Rooksports Champions League Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooksports Champions League Tuesday

We'll have soccer tuesday, wednesday and thursday....we'll share one of tomorrow's card for you here.

AEK Athens +220 over Sevilla (1/2 unit)
    AEK Athens pk over Sevilla (+150) (1/2 unit)

the half unit play is in case of a draw, we don't lose our full unit, however i don't think we'll see a draw here.

Sevilla took care of business in the 1st leg of this match winning 2-0 on their home pitch. Sevilla is very banged up and is also playing a very important game vs AC Milan on Friday, so they may not put out their starters for the entire game. They are also going to be missing one of their key players who had not one but TWO heart attacks on Saturday!

Needless to say Sevilla will not be 100%, and AEK Athens will at the very least win the game.

Good luck to all that follow Tuesday, game time is 2:45pm est.

Rook
    www.rooksports.com
    [email protected]

good luck. You have a trade offer in football.

Comment

Best of luck on the kickball bro!

Comment

Hope you hit it buddy!

Comment

thanks guys....nex i'll check it out.

Comment

Thanks for the pick rook and good luck!!!
            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Hey rook my book has an options for "draw no bet" which means if the game ties I get a push.....

They have AEK Athens "draw no bet" @ +138.....

Is this good value or......

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                Hey rook my book has an options for "draw no bet" which means if the game ties I get a push.....

They have AEK Athens "draw no bet" @ +138.....

Is this good value or......

yeah chado...that's essentially what i gave out.

half unit on the money line which means if the game ends in a draw we lose...but half unit on the AEK at a pk, which means it's a no bet if the game ends in a draw.

You always have to be careful in soccer with those moneylines....cause draws can fvck up a good day..lol.

I really honestly don't see a draw...but you just never know. Sevilla just doesn't have the horses today, but funnier things have happened. Better to be safe then sorry, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
                  half unit on the money line which means if the game ends in a draw we lose...but half unit on the AEK at a pk, which means it's a no bet if the game ends in a draw.
                  What you posted means that if it ties then a 1/2 unit is lossed....if AEK win outright then your +2.2 units.....

With the +138 "draw no bet" if it ties I lose nothing and if it wins I gain +1.38 units....

The difference between they way you have it and mine is that if it ties you lose a 1/2 unit but if they win you gain more....

I dont mind not having more of a pay pack like you have (+2.2) but would rather not lose if it ties like you will....

do you understand my point and does this make sense?

Last edited by Chado1; 08-28-2007, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                    What you posted means that if it ties then a 1/2 unit is lossed....if AEK win outright then your +2.2 units.....

With the +138 "draw no bet" if it ties I lose nothing and if it wins I gain +1.38 units....

The difference between they way you have it and mine is that if it ties you lose a 1/2 unit but if they win you gain more....

I dont mind not having more of a pay pack like you have (+2.2) but would rather not lose if it ties like you will....

do you understand my point and does this make sense?

Yes, makes perfect sense.

My reasoning on how I do it is to minimize the losses, because unless you actually pick the game to end in a draw, you can't win. Draws occur about 30% of the time in soccer, and the books eat up that money.

I'm confident this won't end in a draw, but as anything, i don't have 100% fact on that....I'd rather minimize the losses to a half unit in case there is a draw rather then a full unit.

If AEK wins...we pick up +1.70 units on both bets. To me...that is good enough, and I don't mind eating the 0.50 unit that we missed out on because I was cautious.

I hope that makes sense to you. Your going a step beyond what I was doing, and just putting a full unit on AEK Athens at a PICK...which I understand completely.

Either way, it's a cautious safe bet IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
                      Yes, makes perfect sense.

My reasoning on how I do it is to minimize the losses, because unless you actually pick the game to end in a draw, you can't win. Draws occur about 30% of the time in soccer, and the books eat up that money.

I'm confident this won't end in a draw, but as anything, i don't have 100% fact on that....I'd rather minimize the losses to a half unit in case there is a draw rather then a full unit.

If AEK wins...we pick up +1.70 units on both bets. To me...that is good enough, and I don't mind eating the 0.50 unit that we missed out on because I was cautious.

I hope that makes sense to you. Your going a step beyond what I was doing, and just putting a full unit on AEK Athens at a PICK...which I understand completely.

Either way, it's a cautious safe bet IMO.
                      Thanks for taking the time to respond rook!!!

Your way = MORE profit if they win outright but chance of 1/2 unit loss.....

My way = LESS profit if they win outright but push if ties....

You will gain +1.70 units with outright winner cause you have the possibilty at losing 1/2 unit with a tie....

The reason I will only win +1.38 units (and not 1.70) is because I am getting the security of a push with a tie....

Makes sense both ways and thanks again buddy

Comment

Rook, lets look at this from your diets perspective.

If you eat half as much your front porch will be half as large.

Does that make any sense Chado??

Hope that clears it up for you all. lol
                        Questions, comments, complaints:
                        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
                          Rook, lets look at this from your diets perspective.

If you eat half as much your front porch will be half as large.

Does that make any sense Chado??

Hope that clears it up for you all. lol
                          LMAO....

Comment

Hey Rook, i think Dave is getting sick of me. You have no idea how many questions i keep asking him about youth baseball. lol

Dude prolly thinks i am a whack job. lol
                            Questions, comments, complaints:
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
                              Hey Rook, i think Dave is getting sick of me. You have no idea how many questions i keep asking him about youth baseball. lol

Dude prolly thinks i am a whack job. lol

He doesn't prolly think....he knows.

He's cursing me out for giving you his email address now.

Thanks buddy!

Comment

Working...
                              X