This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey Question

As most of you know who read here, over the weekend there was a dialog between several of us and a service which alleges that his special plays are worth up to $1500 apiece especially to very large players.
    As we all know there are many paid services out there, sone good and some not so good and of course the terrific and free cappers who post here daily.
    Most of paid services will charge say charge from $50-$100(like Northcoast) for a single GOY or GOM play.
    Lets assume that the plays, which most of get for nothing on internet, were not posted and that you were a big player in the $1000-$5000 or more range and you saw a play advertised in a football game which cost $1500.
    My questions are 1) would you personally pay it if service claimed it was hitting 80% of these under these condition: a) the service claimed 80% for these plays and it was documented;b) the service claimed 80% and record was not documented;2) do you feel any service in any major gets information so strong that it is worth $1500 even if you are a big player;3) what do you think is the most a sports service should charge for one game?4) Do you think a service should charge more to its customers if they are $1000 and up players than if same service had most of its clientele in the $100-$1000 range;5) What is the most YOU personally would pay for 1 game if a) you were losing and needed a bailout or b) if you were doing good and wanted to fatten you wallet and a service had a big advertised play.
    I know it might take some time to answer this, but I think it is helpful and will certainly show some services which post here what the sentiment is.
    Last edited by savage1; 09-22-2003, 10:12 AM.

I have no TYdea who you may be referring to, but I think I remember a free taste of the winning with a play on Ark St-3.5. That was a real nail biter, touch and go the whole way
    I pay $700 for my consensus service which includes the entire football season for 5 services. I think that is very reasonable considering the services I get. No one pick is worth $1500 or even $50 in my opinion. All services and all cappers run hot streaks and hit cold streaks. I would always seem to hit their cold streaks. I have never purchased a 1 game deal and will never buy a 1 game deal. I don't think it's good to load up on 1 game to chase your money or fatten your wallet. I've been there before with little success.
    I hope that added some insight. I have nothing against most of the services that come in here and try to sell their plays. It's their business. I think most of the members are smart enough to see through the bad ones.
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

My Two Cents

Personally myself I have never paid for a play from a service in my life. Also don't ever plan on it.

So my answer is NO I would never pay anything for any play. :D

Just My Two Cents.

Hope everyone has a nice and money making day.
      1 of 1 Morons

Comment

I agree with PhilJr, no service in the world is worth paying $1,500 for a single play or even an entire season. There are several solid services out there who charge only a fraction of that for their entire season much less one play. If you are spending this much on one play, I would think that would mean you are betting at minimum 5 figures on the game and if you are going to risk that much $$, wouldn't you do the research yourself and bet the $1,500 instead of buying a play and then needing to recover that cost as well?

My 2 cents,
        SportsGuru

Comment

I have previously reported on service records in footnball for the 2002 season - search past posts.

Those hitting 67% or better did so mainly on their GOY, but many failred to reach the 67% criteria even just considering their GOY.

Northcoast did it college with their 5 star picks (this lost last weekend as many of us are painfully aware).

Northcoast did it NFL with their 4 and 5 star (GOY) picks.
          sigpic

Comment

All of the comments so far are excellent and appropriate(at least be my way of thinking).
            Sports Guru, you are right on with your comparisons.
            I can't believe that there are people dumb enough to believe that because a service charges $1500 for a pick or as much as $25000 for the season as Mr. Gaston apparently does, that the picks are better than cheaper services simply because cost is higher.
            It is one thing to go to an exclusive restaurant with your wife or girlfriend and spend a lot on dinner as opposed to bringing her to McDonalds;obviously in that instance you will get a much better dinner at the restaurant than eating a Big Mac with fries.
            But opinions on games are just that, and I firmly believe that most of the people at least on this thread are smart enough to see through tham nonsense.
            I always laugh when I get a call at home from one of the scandicappers telling you that they have a lock on a game going tonight and asking you "how much you can move on it?"
            As soon as I hear that, it is a deadpan giveaway, as the service wants to know how much you bet so that they can decide how much to charge you-the more you bet, the higher they charge, plain and simple.

Comment

I have had the Feist group call me and after I tell them a pick they had that lost, they actually tell me that the loser was a play for smaller betters and they gave out winners to the people that paid more for their service. Great marketing.
              If you want to have fun, when they ask how much you can get down on a game, tell them your max play is $20 per game and you like to bet every game on the board especially in college. The silence is deafening.
              You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Some of the folks who run the services are so dumb and/or given to speaking the party line, that they would say something akin to this if you told them you bet only $20 a game:
                "Well, seeing that you bet only $20 a game, we are going to give you a weekend special and reduce rate which we normally charge of $299 and charge you only $199, and if you join our service for the season today and today only we will charge you only $2999 as opposed to our $5000 for everyone else."

Comment

Here is the quote of the week so far:

"HOME OF THE WORLDS MOST TRUSTED HANDICAPPER Charlie Red McDougall"

He's so trusting that his real name is Charles Fletcher

Don't forget to order your halloween masks today. Supplies are running out already!!

Comment

MY 2 CENTS...

PERSONALLY, I THINK THE GUY HAS A RIGHT TO CHARGE WHATEVER HE THINKS HIS PICKS ARE WORTH. ARE THEY WORTH 1500? MAYBE, MAYBE NOT. BUT IF I KNEW PEOPLE WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY THAT KIND OF PRICE FOR ONE PICK, THEN I WOULD DO IT ALSO. I THINK PEOPLE ON HERE WERE A LITTLE TOO HARD ON HIM. HE DOES A LOT BETTER THAN SOME OF THE OTHERS. I ALWAYS LOOKED AT HIS PLAYS AND IF THEY WERE THE SAME, THEN I WOULD DOUBLE MY PLAY. NO ONE EVER SWAYS ME ON PICKS AND SO FAR IM NOT DOING TO BAD THIS SHORT SEASON. 10-6 IN COLLEGE AND MY NFL IS SUFFERING AT 4-4.

IN CONCLUSION, IF HE CHARGES 1500 AND SOMEONE BUYS IT AND CONTINUES TO DO SO, WHY NOT CHARGE THAT? HELL, THERE ARE MANY MORE PEOPLE CHARGING MORE OUTRAGES PRICES FOR THEIR SERVICES. (I.E MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS, ACTORS GETTING PAID 20 MIL FOR ONE MOVIE, PRO PLAYERS MAKING 90 MIL. ON ENDORSEMENTS, ETC,ETC.) I THINK THERE ARE JUST PEOPLE HERE THAT JUST DONT LIKE CERTAIN THINGS AND HAVE TO TELL EVERYONE WHAT THEY THINK. WHATS THE POINT, JUST MAKE YOU'RE STUPID PICK AND WIN MONEY. NOW WOULD I EVER PAY THAT MUCH FOR ONE PICK? NO. BUT I ONLY PUT UP 500 EACH GAME AND VERY RARELY BET 1000 ON A GAME.
                    LIKE I DID WITH TEXAS ON SATURDAY. THAT WAS THE EASIEST GAME OF THE YEAR.
                    A $300 PICTURE TUBE WILL BLOW BEFORE A $.10 FUSE- MURPHY'S LAW

Comment

bugs,

i think you are missing the point a bit here.of course mr.gaston has a right to charge whatever he wants..i don't think that is the question.the hoopla in the other thread started when he posted a false record of his picks here so people began to question any service that charges a ludicrous amount for 1 game then falsifies a record knowingly or not.gaston then came back into the thread and condescended to all of us $20 punks and posted one of his $1500 games that lost ats by 51 points.

so all things considered i think the criticism in that thread was fair,but that's just the way i see it of course.although i agree at the end of the day who really cares.good luck tonight

Comment

METEOR...

I DO UNDERSTAND THE POINT YOU ARE MAKING, BUT THAT WAS NOT INDICATED IN THIS THREAD. I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WERE COMMENTING ON MY POINT THAT HE WAS TREATED A LITTLE HARSHLY. I DO THINK HE WAS TREATED VERY RUDELY ABOUT HIS ARK. ST PLAY. LIKE HE SAID, AT LEAST HE POSTED THAT PLAY AND THAT SHOULD BE RECEIVED A LOT BETTER. SURE HE LOST THAT PLAY, BUT HE NEVER SAID HE WOULD WIN EVERY GAME. I THINK WE SHOULD JUST GIVE HIM MORE THAN ONE CODE ZEBRA PLAY BEFORE WE CRITICIZE. WOULD YOU, OR ANYONE ELSE, CHANGE THER MIND ON THE ZEBRA PLAYS IF HE RAN OFF 10 STRAIGHT BEFORE LOSING ONE? WHICH IS VERY POSSIBLE. BUT, I WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT THAT THE THREAD IS NOT WORTH TALKING ABOUT, BECAUSE IF PEOPLE DO PAY IT, THEN IT MUST BE WORTH IT TO THEM. SO, WHY EVEN RAISE THAT QUESTION.

BUT ANYWAY, WHO REALLY CARES TO BEGIN WITH? RIGHT? THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS MAKING MONEY AND HELPING OTHERS OUT. ALL OF THIS OTHER B.S SHOULD BE GOING ON SOMEWHERE ELSE. NOT HERE. PEOPLE CANT CONCENTRATE WITH ALL OF THIS CRAP GOING ON.

Comment

actually compared to my main forum this place is pretty much a love in so it's all good to me:D

you are right..of course you can't judge anybody on one pick.and maybe if you are putting $10,000 on each game and his picks make you cash it is worth it.but at the same time all things considered he was up for a little ribbing at the end of the day.like i said my other forum is like the bronx zoo compared to this place so i guess it doesn't bother me as much as you or some others.

oh well take it easy;no harm no foul..i gotta go consult my dart board to find out who i'm putting my cash on tonight

Comment

METEOR...

WHAT OTHER SITE DO YOU GO TO? HOPE IT'S NOT *********. THAT PLACE IS WORTHLESS. THE ONLY GOOD THING IS THE SCORES AND SOME OF THE STATS YOU CAN GET THERE.

Comment

bugs,

LOL..no not *********.the only thing i use that place for is to check the concensus especially for NBA.the other forum i use is **********.i've been there for about a year.i looked around some of the other sites but didn't really like any until i found this place last month which i think is a great compliment...especially for getting service games if you want them.it's much smaller and very cool.

covers is great and a shitload of fun;usually high on entertainment value although it has quieted down on that front a bit recently.some real solid cappers over there too

Comment

Working...
                              X