MNF from "The Animal"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNF from "The Animal"

Hope all is well here at BC. Gearing up for yet another season. #30 for me which means nothing except too damn long.

3* Tennessee -4

Coach Fisher is extremely competitive and especially off a loss. Catch this: Fisher is entering his 16th year as head coach of the Titans. I did some serious digging today. Since 2000, the Titans are 16-5 SU the first two preseason games of the year. Only once in those 11 seasons have they started out August 0-2 (2006). The city of Nashville has been through quite a bit. They've had three "storms of the centuries" with serious flooding in the past year. This will be the first game at LP Field since the heavy rain flooded the field in May. Found some quotes on the web: It may be preseason, but head coach Jeff Fisher and his players are excited."We still have some things yet to do, you know, as far as final preparation but I thought we had a good week, we had a really good week, got a lot done," Fisher said."I'm real excited," said linebacker Stephen Tulloch. "I love the game of football. Whenever I can get out and perform it is always a good thing. The guys been working hard this training camp and we're just excited about going out there and making plays.""I've never been here to LP, always been past it, so it will be exciting for me," said rookie safety Robert Johnson. "I get to play on ESPN too, where my whole family will watch the game and I'm excited about it." The Titans would appear on paper to have a significant advantage at the QB rotation w/ Vince Young, Kerry Collins, and Chris Simms. Last year Young threw for 378 yards against Arizona without a pick in 43 attempts in a 20-17 win. The score was deceiving considering Tennessee enjoyed a 532-292 edge in total yards. Last week in limited play, Young was 5/6 for 78 yards against Seattle in the 20-18 defeat. The Titans could have prevailed but lost turnovers 3-0. Arizona overcame a 16-0 deficit in the 4th quarter scoring 19 unanswered points to pull out a win against Houston. For three quarters the Cardinals were badly out-played and lost total yards 352-272. Matt Schaub was 5-of-6 against the Arizona defense. Matt Leinart completed 5-of-6 passes, albeit for just 49 yards, but also was sacked twice and fumbled a handoff. But the hero for the Cardinals was QB John Skelton out of Fordham. He was 5-of-6 for 84 yards and directed two scoring drives in the 4th quarter. FYI: Houston actually could have potentially tied the game at 19-19 but elected not to attempt a 51-yard field goal in the final minute. Nothing like preseason huh? Arizona 2nd string QB Derek Anderson threw two picks and was 13-of-22 for 88 yards. Talk about a short passing game. 13 completions for 88 yards? The Cardinals had dropped five consecutive preseason games (0-5 ATS) until that miracle comeback last week. Coach Whisenhunt is 3-10 SU in the preseason, 4-9 ATS. He was certainly not pleased with the play of the first team offense against Houston. "There were a couple of times in the first half, offensively, where it was a joke, to be quite honest with you," Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt told the Arizona Republic the day after the game against the Texans. "Plays that we had run 25 times in two weeks looked like it was the first time we’d run it." I'm not really wild about giving four points in this game but have a difficult time making a real case for Arizona. But I do like the fact the Titans are off a narrow defeat with a coach that historically plays to win in August (especially early) against a visitor that pulled out a miracle win last week with a coach that generally doesn't care about wins and losses in the preseason.

Regards,

Mark "The Animal"
    TheRealAnimal.com
    [email protected]

GoodLuck

Comment

gl today Mark....thanks

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Great to hear from you Kap! Hope you are doing well. Best of luck to you too Jimmy.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by The Animal View Post
          Great to hear from you Kap! Hope you are doing well. Best of luck to you too Jimmy.

Mark
          Mark ... Hope you have a great season

Comment

GL BRING IT HOME
            Do or Do Not" there is no try

Comment

Working...
            X