Vesa – A memorable journey mixed with twists and turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vesa – A memorable journey mixed with twists and turns

When he saw the text message sent by Suresh that morning about Venkatsaminathan's death at around 8 o'clock, nothing seemed to be done for a while. Contacting him on phone did not immediately appear to know more details. As far as I am concerned, Vesa's death is, as everyone else says about all other deaths – a sudden death in its extreme, literal sense, with great anger and pain. I had thought that I should talk to him again and settle a rift that happened with him either by chance or by our long-standing custom. Even if he scolds me or if he annoys me and I scold him, I decided to talk to him again and put it off as usual. So many Sundays kept slipping away that we could talk here and there. But that man has died so suddenly and unjustly without giving me any such chance. I did not expect this in any way. I was talking to him for a very long time (more than an hour) after a long gap just a couple of months back. In the end, as always, I had to hang up the phone, usually with extreme anger and resentment.

That's what usually happens. It is nothing new to them. vslWhenever we had a big fight with him, Suresh, Gurumurthy and other friends always said, “What is the artist like?” He always has a kind of licking and affectionate Telegram Number Data inquiry. His calling me an "artist" to my circle of friends seems to me to echo the concern of a father inquiring about his estranged son. From the day we met each other directly, the conversation between me and Vesa was never normal. There is never a normal ending. My wife and some friends always say that he is teasing me about something. At times, Vesa would give a somewhat disturbed expression when I would try hard to continue our relationship with him in a loving and polite way. “What? He would tease me further saying, "Do you think you'll get anything special today? Are you normal? Are you scared?" It has to be said that it was time that slipped away and gave us such an intimate relationship with a man we were afraid to meet.

More than this, it seems that we have to say that something indescribable was the mutual affection, love, and affection that festered between us, hiding between us. Early 80s. It was time to search and read modern literary works, especially collections of critical essays and collections of modern plays. Suresh Subramaniam was my best friend and best friend. During our daily meetings at the Home Ministry's India Coffee House, during book exchanges, Vesa became familiar with 'A Voice of Dissent' and Milk and Banana essay collection, like many authors and critics. Ko.Vijayaragavan, who later joined our group, also shared with us 'Pragnaya' Kollippa of Vesa and some spare articles published in Yatra magazines. Ve. Sa. The world shown was completely new and unfamiliar to us, and Vesa's expansive vision was a kind of culture shock for us, and we were blown away and talked about Vesa's vision. We kept talking. We also chased the writings of KNS, CSU Chellappa and Tharumu Sivaramu.
Working...
X