Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Lights; episode Top 25

Friday Night Lights NCAAF style

First, How'bout Bigg Samm's Eagles +3 Premium Play winner. Really expected more from ULL and Bobctas on my Over 55 play Thursday. eventhough 14 early points in 1st Q was nice, the Bobcats toss a INT from the 5 yardline and fumble another while within FG range soon after and blew many other chances. And dont get me started on the Nationals, I felt so bad for my Nats... what a little league type of game, they played better and lost... Props to the Cubby fans... Good Luck.

Friday Free Opinions:

#1 Syracuse +24 (Clemson may be looking for a quick, clock killing in & out match)

#2 Cal +16.5 (wait til game time, it may go higher)

If you want more... here’s my take…

Friday night is usually the kick-off to the weekend, happy hour, maybe a movie? So now it seems Friday is becoming a bit of a showcase night for college football. What use to be a soft evening with low tier colleges and maybe an FCS match, SWAC, Sunbelt, or MW game is now featuring top 25 teams?

Sounds like fun, I kind of like it. On the other hand, it’s hard enough to find time and needing permission to watch the dozens of Saturday games, much less carve out time for Clemson and Wazzu on Friday... especially for us Easterners.

Both spreads tonight are big. Usually not a problem for Clemson and perhaps a bigger ask for Wazzu. Any team and more importantly the gambling public can be asked to lay only so many points.

Clemson @ Syracuse 7pm EST

Clemson is laying 24 now after sagging towards -23 in the last 24 hours. Scores & Odds shows side money split 51/49, a larger share for Clem on the ML. Who’s laying -200 to 1 odds? I guess if you can risk it, it’s a safe bet Clemson wins this game.

Clemson has several stat edges but Syracuse will be fired up in the Dome and that will likely wear off as soon as the Tigers whack a few Orangemen in the mouth. However, if Cuse can rally on Def, this might be their only chance to stay close. The SYR O line will be challenged all evening and Dungey may be running for his life and not many 1st downs. Cuse may only get 2-3 chances to score.

With Clemson QB Bryant dinged up with a sore ankle, the game plan may be to play, execute and get out of New York. Keeping Bryant healthy being the larger goal than covering 24 points? Or will Clemson just lay Cuse to waste?

I can NOT bet this game, but getting Cuse and 24 points, sounds slightly better and more fun perhaps than laying 24 on the road, in the dome, on Turf and on a weird Friday night. Come on Cuse, You can Do It… Opinion only.

Washington State @ Cal 10:30 EST

Wazzu is rolling and after defeating USC in Pullman 2 weeks ago plus blasting Oregon last week, now 6-0, makes a squad feel good. But just when you think it’s a cake walk (whatever that means), many will tell you that’s when the dud game appears.

More so with Cal than with Syracuse, this is a good spot for Cal to wreck it. Cal's O line is not very good, the rushing stats are very bad, mainly b/c they pass most of the time, but also b/c they can't clock well. The Bears defense was good at the start but hasn’t fared well lately, the Huskies and Ducks will do that to visitors. However, Cal held it together for most of the USC game covering the 16 and beat Ole Miss outright getting +7 and defeated UNC in NC getting +12.5.

I like Cals 3rd conversion rate at home and this is Wazzu 2nd road game… forget the Ducks game, they lost key players in game. Let's look at what Wazzu has done, the USC in So Cal was a great effort, but a fortunate bounce helped Wazzu hold off the Trojans. Then there’s Nevada, Org ST, & Boise, dont forget Montana St… Wazzu was foortunate against Boise, which they should’ve lost.

Cal needs work, dont get me wrong, and Wazzu may cover easily, but i dont think so. Cal may also involve another QB tonight and they will throw the ball for sure and likely be a long game. Take a nap and wake up at 2 am, you'll likely catch the last 5 mins. If you want to take a flyer on a home dog, Cal has shown they can cover and even win against big spreads.

Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy.

Oct 13 L14 days.jpg
    Enjoy,
    Bigg Samm
    www.BiggSammSports.com
    @BiggSammSports
    [email protected]

Do you believe in miracles? Yes... The Dome mattered and the Tiger is slain. Should had more faith in my lean! #orangemen
    Enjoy,
    Bigg Samm
    www.BiggSammSports.com
    @BiggSammSports
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X