Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 28 MLB

July 28th, 2007

A very interesting night in MLB, with a wide variety of odd plays, weather, and comebacks marking a long day. Plays finish with a 5-5 mark up 0.60 units. The Phillies led 8-1 in the 8th inning before the game was called due to rain which voided an almost sure +120 winner. Even with that disappointment, the plays managed a small gain but are still behind for the week.

Arizona won their game 8-7 over Atlanta, but not without its share of anxiety along the way. The D'Backs took a commanding 7-0 lead to start the contest, only to see the Braves storm back to within 1 as the game headed to the 9th. Arizona closer, Valverde, #2 in NL saves with 31, got the first two outs with ease. After a two out walk to Escobar, Vlaverde and the entire infield fell asleep as Escobar took second as the pitcher was cleaning his cleats. Of course, the next hitter bloops a single to tie the game. Fortunately for the play, Arizona nailed an 11th inning HR to win the game.

The Giants fell behind 6-2 to Florida, despite an early HR from Barry Bonds. San Francisco unleashed a display of power as they seized control of the game 12-7 after 6 innings. However, needing to win the game by 2....Florida makes it nervous in the 9th before a nice catch ended the game with the Giants taking a 12-10 win. The GM for the Giants must feel like an absloute moron, as once again Barry Zito got hammered around the park in his short stint. The guy gets an incredible contract, yet he has turned into a pile of crap this season. SF is now 9-12 in his starts. My play on this game was certainly not an endorsement of him, but was in fact a play against the sliding Marlins.

Plenty of action for Saturday in MLB, including a pair of day-night doubleheaders. Even with the disappointment of the runline failure in the Phillies game (it was a good call), It is possible that I will have an extra play for the evening depending on the outcome of those first games of the doubleheaders. So check back at around 6p EDT to see if I add a play to the slate.

I have made up some ground over the past two days, but still need to gain some more. The teams are starting to fall back in line, and Saturday's slate appears to be solid and I will be backing some solid hurlers. If the teams streaking and sliding go for one more game, Saturday could be a nice one. Here are the plays I am making for what I hope to be a profitable day of MLB action.

Game 1 NY Mets (Hernandez) (-1.5) +105

Game 1 St Louis (Parra) -123

Houston (Oswalt) (-1.5) +145

Arizona (Davis) +126

Cincinnati (Harang) -116

Detroit (Miller) +115

Cleveland (Westbrook) +132

Toronto (Halladay) -127

Baltimore (Burres) +156

Kansas City (Perez) -102

Boston (Lester) -115

The VERY BEST OF LUCK on your action today!!!

King T

King T Sports Handicapping Service

www.KingTSports.net

good luck, T!

Comment

with their 8th straight win....Arizona helps my selections to what looks like a 4-1 start to the day.

detroit trials 6-3 in the 8th after having a 3-1 lead in their game.

both runlines win 3-1 and the Cardinals score 3 9th inning runs to win 7-6....

all close games that fall my way.

hopefully i can get some tokens out of the night session for a solid winning day.

GL King T

King T Sports Handicapping Service

www.KingTSports.net

Comment

Working...
      X