Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 8 Recap

Week 8 Recap

We had a so-so week, going 3-3, including 1-1 on our best bets. If Chicago doesn't give a up that cheap TD atin the last few second, we would have had a winning week instead of a losing week. But we take the bad with the good, and the good has been much better this season thus far, up 9.3 units. We are hitting 65% in the NFL, 55% in NCAAF, and 60% on our best bets.

NCAAF

I can't remeber the last time I saw a team fall off the cliff in two weeks the way West Virginia has. They had the Heisman frontrunner and an excellent chance to play in the BCS Championship game, now they have neither. That leader is now Collin Klien. The debate about the BCS may begin in earnest after this week, especially if Notre Dame beats Oklahoma in Norman this week. I'd never though I'd see the day, but Auburn could go winless in the SEC this season. They are 0-5, with remaining games against Texas AM, Georgia, and Alabama. They better win a few, or could see some prize recruits jump ship. David Cutcliffe won't garner many coach of the year awards this season, but getting Duke bowl elligble in October is quite an achievement. They may not win another game, but 6 wins is outstanding for a team that usually needs several seasons to get to 6 wins. This week:

Florida vs Georgia: This is basically a playoff game to see who wins the SEC East. If Florida wins, they are in the Championship game. If Georgia wins, they are in the driver seat and control their own destiny.
    Notre Dame vs Oklahoma: If the Irish win this game, all that stands between them and an undefeated season is USC. It would be tough to keep them out of the BCS Championship game with so many quality wins. If the Sooners win, they stamp themselves as a legit one loss BCS Contender.
    Ohio St vs Penn St: The winner stamps themselves as the best team in the Big 10, except neither is eligble to win the Big 10. Oh well.
    NFL

If anyone saw the Cam Newton post game press conference, he said "something has to change" in his normal sulking manner. I agree: starting with the QB. He only knows how to play one way, and the NFL has already caught on. It seems to me like Green Bay is finding its mojo. I didn't think the Jacksonville passing game could be any worse, but it is with Chad Henne. I wonder how many 8-8 teams manke the playoffs or win their division. I thought the prevent defense was supposed to prevent 77 yd TD passes in the last minutue. I guess not in Washington. But it does prevent you from covering, as the Bears proved Monday night. Seems like the AFC is closer to teh SEC than it is to the NFC. This week:

Atlanta vs Philadelphia: Can the Eagles get their season back on track under new DC Todd Bowles against an over-rated, but un-defeated Atlanta team?
    NY Giants vs Dallas: If Dallas wins, the tie the Giants for first place, but more importantly, would have swept the season series.
    New England vs Saint Louis: Has the novelty of playing in London worn off? I know the players hate it

AC

AC is the author of "The Winning Edge" and E-Book that covers the fundamentals of football and basketball, money management, and tips for selecting a handicapper

visit ACDinero.com - Home Page - Sports Handicapping Service - Handicapping the NFL, NBA, PGA, and NCAA. for more info
Working...
X