Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does It Seem Like Social Media Is Dying To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does It Seem Like Social Media Is Dying To You?

I was honestly just thinking. Do you feel like social media isn't as engaging as it use to be? I took a break from it for a long time, but I ended up back in it as it seems to be the only way these days to truly market yourself. However, I feel like it's all smoke and mirrors when it comes to truly getting a platform going. For example, you have guitarists on Instagram with over a half a million followers but they play shows to like, 50-100 people. There's like 60 comments on their posts.
    When I first got on Instagram, it was thriving. And not just for me, but for everyone else, too. I hardly see my friends getting any engagement on their posts. It's not just IG either. Facebook and Twitter seem to be flatlining.
    I also wonder if the watered down sponsored content, forced influencer content and endless ads could have been a contribution to it.

A while ago, @Lindsey made a post about "where do you see music going in the future?" And it made me think about this: do you think streaming will be the new social media? Maybe that's why engagement on here has been down over the last two years. Maybe the consumer norm is starting to switch from a text based form of communication to streaming. I think @Mike Creuzer mentioned this in the webinar.

Anyway, it just got me interested in everyone's ideas. I'd love to hear @Jamie London 's thoughts on this for sure!!

Do you think streaming is on the way of replacing social media as we know it?

SynTV was a fantastic idea, that's for sure!

Just saw your post and wanted to drop in that while streaming is undoubtedly gaining momentum, I believe that social networks won't be replaced entirely. Each platform has its unique tools and advantages that cater to different needs and audiences. In fact, there are still innovative ways to strengthen your social presence and make algorithms work in your favor. As a musician, I've recently started using SMS services like https://nlosmm.com/ to boost my presence on various social platforms, and the results have been fantastic. It's all about adapting and finding new methods to effectively use social networks to reach a wider audience and engage with them in meaningful ways.

Comment

I totally get where you're coming from, Campbelden. Social media has evolved quite a bit, and it does seem like engagement has changed over the years. It's true; many factors like sponsored content and endless ads may have contributed to this shift.

Comment

The idea of streaming becoming the new norm is interesting. Platforms like Twitch have already shown how live streaming can be a powerful way to engage with an audience. Perhaps it's a sign of changing times, with people seeking more genuine and interactive connections.

As for Instagram, you mentioned guitarists with lots of followers but limited real-world engagement. It's essential to remember that follower count doesn't always translate to a dedicated fan base. Sometimes, it's about finding your niche and connecting with those who genuinely appreciate your content. And hey, if you ever want to boost your Instagram engagement, you can explore options like instagram likes for sale. It can help you get your message across to the right audience.

Comment

Working...
        X