Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 15 MLB

July 15th, 2007

After the start of yesterday's slate, winning any games should be looke upon as a gift. The first three plays went to the toilet with the first two (St Louis, and Houston) taking a kick to the nuts. San Francisco made a late run that seem to breath some life into the day.

Kansas City won as a huge dog, holding off a late charge to win 6-5, Boston scored the last five to take a 9-4 win, and the Twins continued to win with a 4-3 count. Then the wind went out of the sails as Bobby "I Stinks" Jenks blew a save by throwing a wild pitch with the 2 outs in the 9th with the tying run on 3rd. The Sox went on to lose in 10 by a 6-5 count, that took away any chance of a decent session.

The biggest disappointment of the night had to be the Padres. After a solid 6 innings by Young, San Diego held a 4-1 lead. Then the bullpen and management went to work. The stiff out of the bullpen allowed five singles while only recording a scoring sac fly out, while the manager simply tucked his head and watched. Finally, the hook came out but not before the score was 4-3 with the bases loaded and only one out. Another sac fly tied the count, and the Padres lost the game 5-4. I can't stand to lose a favorite play, but losing this way is like chewing on a turd sandwich.

The night ended with a 4-7 mark that resulted in a loss of 2.42 units. Definitely not something to write home about, but in hindsight things could have been worse. The only solace is in knowing that my best days have come after losing sessions, so I will keep faith alive as I make the following plays for today...

Pittsburgh -- Maholm +140

Cincinnati -- Lohse +165

Houston -- Rodriguez +115

San Francisco -- Lowry -124

San Diego -- Germano +143

St Louis -- Wainwright +118

Cleveland -- Carmano (-1.5) -115

Chicago (AL) -- Contreas -110

Tampa Bay -- Jackson +180

Minnesota -- Bonser +107

Texas -- McCarthy +180

GOOD LUCK on all of your action today.