Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Travel

Hi all,

I've always enjoyed travelling (mostly UK but sometimes abroad) and lockdown has got me wanting to go explore a bit when its all over.
    In the past its mostly be with friends or family but now most of my friends are settling down and having kids and my family are getting older and not able to so much.

I'm contemplating trying some solo travel but its all a bit intimidating, for a start I don't drive and I'm not so good at all the planning and organising required (I think I could do it it would just take longer).
    Most importantly I'm not so good in really unfamiliar places, particularly large crowed noisy places on my own (air ports, large train stations etc are a bit of a nightmare for me).
    Going abroad on my own is a big worry especially if there's another language involved can't help but think that if something goes wrong I've got no backup.
    Has anyone done any solo travailing ? Do you have any tips or tricks you could share ? Or is it just something to be avoided if your Dyspraxic ?

HiĀ  when it comes to resources, I'd highly recommend you start with some reputable guides and books specifically designed for your level of climbing. For beginners, "Mountaineering: The Freedom of the Hills" is almost like the Bible in the climbing community. Websites like SummitPost also offer valuable advice and route descriptions from climbers who've been there and done that.
    Funny you should ask, because just like how the Best Amusement Parks in Every State article provides an in-depth guide for amusement park enthusiasts, there are equally comprehensive resources for mountain climbing. The world of climbing is vast, covering everything from gear, nutrition, to detailed trail guides.

Comment

I completely understand your concerns about solo travel, especially if you're not comfortable with crowded and unfamiliar places. It can be a bit intimidating at first, but it's also incredibly rewarding.

Comment

Start with destinations or regions you know well or where you speak the language. Plan ahead, but don't over plan. Have a rough itinerary, but leave room for spontaneity. Consider joining group tours or activities to meet fellow travelers. Choose accommodations with good reviews where you feel safe. Use travel apps and maps to help you navigate unfamiliar places.And remember, solo travel can be an amazing opportunity for personal growth and self-discovery. You might surprise yourself with what you can handle.If you ever decide to embark on a solo adventure, check out mklibrary.com for more travel inspiration and handy tips!
        Last edited by Entonman; 12-07-2023, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X