Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Lose money with .52 seconds to go in the NFL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Lose money with .52 seconds to go in the NFL...

How to Lose money with .52 seconds to go in the NFL...

October 7, 2007 was a normal Sunday for Brady. He took his family to Sunday School and Church service. The Preacher was finsihed right on time for Brady to get to his vehicle and call his bookie for the NFL bets he had.
    " Hello, Brady what can I do you for today, said the bookie. " Yea what you got on Arizonia Cardnials at St. Louis Rams? I got Arizonia - 3.5. Brady asked to buy down to 3 with Arizonia and the answer was no buys of 3 in NFL remember, said the bookie. Oh yea, I forgot about that, said Brady. He knew, but thought he would try anyway. Give me the Cardnials - 3.5 for $1,000. Ok, I got you the Cardnials - 3.5 for a dime said the bookie, anything else. Yes, what you got on Cleveland Browns at the New England Patroits, I got the Patroits - 16.5 said the bookie. Brady thought for a minute and asked himself, should I buy that to + 17 just in case ? Naw, they will only beat 'em by 13 or 14. Yea, give me the Cleveland Browns + 16.5 for $1,000 said Brady. The bookie replied, man that is the 1st time I have wrote down Cleveland today. Yes, said Brady to himself, I am on the bookies side with that one. You need anything else today ? Nope, that is it for me. OK, you got the Cardnials - 3.5 for a dime and the Browns + 16.5 for a dime. Thanks and I will be here back @ 3:30 for the afternoon games said the bookie as they ended the call.

Brady got off the phone and talked with his family about eating lunch and they decided to have the China Buffet and headed that way for lunch. When they got home Brady went and turned on the DirecTV chanel 700 to see all the scores at halftime. The Cardnials were up by 4 and the Patriots looked like they would kill again leading 20 to zero. Brady thought, hey maybe I will go 1 - 1 and lose juice again today.

Boy did Brady only wish more at the end that he could of only gone 1 - 1. With .36 seconds to go in the Cardnials game they were up 34 - 23 and winning the number by 11. Brady thought to himself while the Rams were driving, man IF they score a TD then they will try to get the 2 point conversion to cut it to a FG. Please GOD, don't let 'em even score the TD. There is only .13 seconds left in the game and BAM the Rams score on a 29 yard TD pass to Randy MacMichael from Gus Frerote to cut the lead to 5 and you got it they go for the 2 point conversion and get it ! Brady loses $1,100 on the Cardnials by the half point with only .13 seconds left in the game.

Now he switches the game back over to the Cleveland Browns. The Browns have the ball at their own 15 yard line and the clock is ticking with only .40 seconds to go in the game with the Patroits winning by 10 and a score of 27 - 17. Brady thought to himself, please Dear GOD don't let him throw an interception for a turnover TD. If only Brady had prayed not for the fumble, because that is just what had happend as he ended his prayer. The Browns fumbled the ball and Randall Gay picked up the football and ran 15 yards losing Brady's money with only .40 seconds to go in the game and winning the game 34 - 17 while losing only by half point.

Oh GOD, why me screamed Brady as his dog started barking and his little girls started laughing. He looked around and saw all that he had in his home. The beautiful family with his wonderful wife and precious little girls was more than enough to let him forget what had just happened in the NFL. Dear GOD thank YOU for all of my families health and happiness which is more important than to win $2,000. The game ain't over until the Fat Lady sings and on this Sunday Brady is singing the blues and the man is collecting next week. Brady knows that it is a marathon and not a sprint. There will go be good days and bad days with all of us. Today was a bad day to win money, but a GREAT day to be alive !

...winning and grinning...

Eddie McKinney
    Fast Eddie Sports

That is a fantastic twist on a heartbreaking day.

Keep your chin up Eddie...I know you will.

john

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
      That is a fantastic twist on a heartbreaking day.

Keep your chin up Eddie...I know you will.

john

I had the Redskins and Steelers...just was watching all of the games and saw that happened and knew that was somebody
      s story out there..both good and bad for the losers and winners...that is gambling...hope you had a winning day John

GL...
      Eddie

Comment

HELL!! those kind of games kill me all the time. LIKE Stl. scoring and then make 2 pts to F___ COVER by 1/2 pt

Comment

funny that this guys name is Brady..........I had the Browns today and good thing my dog wasnt around when they blew the cover because I would have kick the shit out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brady22
            funny that this guys name is Brady..........I had the Browns today and good thing my dog wasnt around when they blew the cover because I would have kick the shit out of him.
            That's not funny

Comment

Working...
            X