issue as well.

When I read that on Freeplays.com, I wondered the exact same thing - HOW COULD SOMEONE POSSIBLY SELL OUT OF PACKAGES???????? Upon inquiring, I found out that the original pitch was for the first 100 people who would come aboard, mainly because the server could handle only so many members if - hypothetically - they all came logged in at once.

The response was so overwhelming, because at the time he was on an incredible roll, that they were worried there was way too many members jumping on board. Since then, a different software has been supporting the entire Freeplays group, and there has in fact been members signing, re-signing and basically, just going away.

The Sold Out issue was a topic of conversation, but it was cleared up quickly once everything internally was taken care of. Freeplays offers decent stuff there from a handful of cappers - including Spats.

As for his records, I know for a fact they are true, and he even explains on that particular site how these records are not bogus. This is not the only site he is followed, either, as they document his plays on ProCappers and Vegas Insider as well.

I know he still owns one of those shoddy businesses where they call your house - but doesn't everyone? I don't think I've ever seen him on the Internet until this past College Basketball Season, and from what I've read, heard, bought and overall observed - he is worth a look. His analysis is thought out and though at times it is limited and come in the form of one-liners, he is consistent in what he does.

Comment

Whatever the case may be, its his own fault for not explaining himself on the web page, and just blindly posting

My record Click Here

Comment

Working...
                X