Thursday preview NCAAF, TNF, 2 Free Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday preview NCAAF, TNF, 2 Free Opinions

My 2 cents sucked last night, but here's another 2 pennies... I hope this wont suck, but if it does... Russia likely hacked me

My Select 50 loss last night… Toledo -3. Not a great outcome in Athens for Bigg Samm. The Bobcats rolled Toledo with an outstanding second half game plan. After a tightly contested 1st half, Woodside couldn’t find any rhythm and the Rockets couldn’t get the Cats off the field on key 3rd downs. a rematch could arise in the MAC champioship, but Toledo needs help form others.

Split the Free MAC Leans; Western MI rolled Kent by 28 covering the big number, but EMI couldn’t get past the Chippewas. Eagles gave the ball away and didn’t convert many 3rd downs… the Chips capitalized.

Tonight, the NFL kicks of week 10 with Seattle @ Arizona. Drew Stanton will hope to guide the Peterson led Cards past an angry Seahawk squad off a winnable loss at home last week to the Skins. The Seattle line has ticked down to -6 (-115 to -110) in most books.

Seattle had several chances to put the Skins in the rearview last Sunday, but key penalties from the O-line and others erased 20+ yard gains on at least 3 occasions that I saw. A couple of dropped 3rd downs, and missed open WR’s cost Seattle in the end. Mostly, how did this “Tough” defense allow the Skins to drive the field in the 2 mins of the game?

In College, 3 games to pick from in the MAC, SUN, and ACC… Northern ILL (-31) host Ball St, that’s a truckload of points. GA Southern travels to App St (-18) and UNC plays in Pittsburgh (-9),

Ball St (2-7) @ NIU (6-3) Huskie Stadium, DeKalb, IL: 7 pm CBS Sports Network
    Line: NIU -31 (51.5)
    Ball St has nothing to offer college football right now. Indiana fans can’t be happy with their MAC representative. Cardinals have lost 6 straight and are having no fun, losing by an average of 46 to MAC colleagues, while scoring no more than 17.

Huskies lost to Toledo last week, and need to win out to get into the MAC finale. Ball shouldn’t be a problem. NIU has the best defense in the MAC and is particularly tough against the run. BSU may not score.

GASO (0-8) @ App St (5-4) Kidd Brewer Stadium, Boone, NC… 7:30 ESPNU
    Line: App St -19 (53.5)
    App St. (-19) was once the star of the league, but with losses to UMass and UL Monroe, the luster has worn some. The defense has become soft, but GA Southern hasn’t done much to scare many D’s. The Eagles option hasn’t been working, new QB Wert had a good game last week vs. GA State, but still makes many mistakes.

If GASO can get the option working, App St will have their hands full, but even so, App St will get their Bowl eligible win and likely win out. Covering the 19 points may be a challenge regardless.

UNC (1-8) @ Pittsburgh (4-5) Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA: 7:30 pm ESPN
    Line: Pitt -9 (51.5)
    Pitt is enjoying a little uptick in their play defeating Duke and then UVA, Pitt has a little life. Needing 1 win to become bowl eligible, it probably better be tonight. VAT and @ MIA next, it’s now or nothing for the Panthers.

UNC is beat up and done little this year to speak of other than beat Old Dominion… Woo Hoo! UNC like other teams having a rough year, occasionally show up while being taking for granted. Is Pitt worthy of laying 9 points? UNC did just play the Canes well, but that may be MIA playing down. ODU aside, UNC has only 2 games where they played with 10 points, UVA by 6 and Mia by 5. GT, Notre Dame, VAT were blow outs, Duke was lost by 10.

I think you would have to buy into Pitt last 2 games rather Pitt before. At 1-4 prior to Duke, did Pitt really do something impressive by beating Duke? Or UVA for that matter? UNC played those teams reasonably close at shorter lines… now getting +9 against Pitt may be worth grabbing.

Bigg Samm Sports is looking to capitalize on the lines for tonight… and will post a Select 50 play in within the hour… in the meantime, …

A couple of Free Plays that look attractive…

Over 40 in Arizona vs Seattle. The Hawk defense is good but not air tight. Peterson will get a few yards, but don’t expect last week’s carries and 100+ yards. Stanton has a few options and AZ should be in line for 13-17 points at least. Seahawks will get it together tonight… I think they will run on AZ while hitting a few down field passes that flip the field… final score 27-20 or 31-23 or thereabouts.

No. Illinois -31… this will be ugly, don’t even watch… Ball St shouldn’t get more than 10 pts, likely less. Hopefully NIU will want to score when that get up 30 and remembers to close the backdoor. When you’re up 37-3, safety becomes an issue and NUI may want to slow it down once the game is at hand. Then again, subs want to impress and usually play extra hard when given the chance, but the play calling becomes very safe.

Best of Luck,
    Enjoy,
    Bigg Samm
    www.BiggSammSports.com
    @BiggSammSports
    [email protected]
Working...
X