Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Picks and Predictions on Line Moves for August 16

By Doug Upstone

For our line moves, we have a split package today, a pair involving baseball and two others about NFL preseason. Take a minute to review all the betting trends, our free picks (13-2-1 sizzling run) and predictions (295-216-5 long term, 103-64-3 of late) to see what we are thinking today. See you back here tomorrow.

MLB – (969) TORONTO at (970) KANSAS CITY 8:15 ET SNET, FSKC

In the final meeting of this four-game nothing series, bettors have tried to make it intriguing by upping the total from 9 to 9.5. Toronto will start former K.C. prospect Sam Gaviglio (2-5, 4.86 ERA), who has a ghastly 8.10 ERA in eight road starts. Kansas City counters with what sounds like a Geico insurance agent, rookie Glenn Sparkman (0-1, 5.06). The past two contests have gone OVER, so let's call for three straight with the Blue Jays 16-6 OVER on the road when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.

Betting Trend - 56% backing Over
    Doug's VPID Take - Lean Over

NFLX - (401) PHILADELPHIA at (402) NEW ENGLAND 7:30 ET

There is actually a larger line move than New England going from -3 to -4, but that is one of my plays, thus, have to leave that alone. I won't disagree with this line move, but I prefer Philadelphia. The Eagles were outscored 16-0 to close out their 31-14 loss to Pittsburgh. That should be enough incentive for the entire team that plays and, winless squads like the Eagles, off an upset loss as a home favorite are 32-12 ATS.

Betting Trend - 50-50
    Doug's VPID Take - Philadelphia covers

More Free Picks at www.VegasProInsidersDaily.com

Become a VPID Inner Circle and Receive Plays from FIVE of the Best Documented Handicapping Experts on the Planet, plus Super Systems, Wise Guys plays and so much more. Only $99.99 a month for all sports (auto renewal), cancel at any time. Doug won 15 of the last 18 NFLX season and is 10-3 since last year! Become a VPID member at https://www.vegasproinsidersdaily.com/membership/
Working...
X