My car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car

This has nothing to do with a claim. I usually relied on my late hubby for his expertise in this area. So I’m hoping someone can give me advice.

Took my 2018 Ford Explorer in for her 50,000 mile check up. The tech discovered a “crack on the top” of the engine. Thankfully it is covered by the power train warranty.

I drive across country a bit. I have a fear of my car breaking down in the middle of nowhere.

I am seriously considering getting a newer vehicle, to alleviate the worry about something else breaking down.

This was a serious defect right? Or am I a Nervous Nelly?

Thanks for the assist!!

What's the fix that is purposed? Is a new motor going in the Exploder? Personally if I lose faith in my machines they were gone. Others folks are less anxious and accept repairs keeping their vehicles until the wheels come off. And, I like new better than old. So I would go shopping. Good luck with it. Peace

Comment

Regarding the "crack on the top" of the engine, it's great that it's covered by the powertrain warranty. It does sound like a serious issue, but since it's covered, I wouldn't consider it an immediate sign to abandon ship—unless you're dealing with other issues that aren't covered.

However, given your concerns about long-haul driving, looking into a newer, more reliable vehicle isn't a bad idea. If you're open to exploring options, you might want to take a look at some JDM classics. I recently came across this site, https://www.jdmbuysell.com/for-sale/nissan/silvia/, and they have some awesome Nissan Silvias up for grabs. Not sure if you're into that, but they can be dependable cars.

Comment

some problem with the server..doulble posted

Comment

Working...
        X