Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing

Considering what method to promote my weed and feed services. I’ve been reviewing my competitors websites on spy fu and the results lead me to conclude most of their website call volume is from referrals searching directly for their company. I don’t think they are getting a whole lot of calls from people searching with out a specific company in mind.
    I know my website needs significant work to convert it from its lawn mowing focus to our new weed and feed focus. However it seems so much of the weed and feed business is referral or calling based on a neighbors yard sign rather than blind searches.

I’m new. With very limited word of mouth or signs in the yard. It’s lead me to consider more options. I’ve been considering eddm or door hangers. I just got my first helper which has helped cut down on my time mowing and freed me up to focus on this. Plus he helps for $10 an hour so I could keep him busy and happy working with me hanging door hangers. Currently he has no license so I can’t just send him out unfortunately.

My other consideration was to move closer to social media marketing such as Facebook.

Be it door hangers involving hours of walking, or learning and creating content for social media/websites, it all takes time. Just considering where to spend my time. Have never had an issue making my phone ring for mowing services. Weed and feed however has sent me back to the drawing board.

Only reason I lean towards door hangers is it’s easier to know what you will get. Can skip houses you don’t like or don’t need your services. Know to expect .5-1%. Where as with digital marketing through google ads or Facebook I feel a decent chunk of money will go into the learning curve before I see success where as the door hangers are painfully slow and boring, the results maybe more instant and controllable. I will be working on updating the website either way.

Dunno, guess I’m reviewing everything and trying to figure out how to get this cash cow to produce, other wise I need to take her out behind the barn put her down so to speak.

Hey. Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts on promotion. Really helps me moving forward.

Comment

Digital marketing is the thing I discovered last year. I've never thought it could be so helpful because, you know, weed is such a product you should promote carefully in some states. So, my advice to you guys is to reach out to marketing agencies (for example, https://inquivix.com, I've heard a lot of good things about them) and work together on your goals.

Comment

Working...
      X