No announcement yet.

The No rthcoast Lie Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phil ste ele is a bum. i buy his magazine preview, not sure why though...

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
      phil ste ele is a bum. i buy his magazine preview, not sure why though...
      Hey-if you love football, there is nothing wrong with buying his magazines;there is a lot of informative stuff in there about the players and teams.
      That being said, I don't think they are of much value in picking pointspread winners once the season begins because each season is different;thus ats picks for individual games should be based on whatever is happening in the present and not past tense.

Comment

wow....32%

that has to be one of the worst year marks ive heard of.....

4k is a shit load of cash.....

i used to buy the gold sheet for $5 in the days before the internet.......not for the picks, but for the ATS stats. i thought northcoast was another rag on the shelf behind the counter, didn't realize the guy wanted that kind of coin for advice.....ridiculous

T

King T Sports Handicapping Service

www.KingTSports.net

Comment

The charge of $3750 for Executive Service kind of reminds me of a lawyer my brother and I just fired for asking for an exorbitant amount to do our inheritance for our recently deceased mother.
          This lawyer like Phil has a totally inflated opinion of himself and his worth.
          Based on last season's dismal 32.7%record and the fact that all of his stuff is posted for free, the value of his Executive Service is ZERO.
          ps in the case of my mom we found a competent lawyer who did the same work for about 25% of what first guy was asking for;the first lawyer wanted a percentage of the value of the estate(pretty high) irrespective of how much work he had to do-that was totally unacceptable to my brother and me.
          The same principle applies here-believe me if you want a service for the season, you can find want infinitely better than NC for a fraction of what that idiot is asking.

Comment

Where did you get this 32.7% record? Did you have all of his picks? Not doubting you, it just sounds so low. OUCH that has to be one of the worst records ever for a good handicapper.
            Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by casheasy
              Where did you get this 32.7% record? Did you have all of his picks? Not doubting you, it just sounds so low. OUCH that has to be one of the worst records ever for a good handicapper.
              the 32.7% was in the NFL as documented by one of the two major sports monitors(someone posted it, but I can't remember which one);his college football picks were just about as equally horrible last season.
              ps I wouldn't call him a good capper;beginning in 2002 NC has not received a grade higher than C from my book which objectively rates the cappers;last year NC received an overall grade of D- and I thought that was actually kind;it should have been an F.

Comment

savage-

you getting that book with the grades this year?

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                  savage-

you getting that book with the grades this year?
                  Not yet-I emailed the service-Winning Connection for it and have not heard from them yet;someone else did get the book, and that is where I heard about the D- rating for last year.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                    the 32.7% was in the NFL as documented by one of the two major sports monitors(someone posted it, but I can't remember which one);his college football picks were just about as equally horrible last season.
                    ps I wouldn't call him a good capper;beginning in 2002 NC has not received a grade higher than C from my book which objectively rates the cappers;last year NC received an overall grade of D- and I thought that was actually kind;it should have been an F.
                    Unfortunately for Poor Phull Stoole, he has a link
                    for The Sports Moniter on his own web site. I don't know
                    if its archived for last year, but Savage is correct with his
                    figures from last year. I have followed Phull for many years
                    and I expect he will bounce back somewhat from that
                    terrible outing last year, but he probably will hit about
                    50% this year meaning he is not profitable either as a play
                    or a fade.

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                    When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                    Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Originally posted by jcheckers
                      Unfortunately for Poor Phull Stoole, he has a link
                      for The Sports Moniter on his own web site. I don't know
                      if its archived for last year, but Savage is correct with his
                      figures from last year. I have followed Phull for many years
                      and I expect he will bounce back somewhat from that
                      terrible outing last year, but he probably will hit about
                      50% this year meaning he is not profitable either as a play
                      or a fade.
                      I agree with this.
                      The point is that with so many good cappers out there, many of whom post for free on various forums, I can't understand why anyone would want to commit with Phil for an entire season for nearly 4K.
                      In additon, virtually everyone of NC's plays are also postedc for FREE.
                      Thus, unless NC goes on an unbelievable tear and somehow his plays are no longer posted for free, I see purchasing any plan of his as a total waste of money;donate it to someone who really needs it like, eh Charlie, who must be broke and in deep debt by now.

Comment

Lets put it this way:
                        If NC had had a very good year in 2006 and all of the years before that were bad, all Phil would do is tell us how great service was for 2006 with no mention of other years.
                        He has done the opposite here-completely omitted 2006 and simply alluded to the years which were ok.
                        By my standards he is lying by omission, which is every bit as serious as lying by commission.

Comment

Working...
                        X