Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wednesday (T-day Eve) Early Play, Thankful Thoughts !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday (T-day Eve) Early Play, Thankful Thoughts !!

Just a holiday eve penny or two, we hope it won’t reek, but if it does, blame Ethan Happ.

Afternoon Freebie
    Nova takes on Western Kentucky at 2:30 in the Bahamas laying -21.5. Three games into the season, the Cats are on track, winning the opener by 15 laying -25, but cranked it out in the last two topping 100+ in both. Each team played Nichols, where WKTY also got to 100. But Nova got 113 and allowed Nichols to get 77 (-36), while the Hilltoppers allowed 86 to Nichols winning by 14.

The Toppers will offer more resistance to the Cats than the last two did, still Nova’s Def. is a tad better. This will be an even better tune up for Nova, the pieces are coming together in prep for tougher games ahead… small play to help pass the time this afternoon…

Lay -21/-22 Take Nova… I pretty confident they’ll get there in the end, leading in the teens in the 1st half or more and will hit that spurt in the second have that extends the lead to the upper 20’s… then root for the B team to carry it home…

Tuesday Recap
    The Bad: Premium Play goes down… Whisky -3
    Wisconsin was my Premium 100 play last night and the Badgers let me down. A great game to be sure, and Whisky played well in the first half, a 7-point lead, I think. Bruins rolled to a 9 pt. lead out of the gate, something like a 18-4 run. Badgers clawed back and even build a 6-point lead and the ball with a 3-4 minutes left… Time Out.

Then, a key moment IMHO; a Whisky baseline 3-ball skipped long to a weak side rebound that Whisky grabs for the moment to save the possession. As the rebounder was losing balance to the baseline, he spots an open teammate at the 3p line. A Bruin gets a finger on the ball which causes a bobble and Whisky turns it over at the baseline with just under 4 mins left.

Instead of a new shot clock, a chance to extend a 6-point lead, rather UCLA goes on an 8-2 run, hitting a 3 ball directly after the turnover above… Soon, OT would be welcome now with 30 secs. remaining after 90 secs of tit for tat.

Whisky, down 1, gets fouled, misses one FT that would’ve put them in front by 1… tied at 70. UCLA timeout at 13 seconds, Bruins hit the driving layup, leave only .9 seconds, now up by 2 … Bruins hold and win… heartbreaker.

The Good:
    We went 3-1 in the other plays, hitting Texas AM -4.5 for a dinnertime Select 50 play plus we had UC Davis -7, rolling out a big lead late and my “keep an eye on” team until Vegas begins to respect the Aggies on the board, until, I’m playing on UCD until they fail me.

I also had the OVER 59.5 in EMI and BGSU… the line flew up to 63 but settle back to 60ish towards kick. Either way the 64 was enough. Our loss was Creighton +1, who led by as many as 12 and by 7 with 5 mins to go, stopped scoring and Baylor may the key buckets and were more active on D at the end for a short win and cover.

Just a thought or two… a little Holiday Cheer … with any luck.
    Cowboys, Redskins Tease might make for a nice evening nightcap as the Boys will rise up, the Band is back together on the O-line, Alfred will have a good day… LAC isn’t too scary on D. in a possible shoot-out, I’ll take the Boyz +7 (7.5 in a 6.5 tease (-120). Skins should beat the Gints in DC, right?
    • The Egg Bowl may be a blow out 54-23… You know by who.
    • Missouri should have no trouble with Arkansas if they try just a little bit.
    • Don’t Sleep on Nebraska +3.5, I know it looks ugly, but throw out OSU, what has IA really done? Especially on the road.
    • Houston has F’d me 3x this year… Go Navy +4.5… Kick their ass. + I grew up in Annapolis.
    • Moreover, for my beloved Terps, Good Luck, try not to get hurt.
    • UVA +7 may end up being the right-side Saturday night.
    • Pitt +13 will be ready Saturday morning, early kick, in the cold, will the Canes? Miami’s 2nd road game in 40+ days.
    • CAL +7 is good enough to beat UCLA in So Cal.
    • Watch out Sparty, Rutgers+13.5 will be gunning for ya in Piscataway.
    • Buckeye’s will score 70 if given the chance… Wolverines may get embarrassed.
    • Poor Charlotte, what are you doing here? -21.5 is not enough, FAU will cruise even with the B team.
    • So. Miss +2.5 can play… at this level. Upset alert for the Herd.
    • Wazzu +10… yes please. ML +290 special… hmmm.
    • Something tells me UNLV will get rolled by Nevada -3.
    • ODU +12… I’m going to consider this closer… I like the Monarchs at 1st glance.
    • Gamecocks (+13.5) BTW are 8-3, Clemson better bring an A-Game, the Carolina rival will be close all day.
    • Minnesota won’t have any answers to Wisconsin.
    • A good spot for Notre Dame, Next week will mean more for Stanford… and Bryce.
    • Fresno +7… I'll have some of that too…
    • AZ v AZST over 73.5 looks like a gift 7 points to low.
    • 28 points might not be enough for ECU… Tigers may get 60.
    • Bama -4.5… many make a good case for Auburn, but it’s Bama!
    • If FSU gets shut down (at least slowed) and Gators can’t score, where are 7+ TD’s coming from? (o/u 44)

Happy T-Day to all, I think that’s PC enough…

I should be back with more pennies to consider… get down on Nova.

Happy B Day Mom, Luv Ya.
    Enjoy,
    Bigg Samm
    www.BiggSammSports.com
    @BiggSammSports
    [email protected]

Thanks Nova, not a very spirited effort... credit to the Hilltoppers.

Posted 4 plays tonight, NBA, NCAAB... results to be reviewed on T-Day... Special Offer tomorrow Morning
    Enjoy,
    Bigg Samm
    www.BiggSammSports.com
    @BiggSammSports
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X