Poker advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker advice

I keep getting to the money in tournements, I jusut cannot get to the final table, I hover around 3 times the original chip count and for whatever reason, I make a mistake or get nickled and dimed to death so I have to go all in to get through the blinds...Is there any simple advice or just trial and error? I know we have some poker pro's around, so any help would be great....Thanks!
    Joe Thorton for MVP

Fats,

I offer a great poker training tool at my website. Click on the link in my signature so that I can get you information to send you something.
    "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan
      Fats,

I offer a great poker training tool at my website. Click on the link in my signature so that I can get you information to send you something.

Fats,

Jimmy is right on the money. He introduced me to his site as well, and i've played...honestly 100% better then before. Simple shit you wouldn't think about, but it's gotten me in that final table numerous times.

I even beat Jimmy once!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
        I even beat Jimmy once!!
        I felt sorry for you

Comment

Lol

Comment

LSU-I could use some tips too.
            It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Griffey

Originally posted by griffey_mojo
              LSU-I could use some tips too.
              I just tried calling you, but got a "not in service" message.

I just e-mailed you further info. If you have further questions, call me.

Comment

Just got out drawn.....2 nd time today...Finished 4th!!!! KK vs J8 suited and get out drawn.....Christ sake!!!!
                Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

Originally posted by fats12
                  Just got out drawn.....2 nd time today...Finished 4th!!!! KK vs J8 suited and get out drawn.....Christ sake!!!!
                  In the long run, you'll get all the money. Just keep putting your money in with the best hand. The odds are in your favor. Good Luck Buddy!!!

Comment

I am just so into this right now, learning is killing the bank book, but gosh it is fun!!!
                    Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

fats- I know people call with some shitty hands on the net but if once you get to the money you must take some risks when you are short stacked. Move in with a weak ace sometimes, or anytime you feel everyone might fold. Taking those risks can steal you blinds and the worst thing that happens is you get called and double up or bust but at least you'll be going out trying to improve your chip position rather than sitting and waiting for only top hands that will get called down due to your lack of chips. Play solid cards but take some risks and you'll pick up the blinds which late in a tourney is huge. GL
                      Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Thats great advise ELjugo, thanks...I do find myself at times being way too conservative, especially on sit and go tourny, were once you get to the final four it is tight as hell.........I will keep that in mind, thaks a lot!!!
                        Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

Glad to help, remember this: people tend to think that because they're on the net and that promotes action hands and speed plays so somebody always has a good hand, not true, there are thousands of hands dealt where nobody has anything. That's why the guys who are raising steal all the chips. If you want to win a tourney you have to become the raiser because you have to get all the chips. Late in a tourney there won't be as many flops seen so go for it. Put your foot down and become the leader, if you raise with dogshit and they move in then lay it down but you'll be surprised how many times you'll be taking those blinds if you keep the pressure on and force your opponents to have a hand if they want to play. Most of the time all three or four of you have nothing so whoever is PLAYING the most will stack 'em high. Just some more food for thought, I spent a few summers playing non stop tournaments from the moment i woke up till I fell asleep getting blinded away.
                          Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

How often you play now?
                            Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

How do people play this game for a living.....
                              Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

Working...
                              X