Cost to paint interior of house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost to paint interior of house?

In the process of closing on a house. Prior to moving in, I'd like to have the complete inside painted. Walls and ceilings. Most of the paint looks to be original to the house and is about 25 years old, and a few rooms have been painted some hideous colors. House is about 2000 sq ft, two story, with vaulted ceilings in the entry way and living room. Dry wall is in decent shape but has some nail holes and nail pops that will need to get fixed.

I got one estimate done and was quoted around 9k to get it all done with 2 coats of Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore. The second guy I was trying to get an estimate from flaked on me so needless to say won't be getting my business. The painter who did show up was courteous, on time, has great reviews on Google and a number of other sites. He can also work with our schedule. I have no issues going with him, but wanted to know if this quote was in the reasonable realm or if I need to shop around more. I have one more estimate lined up later in the week, but I'm worried about losing my spot on the schedule of the quote we currently have if I wait too long.

Like most things, I realize it would be cheaper if I did it myself, but between work and a knee that needs surgery, it's just not gonna happen.

I feel you on the painting dilemma. I recently got my 1800 sq ft place done, and it cost me around 8k with Benjamin Moore. However, you can also make it more affordable and still high quality with paints from kraftsmann.com. If the guy's got good reviews and fits your schedule, it might be worth it for the peace of mind. Good luck with the estimates!

Comment

Working...
    X