Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed Ncaa Plays Week #1 (update #1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed Ncaa Plays Week #1 (update #1)

MODS: THIS MESSAGE WAS PRE-APPROVED BY KOSMO(THE OWNER OF THE SITE) SO PLEASE CONSULT HIM BEFORE DELETING.

THANKS FOR KOSMO FOR LETTING ME POST THIS AGAIN. TAKING REQUESTS FOR THE 2006 FOOTBALL NEWSLETTER PACKAGE. THIS IS A COST SHARING PROGRAM (I AM NOT A TOUT) AND THE PACKAGE INCLUDES WELL OVER $2200 (16 NEWSLETTERS) IN INFORMATION AND LASTS ABOUT 22 WEEKS. IN ADDITION THOSE WHO SUPPORT THE PACKAGE WILL GET AS A BONUS ALL OF MY PLAYS THAT I DO NOT RELEASE ON THE FORUM.

IF YOUR INTERESTED IN A TWO WEEK FREE TRIAL TO SEE WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT SEND ME AN EMAIL TO [email protected] AND I WILL PUT YOU ON THE LIST. THE COST FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON IS ONLY $160-$200 DEPENDING ON WHICH PACKAGE YOU SELECT. I WILL NEVER SPAM YOU AFTER THE TWO WEEKS ARE OVER.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    HELLO EVERYBODY AND WELCOME TO THE 2006 FOOTBALL SEASON. HOPE EVERYBODY IS WELL RESTED FOR THIS YEAR AND READY TO MAKE SOME MONEY. FOR THOSE NEWCOMERS I HAVE BEEN HANDICAPPING FOOTBALL FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS AND TO DATE HAVE NEVER HAD A LOSING SEASON. FOOTBALL IS MY FAVORITE SPORT I HANDICAP AND SPEND CLOSE TO 35 HOURS EACH AND EVERY WEEK. I PLAY EVERY GAME WITH MY OWN MONEY THAT I RELEASE SO IF YOU LOSE I LOSE AND I DO NOT LIKE TO LOSE. AS ALWAYS, BEST OF LUCK IF YOU DECIDE TO PLAY.

NOTE: IF THE LINE MOVES MORE THEN 2.5 POINTS OFF THE NUMBER THAT IS POSTED THEN IT IS A NO PLAY. THAT MEANS I WILL HAVE HEDGED MY BET.

5* MY TOP PLAY...VERY RARE (23-8 ) LAST 5 YEARS IN FOOTBALL (74%)
    4* HIGH RATED SELECTION ONLY WHEN ALOT OF GAMES ON THE CARD TO CHOSE FROM (WELL OVER 60%)

3* EXCEPTIONAL PLAY USUALLY HIGHEST WHEN ONLY A FEW GAMES
    2* PROBABLE COVER (MOST COMMON RATING)
    1* A GAME THAT SHOULD COVER

OPINION PLAY: GAME THAT I THINK MAY WIN BUT OFTEN JUST TO WATCH A GAME OR A LEAN USUALLY 1/2 A UNIT.
    SUMMARY OF THURSDAY NCAA SELECTIONS:
    1* MINNESOTA -15.5 Added
    1* UTEP +2.5 Added
    MINNESOTA (7 - 5) at KENT ST (1 - 10)
    Week 1 Thursday, 8/31/2006 7:30 PM
    http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/.../80x60/mmn.gif vs. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/.../80x60/kkc.gif

Analysis

And so the 2006 College football season begins. Those who have followed me in the past know I am more of an underdog better then a big chalk player but this one might just be too good to pass up. Just like last year, when Minnesota torched Tulsa in its opening game, the table looks to be set for the Gophers on Thursday. Historically, Minnesota has been a very fast starting team, which was evidenced by last years 46.3 points per game their first three contests. Last season, Minnesota was also one of the most prolific rushing teams in the nation, finishing third in the NCAA averaging 273.1 rush yards per game and the Gophers are the only team in the nation to have rushed and passed for 2,000 yards in each of the past seven seasons. Minnesota now get to face an opponent who are coming off a 1-10 season, and perhaps even worse for them is the fact that they play their home games on artificial turf. That last point is the most important, as Minnesota is built for speed on its artificial turf/indoor stadium. Minnesota ripped its opponents on turf in 2005 by a 41-28 average. The Gopher ground game has senior RB Amir Pinnix while Senior QB Bryan Cupito is a veteran signal caller and passed for 2,530 yards with 19 touchdowns and only 9 interceptions last fall.

Meanwhile, lowly Kent State averaged just 45.9 yards rushing last season, a distinction that put them worst in the nation! Their defense was atrocious last year allowing a whopping 202.5 yards rushing and 190.6 passing per game in 2005 and they played one Big 10 team, losing 49-14 to Michigan State as a 20-point dog. Now here’s where it gets good. Kent is 0-14 SU, 5-8 ATS its last 14 as an underdog, while Minnesota is an amazing 15-2 ATS on the road when the Gophers run for 200 or more, including ten straight wins and covers since 2001. So the question is really simple…can Minnesota run for more than 200 yards in this contest? Considering Kent averaged 202.5 against some pretty horrible teams the answer most certainly has to be YES! Oh by the way, the Gophers have 19 straight non-conference regular season wins with their average margin of victory of 27 points. Caveat Emptor “buyer beware” because I am concerned that this is most certainly a public selection as the latest numbers show 74% of bets being placed on this game are for Minnesota and the line has not budged off the -15.5. Oh well lets still take a shot…so lay it.

Thursday’s Forecast: Minnesota 41, Kent 10
    THURSDAY: PLAY 1* UNIT ON MINNESOTA -15.5

UTEP (8 - 4) at SAN DIEGO ST (5 - 7)
    Week 1 Thursday, 8/31/2006 10:30 PM
    http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/.../80x60/ttl.gif vs. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/.../80x60/ssb.gif

Analysis

One of the best parts about going to a bowl game the prior year is that a head coach gets one month of extra practice, as well as an extra game, to get some experience into next season's plans. San Diego State hasn't had that bonus in five years, and now they have a new head coach and new staff of assistants. That just sets them back further against a UTEP team coming off two straight bowl appearances. Like last year, Mike Tice and UTEP have another loaded team offensively. In 2005, they averaged 31.8 points, 122 yards rushing and 300 passing per game! The Miners have 19 starters returning, led by star senior QB Jordan Palmer (3,503 yards, 29 touchdowns, 19 interceptions in 2005). UTEP also picked up junior transfer Lorne Sam, who played wide receiver at Florida State for two years before transferring to UTEP and sitting out last season. Defensively, UTEP will also be better then last years version as their defensive line returns seven seniors, including five players (Justin Hanel, Alex Obomese, Joe Ward, Justin Watson, Zach West) who have all started games for the Miners. "I feel very blessed with the depth we have," UTEP defensive tackles coach Ikaika Malloe said. "It will give us the ability to roll eight and sometimes 10 people out there, and hopefully wear down the opposing offensive line. We expect to cause some kind of chaos on every down."

Meanwhile, San Diego State will open the season with a new head coach in Chuck Long (offensive coordinator for Oklahoma last season). However, Long's staff is big on Big 12 experience, but they certainly don't know much about this UTEP squad, which is led by a bunch of crafty ex-Pac 10 coaches. Junior quarterback Kevin O'Connell (19 TDs, 12 picks) leads the offense, and he is a mobile quarterback (402 rush yards last fall). But the SDSU defense gave up too many rushing yards (27 points, 185 rushing yards per game), which will be a problem here against a potent, veteran (29 seniors), and balanced UTEP attack. Another problem is Long’s overall offensive ideology. Long will want a “smash-mouth, fewer mistakes from the SDS offense”, but UTEP will be able to move the football against anyone, and a conservative attack is not necessarily the right kind of approach to win against an opponent like this.

I wouldn’t pay any credence into Mike Price’s recent press quotes about injuries to his team. UTEP is deeper than he leads people to believe after having a lot of D-line and RB injuries last season. Overall, one Long has some more time with this team, he should bring SDSU into the forefront of the conference but he needs a little time to get things going his way. Texas El Paso is ready now! Mike Price was embarrassed by his team’s collapse last season (one local pundit has renamed the squad Texas El Foldo) and has pointed to this game since spring drills. I think it also helps that the Miners are better on both sides of the ball and own many fundamental match-up advantages over the home team. Take the points!

Thursday’s Forecast: UTEP 34, San Diego St 27
    THURSDAY: PLAY 1* UNIT ON UTEP +2.5

This Post Should Be In The Main Section.

Comment

Gl Who Is Kosmo?
      2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
      2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
      2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

The Nickname For The Owner Of This Site...also Called Montey

Comment

monty please IM so we can discuss this post being moved again!

Comment

Nice to make your aquaintence Guru, i read the other post and hope you dont take off before talking to the head cheese. Im sure he has some reason for what happend. Just my thought and thanks for the informative post
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

always like reading your analysis - thanks!

Comment

thanks Guru----I remember you from last year----the two plays you posted are both part of my top rated plays for today, including the OVER in the UTEP game..........appreciate it.......

Have patience---Monte will be back and he can handle your request as he sees fit.........

Spark is the Mod here, and a damn good and fair one.......He's not aware, or privy to any info as to where you were allowed to do this in the All Sports Section.........so he did what he has to do......when Monte returns, it'll work out or not---up to you and him.......

Don't hold anything against Spark, he does a good job, and was doing it again.......

GL to ya----kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Suprise suprise...perfection again. Easy money tonight...sorry i cannot post in the regular section since i still have no heard anything from monte.

Comment

Way to go SG...
                    Remember the three R's:
                    Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

keep the winners coming as usual guru
                      its a shame you got to take BS from people on here
                      you post the same info at various sites and not one gives you trouble but here
                      I love bover1! He brings the man out in me!

Comment

Nice job Guru.

Comment

Working...
                        X