Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC. It is sad to say

but this place is out of control.

Anything that can be done to bring some order to the sports service thread? Can you shut the area down and pre approve a service before they can post? How about pre approve and charge a fee monthly to services to post. Also require proof of a legitimate monitor to back up any claim. Just some ideas as I have been reading all this garbage the last couple weeks.

Buzz
    Here at Buzz Sports Picks Service we aim to delight our clients and readers with consistent winning Premium and Free selections

Buzz you are so right

I have noticed some good services on this site,CONSENSUS USA being one of them. I gave them a complement for showing their record on an on going post.
    My point is the scum has to be chased off before they take advantage of the rookies starting out.
    I will be the first to admit I was taken by a service with the same tactics that are posted here. If I can save one person from being sucked in, I feel I have accomplished something.
    In my opinion, East Coast is a scam and I will do what I have to, too show people that he is a scam...
    Best Of Luck To You

Comment

Buzz' idea sounds good... It seems like a lot of "services" are really just out to skim money out of people.
      It's not fun anylonger, it was in the beginning, but now it is really on the edge to anarchy!

By the way, Wiz:
      *grin* I agree with you about East Coast...this whole thing is phony, it smells 'til Germany!

You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say Hey there's the bad guy! So, what does that make to you. Good guys? Don't kid yourselves. You're no better'n me. You just know how to hide and how to lie. Me, I do not have that problem. I always tell the truth, even when I lie!
      Tony Montana, Scarface

Comment

East Coast

This service is a joke I have used them amd they LOST me money and sensistive as they say they are, they continue to use foul language. They play the same games as another service who is on the opposite side so many times. Could they be the same service I don't have the time to worry about this but I can tell you no money was exchanged between TY and EC and this is a FACT. These services should look at going in to another business like garbage disposal because that is what they give!!

Comment

Starting soon all services will be required to link back to this site on their homepage in order to post. This site gets the most views for sports services that sell plays.

I'm also getting tired of all this bitching that this contest brought on. Had I been able to think this over again everything would have been presented to me first instead of me taking a back seat. Meaning I did not even gett involved nor know if this was real or not.

Comment

BC

JCDSPORTS is not scared. Make all services be monitored and link back to your sie. WE PAY Trackpicks and Gurutracker to watch us FOR THE PUBLIC.
            We, nor they, have any allegiance to anyone except the public. We pay monitors to watch us FOR YOU.
            This crap that goes on the forum is getting out of control. JCDSPORTS will do whatever you deem necessary to get everyone to chill out. Pleas email us has we would like to discuss a few things with you.
            Thanks
            Dave
            JCDSPORTS
            JCDSPORTS

Comment

Couldn't agree more. This challenge, fake or not, really brought out a lot of animosity but did show some true colors at the same time.

Making services link back to their site is a great idea, as it will get all of the 'hotmail' fly by night wannabes out the door.

Think about having services show they are documented by a legitimate third party monitor as well. There are a ton out there and ALL are legit despite what some people think. I've heard services don't use them because they think they are shady and get paid to boost records. When I say they are all LEGIT, I mean they are there to document YOUR record, don't worry about how everybody else is doing. As long as they are recording your plays correctly, that is all that matters. This excuse though takes the cake: "We are not monitored officially by anyone due to the fact that we have not found a place we like". Whatever.
              Matt Fargo Sports
              Check our website or the promotion forum for current specials

Comment

All I can say is that if you don't believe the integrity of the contest such as the one we just had between ECoast and Ty Gaston, then simply look at the results and forget the money, i.e. whether $1000000 was or was not involved.
                This was a contest/challenge about seeing who could do better over 10 days.
                Even though I don't view the results as indicative of how either service would do over a longer period of time because of the few number of games selected, it is better than nothing.
                Sure the $1000000 whether it is real or not was meant to give the contest some authenticity and show that the participants were really trying to win;for that reason whether it was real money or fake money I will regard the results as indicative that each participant put out their best olay during the 10 days.
                As stated yesterday I don't think that most of the people who read all the posts and checked the daily picks of ther participants would be more or less tempted to buy the picks whether there was $100000 or no money involved;even if East Coast or Ty went 10-0, I wonder how many folks would line up to buy the picks;Like is the case with everyone else, it wouldn't be too hard for everyone who is interested to "pool" their money for a month, once person get the picks of East Coast or Ty and then post them for the world to see in the service request;thus I think it a bit naive to think that anyone here or the services themselves were expecting to derive hundreds of new customers from the results of the contest.
                Personally I would like to see a two week contest between East Coast and the ******* with all plays posted (not just one a day) with the token "prize" being at most what EastCoast and the moderator would be costing him(ECoast) in terms of money he would be receiving from paying customers;it doesn't apply to Wiz as I don't believe he is a service at this time;as it appears that both of these folks by their statements have plenty of money, then simply have the contest to prove how good you are, and forget the money for the most part;we are taking handicapping ability, pride and ego here anyways rather than money.
                With rules such as mine we would find out something at and wouldn't have to worry about the authenticity of huge and alleged amounts of money involved.
                JMHO
                ps I would also have games rated from say one to three or at the most fice stars with juice figured in unlike the last contest and based on $100 a star.
                The whole point of a contest is to see if a service can wsin you money, and without juice and only one pick a day for 10 days, the results prove nothing.
                Last edited by savage1; 05-29-2004, 10:43 AM.

Comment

savage1,

If the money was a farce then both handicappers lose credibility, because they both gave their word on a contest over $100k. It would be called lying and how can you trust a service or person that would like about $100k??

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                    savage1,

If the money was a farce then both handicappers lose credibility, because they both gave their word on a contest over $100k. It would be called lying and how can you trust a service or person that would like about $100k??
                    Well said and my point exactly!

Comment

Bettorschat,
                      The whole point of my post was to improve it for the next challenge and not the one just completed.
                      Since most of the animosity seems to between Wiz and ECoast, then let them settle the issue of who is better(at least for 2 weeks) by showing all their stuff with units and how they would do with real money;thats all anyone cares about anyways.
                      As a side issue, aside from own personal views as to the integrity of the last contest(personally I think it is about a 50-50 proposition whether $100000K was involved, and from my perspective, the money wasn't that important anyways-I was more interested to see what the services could do under the rules). I saw no definitive evidence that would convince a judge and/or jury that there was NOT $1000000 involved and also to prove that Nut and ECoast are one in the same person.
                      Lots of shouting and name calling and hearsay but very little in the way of actual evidence.

Comment

I'm trying to get proof and can't.

Ty finally gets back to me and is cursing about it. Saying they got paid ask them and what do you want me to do take a picture of the money.

There won't be a second contest on here involving money been 2 parties as it's illegal and I had no part in the first one which has caused nothing, but a shit storm. I should have made both of them give me proof before the thing started, but I wasn't involved in it at all so that was my mistake.

Comment

savage i really can't believe that someone like you who has been around for awhile thinks nothing of a $100,000 lie. It really shocks me how 2 business' can grab such attention to get into the spotlight with such a large wager, and you don't see massive deception here. Isn't that what the biggest problem is with service's you have talked badly about in the past. This contest would not have grabbed nearly the attention if they didn't throw the $100,000 tag on it. How do you not see that it was part of the whole plan to get the attention? All this questioning from BC and no. 1, ty won't respond to him and no. 2, east coast with all the doubts and people's dwindling faith won't save face and just prove it and he are legit with this. If he was truly honorable with his service he would simply end it and step up to the plate, PERIOD! This crap about his buddy being gone is total BS cause you can get a bank statement in a heartbeat if you walk in and ask. This is the 1st time that i truly can't believe a pick to you (which is something my own son could post) means more to you than respect,integrity, and truthfulness. Say it isn't so. :confused:

Comment

Bettorschat-even if you do or do not get proof, it is not going to change the results of the contest.
                            ECoast made a comeback and won the contest even though as stated I thought rules from the outset were too limited(one play a day for a measly 10 days);most services exaggerate.
                            I personally laugh at the idiots at the Big Green Machine when I see their cappers bragging about being up 150 million stars of units;you have to read between the lines;if your star rated systems revolve around $50 and $100 million star plays, then of clourse at some point you can be up 150 million stars.
                            Its the actual record that counts with real units, and that is what I go by, not the hype.
                            Even though the challenge was different and the integirty of the $100000 was questioned, the real issue is who won and ny how much;that is what was documented and that is what counts in at least my eyes if I were to consider using a service.
                            As stated the in my opinion any future challenges should diminish the money aspect and emphasize getting at the abilities and winning percentages of the cappers in the competition.
                            I think everyone is making a lot about nothing;the actual documented results are what count.
                            ps I wonder if anyone who has read the the threads and posts and the contest is actually envious and/or jealous because someone may have in fact won $100000;this is a thought and not an accusation.

Comment

Wayne-one question:
                              Do YOU personally believe that Ty and ECoast thought that if they said $100000 was involved(when there was no money involved), that their thinking was that aside from drawing a lot of attention, that it would bring the winner a lot more new customers-Yes or no.

Comment

Working...
                              X