X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday's NFL plays.....

Here are my plays for Sunday....

3 STAR: Tampa Bay (+4) OVER PHILADELPHIA
    I know the past history of the Bucs, averaging 7 points a game in the playoffs, never winning a road game in the playoffs, terrible in the cold weather, Philly has owned them, winning earlier in the year 20-10. ect. This line does look low and the majority of the public, about 6 out of every 10, are on the Eagles, but yet the line has moved very little. To me it seems that Vegas wants that Philly money, and they will get plenty of it. This pick is not for the weak of heart, but I have to grab my balls and go with my gut feeling and take the Bucs here. Tampa Bay is 14-5 against the spread after scoring 30 points or more last game and 5-1 against the spread in road games after a win by 21 or more points since 1992. A field goal should decide this game, take the points.

3 STAR: OAKLAND (-7.5) OVER Tennessee
    This number at first may appear high, but in reality it is not. The Titans secondary is terrible, and they yielded the most yardage all year (387 passing yards) to Gannon and Company in the first match up. I look for more of the same in this game. The Raiders will throw the ball early and often, similar to the game plan they used against Pittsburgh earlier in the year. Why try to run against the #2 run defense in the league when the Titans secondary, when healthy, is only ranked 25th in the league against the pass? The Titans secondary is banged up for this game. Oakland is 6-0 against the spread after a home win this season and 8-2 against the spread as a home favorite of 7.5 to 14 points over the last 3 seasons. Tennessee is 1-5 against the spread after a home game where both teams scored 24 or more points over the last 3 seasons. I just can't see the Raiders winning this game by less than 10.

NFL RECORD
    10 STAR GOY 1-0 (+10.0 UNITS)
    5 STAR RECORD 16-7 (+41.5 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 14-16 (-10.9 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 18-8 (+18.4 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 9-11 (-3.1 UNITS)
    OVERALL RECORD 58-41 (58.6%)(+55.9 UNITS)

PLAYOFFS: 7-0 ATS

Good luck,
    John
    EZ Winners
    Good luck,
    John

Tampa Bay backers, (myself included) should take a hard look at the Bucs on the moneyline +$160. In the AFC and NFC championship games since the merger, where the point spread is single digits (-9.5 or less), the straight up winner of the game is 51-0-2 Against The Spread! I think the Bucs pull it off.

Something to ponder,
    John
    Good luck,
    John

Comment

Wow! A staggering number. Thanks for sharing!
      Good Luck!!
      ~MrCC

Comment

More late money coming in on Philly. I'm now seeing Philly -4 (-$120) or Tampa +4 (Even) in a lot of places. Some books have Philly at -4.5. Tampa Bay is by far the bookie play of the day. Everyone and the mother is on the Eagles. We'll see what happens.

GLTA
        John
        Good luck,
        John

Comment

Raiders line now up to -9. I still like it, don't see them winning by less that double figures. The streak is alive! 8-0 ATS! Lets go RAIDERS!!!

Good luck,
          John
          Good luck,
          John

Comment

You nailed it EZ!! Great playoff run. I'll be watching for your Super Bowl pick! :cool:
            Good Luck!!
            ~MrCC

Comment

Thanks! Hope everyone cashed in big!!! We will try to cap off a 10-0 ATS playoff run with the Super Bowl winner. I will post by mid week.

John
              Good luck,
              John

Comment

Working...
              X