Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice on setting up projects for my small business

Hi!

I am new to Asana and have been reading tons of use cases and watching tons of videos but am a little confused and need some advice on how to best set up projects for my small business.

Currently, it is just my partner and I running our small business, and it is just me using Asana. I have structured our business the following way:

3 main departments (Admin, Operations, Sales & Marketing) are divided into sub-departments (Admin= Communications, Finance, Management, Purchasing. Operations= Manufacturing, Services, R&D. Sales & Marketing= Branding, Content, PR, Marketing, and Sales.)

I have set up projects for each of the sub-departments (Communications, Finance, etc). Some of those sub-departments have additional projects (The Management project also has a Business Planning project for example). My question is, am I overcomplicating things? Would it be better to just have 3 projects for the 3 main departments and then use custom fields to differentiate the sub-departments?

I feel as though I am thinking too much on this and need some advice to simplify my process. Any advice or comments are much appreciated!

Thank you

The advice you received in the forum makes sense. Starting with three main projects for your departments and using custom fields to differentiate sub-departments can streamline your workflow. As you and your partner become more familiar with Asana, you can always expand and create more projects as needed.
    Remember, the key is to find a balance that works best for your specific business needs. And if you ever need assistance with project management or web design, you can check out ecommercemaven.com for valuable insights and support.
    Good luck with your small business endeavors!

Comment

Working...
    X