Two (2) Free Ncaa Selections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two (2) Free Ncaa Selections!

HEY GUYS...SAD DAY HERE AS I HAVE FORMALLY RETIRED THE NAME SPORTS GURU. SINCE I MADE UP THAT NAME 5 YEARS AGO IT HAS BEEN CONSTANTLY COPIED AND I HAVE TAKEN TO MUCH FLACK FOR OTHERS WHO HAVE SIMILIAR NAMES THAT ARE NOT ME.

I'VE NEVER BEEN A BIG TOUTER AS I BELIEVE THEY ARE ALL SCAMMERS. THE WAY I HANDICAPP IS THAT I TELL YOU EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT A CERTAIN SELECTION AND I ALLOW THE PERSON TO MAKE HIS OWN MIND UP ABOUT IT. I PLAY EVERYTHING THAT I RELEASE WITH MY OWN MONEY, AND TO DATE I HAVE NEVER HAD A LOSING SEASON AFTER FIVE YEARS OF HANDICAPPING

IF YOUR INTERESTED IN A FULL PICK PACKAGE PLEASE GO TO...
    http://www.pregame.com/pregamepros/B...?CapperId=4417

--------------------------------------------------
    TULSA (2 - 1) at NAVY (3 - 0)
    Week 4 Saturday, 9/23/2006 1:30 PM

Analysis

Tulsa (2-1) has a very strong and balanced offense behind QB Paul Smith, averaging 26 points, 104 yards rushing and 248 passing. The Golden Hurricanes have the 27th ranked offense in the NCAA. They got roasted at BYU, losing 49-26, but had an easier time last week against a weak North Texas offense. QB Paul Smith threw for 266 yards and two touchdowns after overcoming a sloppy start, and Brandon Diles ran for two scores as Tulsa beat North Texas 28-3 on Saturday. Still, Tulsa allowed 227 yards rushing to BYU and Navy has the best rushing attack in the country, which although is a cause for concern, will be addressed later in this analysis. Meanwhile, Navy (3-0) was lucky to escape with a 21-20 win over Division I-AA Massachusetts after fumbling seven times, losing four, and throwing an interception. But they showed how good they really are last week in a stunning 38-9 win at Stanford as a +2 dog! Reggie Campbell ran for 110 yards and two touchdowns as Navy had 368 rushing yards! Navy relies almost exclusively on the run in its option offense, but is loaded with speed and is tough to defend. Indeed, only West Virginia has rushed the ball better than the Midshipmen to start the 2006 season.

As I promised, Im going to address Tulsas 49-26 loss to BYU where they gave up 227 yards rushing. What hurt Tulsa in that game is the fact that they faced a very balanced BYU offense. In comparison, Navy is one dimensional and only passes the football about 8% of the time. Moreover, the size disadvantage at the line of scrimmage that hurt Tulsa when it was routed by BYU two weeks ago doesn't exist here. From a schematic standpoint, Tulsa's preparation should be helped immensely by the fact that fourth-year coach Steve Kragthorpes team played (and beat) Rice each of the last three seasons when Rice still was running a triple option similar to Navy's. Tulsas unusual 3-3-5 defensive alignment means that its DBs are familiar with providing run support, which they must do in this game. That, right there, is a red flag against Navy, coming off two games vs. East Carolina and Stanford defenses. East Carolina is in the early stages of playing a lousy 3-3-5, yet covered vs. Navy. Stanford couldnt devote the necessary time and attention to deviate from their norm, and Stanfords offense couldnt sustain any drives, which allowed Navys clock-eating offense to stay on the field and wear down Stanfords defense. That wont happen here as Tulsa has a much better offensive system than Stanford currently does and has the ability if necessary to trade points with this Navy team. Situationally, this is also a revenge game. Two years ago, when Steve Kragthorpe was in the process of rebuilding the Tulsa football program, the Midshipmen rode into town and destroyed Tulsa 29-0! Technically, Tulsa is 8-1 ATS in its last nine road games and Navy is 4-17 ATS at home against an opponent off a SU win, so an SU win is not out of the question. Considering that Midshipmen just avenged a win at Stanford last Saturday and have three others revengers waiting on deckthey might not all that interested this Saturday. Upset all the way!

Verdict: Navy 21, Tulsa 28
    PLAY 1* UNIT ON TULSA +5.5

MINNESOTA (2 - 1) at PURDUE (3 - 0)
    Week 4 Saturday, 9/23/2006 12:00 PM

Analysis

Two of the nation's five highest scoring offenses hook up in what could be the most entertaining games of the college weekend. But can anybody tell me why Minnesota is favored here? The Minnesota Gophers (2-1 SU & ATS) destroyed Kent State and Temple by a combined 106-0, but does that really mean anything to anybody? I actually heard one TV personally boast about their defense and how solid it wasare you kidding me! While Minnesota blanked two of the nation's worst teams (Kent State and Temple), a more accurate representation about their defense (or lack their of) was on display at Cal. The Gophers allowed 42 points and over 500 yards to the Bears. Meanwhile, The Boilermakers of Purdue (3-0 SU & 0-2 ATS) will open Big 10 play with a 3- 0 record as they've outscored Indiana State, Miami of Ohio and Ball State by a combined score of 136-94. Offense with head coach Joe Tiller's 'basketball on grass' system isn't going to be the problem as sophomore quarterback Curtis Painter passed for a career high 416 yards last week. The 38-28 win over a decent Ball State squad was far more lopsided than the score would indicate, as the Cardinals struck for two late scores after the issue was long settled. Purdue has vulnerability in their secondary, which is being manned by two true frosh plus a JC transfer. But their front seven looks solid, and the key to success vs. Minnesota is keeping their ground game in check (9th ranked in NCAA) and forcing them to throw. Luckily, Minnesota is not a passing team and thank god because Purdues secondary is atrocious allowing 912 yards through the air in their three games. Situationally, Purdue is also looking to revenge their bizarre overtime loss to the Gophers last season. In their seven previous games against the Gophers, Purdue scored at least 28 in each while racking up six wins and covers (only loss was last year's double overtime setback in Bloomington). The Boilers are a strong 15-5 ATS in their last 20 stops as home dogs when scoring 21 or more. Conversely, Minnesota is a perfect 0-16 against the number the last 16 times the Gophers allowed 28 or more on the road and Minnesota is also 1-9 ATS off a double digit win when on the road against a winning team. So the Technical numbers also support us. You know what to dothe wrong team is favored here.

Verdict: Purdue 35, Minnesota 28
    OPINION SELECTION ON PURDUE +3

Bump

Comment

Ethan Law Is On Fire!

I'VE NEVER BEEN A BIG TOUTER AS I BELIEVE THEY ARE ALL SCAMMERS. THE WAY I HANDICAPP IS THAT I TELL YOU EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT A CERTAIN SELECTION AND I ALLOW THE PERSON TO MAKE HIS OWN MIND UP ABOUT IT. I PLAY EVERYTHING THAT I RELEASE WITH MY OWN MONEY, AND TO DATE I HAVE NEVER HAD A LOSING SEASON AFTER FIVE YEARS OF HANDICAPPING. LAST WEEK I WENT AN IMPRESSIVE 12-4 OVERALL HIGHLIGHTED BY GOING 6-1 IN THE NFL!

IF YOUR INTERESTED IN A FULL PICK PACKAGE PLEASE GO TO...

ETHAN LAW'S HOMEPAGE!

--------------------------------------------------
      HOUSTON (4 - 0) at MIAMI (1 - 2)
      Week 5 Saturday, 9/30/2006 6:00 PM

Analysis

I had to think long and hard about this game for one reason only…I have never (in my handicapping career) went against a 100% negative trend. The trend I am referring to is Miami’s 0-9 ATS records in games played coming of their bye week. Well I guess there has to be first time for everything, so we are going to nevertheless to back Miami on Saturday. After playing 3 straight home games, Houston goes on the road against an ANGRY bunch of Hurricanes. Miami has had two weeks to sit and stew about its 31-7 loss at Louisville. Houston (4-0 SU & 2-1 ATS), an surprising undefeated team coming into this contest, has a talented offense behind senior quarterback Kevin Kolb, that is averaging 38 points and 312 yards passing. Lets be honest with ourselves though…they haven't been tested much either, as their wins came against Rice (barely), Tulane, Grambling State and most recently Oklahoma State. In their most recent win, Kolb threw for 313 yards and four touchdowns to propel Houston to the 34-25 win over Oklahoma State. Kolb, who is the active career leader in Division I-A completions, passing yards and total offense, was 21 of 28 and had touchdown passes of 42, 33, 27 and 7 yards. Meanwhile, Miami (1-2 SU & 0-2 ATS) lost its big showdowns with Florida State and Louisville, struggling badly on offense. By scoring just 17 points in the two losses, they have now fallen out of the top-25 for the first time in 107 weeks. Junior QB Kyle Wright (one TD, one INT) leads the erratic offense and Miami head coach Larry Coker is under fire, getting out coached in 2 of 3 games. Miami’s offensive woes have continued, as the Hurricanes are 72nd nationally in scoring offense with an average of 22.6 points per game. Miami is 53rd in passing offense (211.3 yards) and 60th in rushing (135).

Houston we have a problem! A big problem! Simply put, this is a situational nightmare for the visiting Cougars who will now have to play a very prideful Miami team that has now had two weeks to stew, while taking on constant criticism. They have gotten a ton of negative publicity for their 1-2 start as well as their 1-2 finish last year and just when nobody and their mother wants them, we are going to step in here and back the Hurricanes. Often overlooked is the fact that their two losses were against top-15 teams (both with stifling defenses) so its not like they played teams that are not some of the best in the country! This week there will be a significant drop-off in terms of speed and talent as nobody should ever confuse Houston with the likes of Florida State or Louisville, so Miami should be able to put it together against this small Houston defense. The Houston defense allowed 450 yards to Oklahoma State last week and they will struggle to stop Miami this week. Eight of the last ten Hurricanes' wins have been by 18 points or more, so it isn't like they are just barely winning games when they are favored. Miami's problems have come when they have faced stellar competition that has exposed their recent offensive problems. Houston has also had a miserable time when stepping up in class, losing 38-24 at home to Oregon in 2005, and losing 63-13 at Oklahoma and 65-27 to Louisville two years ago. In those contests, Houston gave up over 500 yards. Miami will get the offense on track this week and get a nice win and cover over the Cougars. The fact that Miami players and couches have vowed to return to the top 25 before seasons end cements this selection. Blowout!

Verdict: Miami Fl 42, Houston 14
      PLAY 1* UNIT ON MIAMI -16.5

NAVY (3 - 1) at CONNECTICUT (2 - 1)
      Week 5 Saturday, 9/30/2006 12:00 PM

Analysis

Neither of these clubs are pleased with what they did last week. Navy (3-1 SU & 2-2 ATS) was lucky to escape with a 21-20 win over Division I-AA Massachusetts after fumbling seven times, losing four, and throwing an interception. That poor play caught up with them last week when I released a rated selection on Tulsa who beat Navy 24-23. They lost on a blocked an extra-point attempt on the final play! Reggie Campbell and senior QB Brian Hampton lead this devastating ground game. Navy had 368 rushing yards in a win at Stanford, then had 283 against Tulsa. Navy relies almost exclusively on the run in its option offense, and is loaded with speed. Meanwhile, UConn (2-1 SU & ATS) also has a strong ground game, behind senior running back Terry Caulley. Caulley came back from an injury and ran for 155 yards as UConn won 14-7 at Indiana Saturday. UConn's defense was bludgeoned by Division 1-AA Rhode Island in the opener giving up 198 rush yards, and the Uconn kids should have all sorts of trouble on Saturday as Navy is tougher (and much faster) to defend! Its probably going to far by saying that Navy is in a different class the Connecticut, but I can confidently say they are most certainly on a different level then the huskies right now. Navy has succeeded against a lot of different kinds of opponent and prey on one-dimensional offenses. With a struggling passing game Connecticut certainly qualifies as a one-dimensional offense right now. From a technical standpoint Navy simply dominates. Although that have struggled at home lately (Navy has failed to cover three straight in Annapolis), the Middies are 21-7 against the number in the Paul Johnson era when they take to the road. Navy is also a solid 13-2 ATS in the first of back-to-back road games and 16-5 ATS in their last 21 road chances overall. With UConn's offense tripping over itself (Huskies have gone nine lined games in a row without scoring 28), the Middies have an excellent chance to cover here. Navy is 41-10 in its last 51 road games when allowing less than 28. Jose, can you see!

Verdict: Navy 24, Connecticut 14
      PLAY 1* UNIT ON NAVY +2.5

Comment

your funny!

Comment

Im Not Sure Whats Funny Or Why I Am?

Comment

Working...
          X