Rooksports Horses for Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooksports Horses for Friday

Ok guys...did alright yesterday, nothing to shout about, but we're gonna try something a bit different today then the norm. We'll see if it works.

Best Bets
    Aqueduct
    Race 1: #7 WPS
    Race 7: #4 WPS
    Race 9: #10 WPS (very very nice moneyline 10/1)

Bay Meadows:
    Race 7: #8 WPS

Fair Grounds
    Race 6: #7 WPS
    Race 7: #9 WPS
    Race 9: #6 WPS

Hawthorn (and I haven't looked at Nex's picks yet!!)
    Race 1: #7 WPS
    Race 2: #7 WPS
    Race 8: #1 WPS

Hollywood Park
    Race 7: #6 WPS

Also gonna have some nice longshots that I feel have a very good chance of getting us some money.

All these are 1/2 unit plays on WIN ONLY. We really only need to cash roughly 14% of these and we can still profit nicely, and that in the end is what we're after. (My WPS is $2 each, so I just place $1 on the win for these)

Beulah Park (morning line odds)
    Race 4: #8 (15/1 ML)
    Race 4: #2 (12/1 ML)
    Race 8: #6 (10/1 ML)

Bay Meadows
    Race 2: #4 (15/1 ML)
    Race 4: #1 (15/1 ML)

Calder Race Course
    Race 8: #6 (10/1 ML)

Fairgrounds
    Race 2: #3 (10/1 ML)
    Race 10: #12 (12/1 ML)

Hawthorn
    Race 2: #7 (10/1 ML)

Hollywood:
    Race 5: #14 (30/1 ML) LOVE THIS HORSE!
    Race 5: #10 (15/1 ML)

Shoud have some night races later on today.....

Good luck to all that follow today, hopefully we can cash a few winners.

gl with the ponies rook !

Comment

Good luck Kapt, I mean Rook

Comment

thanks buddy,

you guys thawing out up there?

Comment

Originally posted by longnex
          Good luck Kapt, I mean Rook

Hurry up and get your Hawthorn picks up there...I want to see if we agree.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook

Hurry up and get your Hawthorn picks up there...I want to see if we agree.
            I didnt have a chance to look today. Hopefully Bill and I trained you right. I will just play your picks today. Call me when you get a chance.

Comment

Good Luck Rook, that is a lot of plays. Like your idea on the longshots, may tag along
              2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71
                Good Luck Rook, that is a lot of plays. Like your idea on the longshots, may tag along

Yep, and we've talked about it....trying to find out where i'm at my best...and then when the time is right to narrow down the fields.

These longshots are just what they say...longshots, however while I was researching these odds compared to what they should be....I have seen profits just about every time.

It's a cheap way to make some good profits. Just a buck to win. If we won only 2 out of 10 ...with these horses at 8/1 or more..that's a minimum 80% profit. who cares about the winning percentage right?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
                  Yep, and we've talked about it....trying to find out where i'm at my best...and then when the time is right to narrow down the fields.

These longshots are just what they say...longshots, however while I was researching these odds compared to what they should be....I have seen profits just about every time.

It's a cheap way to make some good profits. Just a buck to win. If we won only 2 out of 10 ...with these horses at 8/1 or more..that's a minimum 80% profit. who cares about the winning percentage right?
                  Absolutely correct. With post time favorites only winning about 28% of all races, it makes sense to always stay away from chalk. That is also a good reason to always caveat your picks to say that people MUST pay attention to the Tote board when betting.

Look at the first at Aqueduct today. One inside post play on the #1 in this race to get on top of the favorite, and you are set for the day.

One suggestion though is to look at the "line" you drew in the sand at 8-1. You may want to look at 6-1 instead and track this percentage. Just something I have seen.

Good Luck
                  2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71

One suggestion though is to look at the "line" you drew in the sand at 8-1. You may want to look at 6-1 instead and track this percentage. Just something I have seen.

Good Luck

I will do that....thanks. Good point.

Comment

Good luck John
                      Questions, comments, complaints:
                      [email protected]

Comment

gl to ya Rook----kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
                        X