Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Overs ... Great Video

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80924c91

That is cool....but the question is what's the cost of a fly over and who foots the bill, the NFL or US tax payer?

With the price of fuel these days they should just pipe in the sound of a fly over!
    Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NEJAKE
      That is cool....but the question is what's the cost of a fly over and who foots the bill, the NFL or US tax payer?

With the price of fuel these days they should just pipe in the sound of a fly over!
      It still falls on the taxpayers but it comes out of the local bases in the area.Even though it's ceremonial they use it as a training mission and therefore the Nfl,Nascar and anyone else that has a flyover is not paying.

Comment

Nothing gives me goosebumps like seeing a fly over live! Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
          Nothing gives me goosebumps like seeing a fly over live! Awesome
          It is awesome, but I do wonder what the dollar figure is for one.
          Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NEJAKE

Tax payers foot the bill, the air force justifies it calling it advertising.

I have a Nephew in the Air force, he did a fly over at the Louisville Miami Fl game 2 years ago, it was awesome
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
              Tax payers foot the bill, the air force justifies it calling it advertising.

I have a Nephew in the Air force, he did a fly over at the Louisville Miami Fl game 2 years ago, it was awesome
              Louisville has a football team?
              2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

FWIW...The DoD estimates that the average cost of pilot / ground crew training missions is around $2,800 per filight hour (varies obviously depending upon type of aircraft). Having been on Air Force bases all my life, I can say that every flyover, though primarily viewed by the public as PR, does constitute required pilot training and essentially, if these crews weren't doing the flyovers they would be doing a different training mission albeit not necesarily on the same day or in the same place. So, at the end of the day, there is no "additional" DoD cost for those missions. BTW, virtually every flyover and most of the training flights we see over the States are done by Reservists and ANG units. Interestingly, there are some aspects of a typical flyover that can't really be practiced in any other alternative training mission.

Comment

Originally posted by umreb78
                  FWIW...The DoD estimates that the average cost of pilot / ground crew training missions is around $2,800 per filight hour (varies obviously depending upon type of aircraft). Having been on Air Force bases all my life, I can say that every flyover, though primarily viewed by the public as PR, does constitute required pilot training and essentially, if these crews weren't doing the flyovers they would be doing a different training mission albeit not necesarily on the same day or in the same place. So, at the end of the day, there is no "additional" DoD cost for those missions. BTW, virtually every flyover and most of the training flights we see over the States are done by Reservists and ANG units. Interestingly, there are some aspects of a typical flyover that can't really be practiced in any other alternative training mission.
                  Yea what he said

Comment

Working...
                  X