X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Nascar "Survivor" Pool

“NASCAR SURVIVOR”

Believe it or not, It's back!!!!!

I just sent payments out and the next season has already arrived.

I won it last year and I finished in 2nd two years ago. You think you can knock me off my throne? Give it a try!

This is Year 12 of the Nascar Survivor Pool. The last 11 have come down to the final race (CRAZY) and the 2014 Season starts next month!

Price: $25 to play

League Rules- Pick one driver every week without using any driver twice during the season. Only Nascar point races count. You will receive the driver points awarded each week for the driver you choose. The points will be applied from NASCAR.COM

If you use a driver twice or forget to turn in a pick, you will be given zero points for that race. To be eligible for the last place prize, you MUST get positive points in every race. A Double pick or No pick, eliminates you from that prize.

You will have to use almost every driver (36 in all), so use them wisely! There will be a standings sheet emailed out every week of a point’s race on Monday or Tuesday night. The sheet with everyone’s Driver will be emailed out before the start of each race so you can see who the people above and below you have. We list the driver and points on the sheet so You can keep track of your own drivers.

The Person at the end of the season with the most points will be the winner!

Double Pick - Again this season,you will be allowed to use any One Driver twice. This way, your 1st Double Pick will not count against you. Now if you pick a scrub for the 2nd time by mistake, it will still count as your 1 driver used twice. It will be your mistake but it still beats a zero. Most will use someone who is in the Top 5 in points twice but the choice is up to you. People who have used their one driver twice will receive a * next to their name to let everyone know. If we forget to put the * and you use a driver for the 2nd time, twice, it still falls on you for not keeping track.

Deadline - The Daytona 500 is Sunday February 23rd. With that race and every one there after, the deadline to turn in picks is 12 PM est. of race day. Be careful as there are also Saturday races. There will be absolutely no picks accepted after the sheet goes out and the green flag has dropped for any race.

Turning in Picks - It doesn't matter if it is a 1 pm race or a 8 pm race guys, the deadline is 12 pm est. on race day. That is Eastern Standard time so adjust your time zone accordingly. I don't care if it is 12:05 and you send your pick. The deadline is 12:00 and we are sticking to it. It is your fault if your pick is late, not mine. I also will be accepting NO excuses for why your pick did not get to me. I've heard things like i lost power, i had to go to the hospital, i had car problems, i sent it yesterday and you didn't receive it and i sent it to the wrong email address. I'm sorry for all your misfortunes BUT the rules are the rules and if you send it well in advance, you can avoid any issues. You should also send it to both of my email address'. If you send it to both, i guarantee i'll get it. I have the Yahoo email listed and you can also send it to the Roadrunner email addy that the standings are sent out from.

Signing up - Play as many as you like. To sign up, reply here and send me a email for payment details. Your first pick and money must be turned in before the Daytona 500 on February 23rd. Prize money will be set when we have the total number of players figured and all have paid.

Please do not wait until the last minute to enter if you are interested. It will be much easier for me to get it set up with a little time to spare before Daytona as it is only about 6 weeks away and counting before they drop the Green Flag!!!

Reply here and email me for payment info ***********************

Good Luck & Enjoy!

YES!!!!!! 53 MORE DAYS!!!

Will you be emailing this out to everyone who entered last year?

Comment

Can't wait!!! Need to pick up my game again. Been pitiful the last few years after back to back championships!!!

Fired my crew chief after last season though and ready to roll again

Comment

In Wayne. Got me by a point. And beat my Cardinals
        Payback time. LOL
        Thx
        Peave
        redbirds

Comment

Prolly down for three teams again. Still waiting for my check Which, if you haven't sent, just use for one of my teams.
          You don't care for the idea of collecting an extra dollar$ or two$$ per player, to increase the payout on the last place consolation or Boobie prize? Tracy M and I had quite a spirited battle going down to the wire. I like the Dumpster diving play so you have something to play for, even if your season goes slideways.... Four or five DNF's early in the season is impossible to recover from. Just ask KB .....

Dumpster diving for

gl to all

Comment

Originally posted by Ldawg View Post
            Prolly down for three teams again. Still waiting for my check Which, if you haven't sent, just use for one of my teams.
            You don't care for the idea of collecting an extra dollar$ or two$$ per player, to increase the payout on the last place consolation or Boobie prize? Tracy M and I had quite a spirited battle going down to the wire. I like the Dumpster diving play so you have something to play for, even if your season goes slideways.... Four or five DNF's early in the season is impossible to recover from. Just ask KB .....

Dumpster diving for

gl to all
            ****************************** The Reese Bobby Award ******************************

"If you ain't first, your last!"
            Reese Bobby

Comment

Dumpster diving for

gl to all

If you don't send an address dawg, you don't get a check. I don't chase anybody down to give them money. I do enough chasing to get it for these pools.

Comment

Dumpster diving for

gl to all

And no. The pool wasn't intended for people who suck in last, it was intended for winners!

That prize is there to simply keep people from quitting when they fall way behind. You may have had a spirited battle with her but to be honest, I don't think anybody except you two knew or cared.

Comment

Four or five DNF's early in the season is impossible to recover from.
                  Try this, pick better drivers!

Comment

Will u send an email to everyone who played last year?

Comment

Yes doc I will

Comment

Well fvck u too wayne! I've had the same addy for four years didn't realize we needed to resend it every year. Don't get cocky just because you got lucky and didn't suffer that many DNF's.

Comment

2012 - 13 Season

Wayne2 had 4 DNF's on the year

Wayne had 9 DNF's there's your difference.

Boils down to a game of LUCK... granted you have to put yourself in a POSITION to be lucky. You can not predict a DNF so, sometimes you choose a GOOD driver but suffer a BAD result.... bottom line LUCK!

Comment

I keep NO address' dawg. Never have, never will. I get the email and put the address on an envelope. No email, no envelope. Also, not getting cocky, just not interested in rewarding failure as much as you are.

Comment

2012 - 13 Season

Wayne2 had 4 DNF's on the year

Wayne had 9 DNF's there's your difference.

Boils down to a game of LUCK... granted you have to put yourself in a POSITION to be lucky. You can not predict a DNF so, sometimes you choose a GOOD driver but suffer a BAD result.... bottom line LUCK!
                              Yup, and not once on that other team did I ever think hey, I can get the best suck prize. Always trying to move UP. Just my mentality I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X